Union is done

oldngray

nowhere special
If that was turned down, why did they withdraw that $1k offer?

Did they know that Hoffa would force the contract on those holdout locals?

Wouldn't that be something if UPS knew months ago that the IBT General Board would do this?

Agreed. Why would UPS come out with a worse offer than one that was previously rejected if they weren't already certain Hoffa would force the contract into effect? For sure UPS had stopped negotiating seriously and was just running out the clock waiting for Hoffa to step in.

Stonefish

Agreed. Why would UPS come out with a worse offer than one that was previously rejected if they weren't already certain Hoffa would force the contract into effect? For sure UPS had stopped negotiating seriously and was just running out the clock waiting for Hoffa to step in.
The reason the 1k was pulled off the table is because they spent that money and more fixing the 6 hour employee pension issue that 89 wanted fixed. Then they wanted more.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Well said.

There is a term that I can not think of at the moment about an elected official who betrays the very people who he is suppose to be representing.

What is that called?

realbrown1

The problem was the President of Local 89 kept moving the goal posts. Every time UPS met their demands the Local would either change them or add additional demands.

It really wasn't about the shuttle----it was about the healthcare.

407, Big Union Guy, and now you. The other 2 couldn't or wouldn't tell me what demands Fred made, and then changed.

Can you?

407, Big Union Guy, and now you. The other 2 couldn't or wouldn't tell me what demands Fred made, and then changed.

Can you?
Look up a couple of posts. There's a clue right there. Fred is a real genius (not) with that less than 8 employee or six hour guarantee. They get a seperate pension that a part timer or a full timer. He really screwed that one up. I'll give you something else. Fred isn't a upser so he hasn't a clue about ups.

twoweeled

People won't forget about this because they are living it.

In my opinion, it seems when it doesn't affect people directly, people just aren't very concerned. Sadly, we are "all about me". It wasn't are local today, but when it's our local gets screwed, it'll concern them! The international know this, and this is why they do it and get away with it. This action is not union. This is an action UPS would've have taken if they could have. Luckily, our union did it for them!

The reason the 1k was pulled off the table is because they spent that money and more fixing the 6 hour employee pension issue that 89 wanted fixed. Then they wanted more.
He didn't care about that time spent getting to their work area. He cared to fix the stuff he bungled in the past and his political aspirations. Feeds one of a kind.

realbrown1

He didn't care about that time spent getting to their work area. He cared to fix the stuff he bungled in the past and his political aspirations. Feeds one of a kind.

So you say.

But it sounds to me like you are a hard-core Old Guard supporter who will ride the teamsters all the way into the ground, kissing Hoffa's butt cheeks the whole way.

So you say.

But it sounds to me like you are a hard-core Old Guard supporter who will ride the teamsters all the way into the ground, kissing Hoffa's butt cheeks the whole way.
I don't want to insult you so I won't but I hope you get your issues in check. You are being a real tool on this site. Everyone sees that your insults are your claim to fame. If you ever want to grow up and talk like an adult to adults I'd welcome it.

So you say.

Only thing I'm hard core about is my family first. Then my God and then my friends and union. I'm a sports nut also and my kids love me along with my wife. I appreciate all the teamsters who came before me but times are changing and so does the attack we have to make on these contracts. You are only a hard core union man in your own mind. I've gotten fired for sticking up for teamster big man.

realbrown1

I don't want to insult you so I won't but I hope you get your issues in check. You are being a real tool on this site. Everyone sees that your insults are your claim to fame. If you ever want to grow up and talk like an adult to adults I'd welcome it.

You sound butt hurt. Did I ruin your day?

WESLA

It is what it is
Unfortunately, I have to side with upstate on this one.
Every demand that was being met, the local would come up with something else. And it WAS all about the healthcare. And a lot of upsers are failing to realize what was going to happen to our healthcare had the union not taken it over.
I'm not saying I totally agree with how this went down, but there's much more to this than any of us know, and plenty of politics to it.

You sound butt hurt. Did I ruin your day?
No way. I just came back from the habachi. Good food my family and our friends and their family. It was a blast. I built a fire pit and hung with my kids in the afternoon. Good day. You aren't a blip on the radar. I hope you feel better about yourself though. You seem like an angry person. For this I am sad for you.