Union Lazyness

tacken

Unions promote mediocrity.

Going above and beyond is frowned upon.

"Don't make me look bad."
Very true, You take 10 del of driver( A) get it done. Than the next day they are in your load again the following day. MEDIOCRITY.Now they are yours because you went above & beyond to get it done.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have a PT sup that sits and does word puzzles while microwaving her dinner every night.
When I worked inside P/T sups didn't take breaks. When we were on our 10 minute breaks they were furiously running around trying to get trailers pulled & replaced/buttoned up, etc.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
For preloaders its common in my little hub. In fact our management occasionally hooks us up with McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and burritos while we are working.
As long as you are not stacking out, you can eat/drink while working.
We got pizza for not having an accident in 46 days, Our previous record was 45 days, When I and 10 other guys who get beat daily got in, all gone. I have not only done 45 days, I have done 20 years. Thanks, just thanks.
reload got the rest, and they get fed every week or so.

Indecisi0n

We got pizza for not having an accident in 46 days, Our previous record was 45 days, When I and 10 other guys who get beat daily got in, all gone. I have not only done 45 days, I have done 20 years. Thanks, just thanks.
reload got the rest, and they get fed every week or so.
I wonder what we will get tomorrow for going 2 days.

Nimnim

The Nim
I can understand not busting your behind to make production or some other number, but yeah there's some union folks who downright make the rest of us hub workers look like superstars. I have noticed many of them are also the ones who file the most supervisor working grievances. I do have to agree with management sometimes when it comes to these people. They spend 15 minutes multiple times a night walking away from their work area, talking to people and maybe wandering towards a restroom, but they'll make sure to stop their wandering to tell a supervisor they saw them touch a box.

Dr.Brownz

D
What do u guys do to keep these people from getting to you? Something youve said

Sent using Ink and Canvas

Here's my advice. Do you're job and :censored2: off. Let management worry about it

Though if you are on the preload or some other team sort I can see why you would be pissed. Don't work harder to make up for these people. Work at your pace. Let management worry about hiring more people to pick up the pace. Don't work harder or you will never get help

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont work with any lazy people. And my union does not tell me I can be lazy. Are there bad people who keep their jobs because they have a union, possibly. Are there good people who get shoved out the door, to be replaced by a younger, prettier/ handsomer person, and do not have a union, absolutely.

How do you guys deal with the slow pokes, clock milkers, lazy fizucks, and high seniority coworkers that use seniority as a way to screw others.

I try to ignore it...

Milking the clock isnt bad, but some ups employees take it wayyy to far, and others get screwed.

People need to mind their own business.

BigBeef42

How are these so called lazy people affecting you?
Are you doing the full and complete job or are you racing around just to get done? Is this the gauge by which you judge others?
If you feel you are being given extra work because of the actions of others be grateful. Many of us fought hard for that work.
It sucks being low in seniority but we all were there. One day you will think differently.

Im a pm clerk part time. We have a new coworker, shes been with ups for 14yrs, and is currently learning the clerk job.

She refuses to learn or help. She walks around our hub most of the night, on cell phone, etc.

Peak is coming and this chick doesnt want to learn the job. Its extremely disrespectful to start a new job and not give a fugg about ur coworkers.

BigBeef42

I do agree the majority of upsers are hardworkers. It seems that 1 out of 10 is a freeloader. Just like any other job. Unions are no different.

Im just venting a little bit. i am ignoring her now, but once peak season comes, our workload as clerks triples, im gonna get pissed.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I worked inside P/T sups didn't take breaks. When we were on our 10 minute breaks they were furiously running around trying to get trailers pulled & replaced/buttoned up, etc.
They hide in the office for half the sort. I will literally get texts from my PT sup from the office...oh go see if so and so needs help. And he leaves the trainees unsupervised....and then complains when they have a dozen off routes. Hmm... I wonder why?