Union payout? from p/t to management?

Hi, ive been a p/t sorter/loader for 2yrs and 9 months. I am in the pool for management because i want to take advantage of the college tuition.

My question is based on a little hearsay, i've heard that you can get a payout for your time in the union. So, If i go from p/t to sup, can i recieve some type of payout for my time as a union employee?

I also work in southern california.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

kreator, you have to have 5 years to be vested in the pension so, to answer your question, you are not eligible for any sort of payout when you go to the dark side.

packagemandan

Your in different plan than I am, however there is tuition reembersment for the PT union people in place here. I took advantage as a driver for over 6 grand before they discontinued it for full time non management employees. Check it out with human resources, as for the management decision you need to get your 5 year vestment and your close.

Kae3106

Not sure if this is what you meant but if you had accrued vacation time and other entitlements, they would get paid off according to your contract if you switched to management. Just depends on what you had in your entitlement banks at the time.