Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Agitator2

And Quitter why didn't you tell the us all the facts , image.jpeg

member6045

You know absolute s#!t! So YOU know what my intentions were? So it was just a conspiracy just to get Liam in? LOL! Listen I was all in. I allowed my route to be bid. I got a new super efficient car, etc. But I sort of had to make a choice. My wife hated the new job, the hours, the anger, the constantly on the phone...and for awhile even me. So, I left a job I was finally handling. Life goes on. Looking back now and my kids are older,etc I do wish I would have stayed but these are the choices you make.

So let me get this straight! You make a decision to take a job like this without consulting your family and letting them know what the commitment is??

member6045

And Quitter why didn't you tell the us all the facts , View attachment 60834

That's ok news for members of local 804 that have a family and are looking to retire in 2018. Our current copay is $577.00 and will be reduced to $450.00 in 2018. The $400.00 increase that we are getting still doesn't cover $450.00 retirees healthcare cost.

I recall retirees paying $225.00 copay. Let's be clear! The copayments doubled and a surplus was created on the backs of retirees and robbing full timers with a substandard health plan full of copays for its members and families!

I wanted to see the facts on paper by union letterhead before setting the record straight! You guys believe fluffing minor things to seem like historic victories! In essence! Retirees are only getting $3450 a month that have 25 years of service and age 55 all years being full time until ssi kicks in.

Last edited:

Agitator2

it is all smoke and mirrors. The membership is subsidizing the pension increase and the medical plan. The reserve was built up because the plan sucks

member6045

The reserves are built up because the co-pays and deductibles have made the members think twice before seeking medical care, thus reducing our costs.

Most people realize the family medical history and we want to live as long as possible so preventive maintenance is important to a long lasting life! Not going to the doctor can cause bigger problems and bigger bills later.

member6045

"Running to the ER with sniffles" is why health insurance is so expensive.

Ok! Let's be clear I'm referring to your primary care doctor not a hospital! But if my child had a high fever and I could not break fever following the instructions of my doctor? and my doctor! I would go to the nearest hospital. I'm not playing with my child's life.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's what our was!!! Now it's $20 for visit and $20 for any test in office. ER is $200
In regards to what a dollar is worth now days 20 dollars seems like a bargain for a professional medical care. I know the price increase sucks especially someone in a fixed income but try buying healthcare on the open market for a family of 4...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
"Running to the ER with sniffles" is why health insurance is so expensive.
Could it be also that we are subsidizing healthcare from people south of the boarder who walk into a hospital and have to be seen.. Or multi billion dollar companies who don't pay their employees healthcare so they end up in the system and you and I help pay for this all the while Walmart, target, and hundreds of other companies take in record profit year after year...total bs

member6045

In regards to what a dollar is worth now days 20 dollars seems like a bargain for a professional medical care. I know the price increase sucks especially someone in a fixed income but try buying healthcare on the open market for a family of 4...

I'm sure that's a problem for many Americans today! Talk to your areas congressional advisors. FYI sometimes I believe I could get better coverage on my own if ups gave me the $1400 plus dollars a month

agitator

So let me get this straight! You make a decision to take a job like this without consulting your family and letting them know what the commitment is??
Like I said before, I left on my own volition. I was elected by the members. You on the other hand were trounced by the membership in 2009 and once again in 2012 and in a few more days. You can continue to attack me. That is what you guys do best: attack the members and blame our union. You guys are empty!

agitator

it is all smoke and mirrors. The membership is subsidizing the pension increase and the medical plan. The reserve was built up because the plan sucks
I have a copy of the letter from Chris L, UPS Trustee on the H/W fund to Bill B. We all know about the secret deal you tried to cut with UPS to increase co-pays, cut benefits and end 25 and out retiree health care. We know about the "timing concerns" of the cuts (ie, after the 2009 elections). Your "plan" Bill raised retiree healthcare to $550/month IF YOU QUALIFIED AT ALL. Also the rate would go up EVERY YEAR if there wasn't 6 months reserves.

Face it: you have nothing to run on. You guys bankrupted our funds. And you never raised the pension. Tim and Members United comes in and fixes your friend@#k ups on the H/W Funds. Then negotiates a strong contract which included a much needed Pension increase. What pisses you guys off is they actually did what they promised. They delivered. You guys couldn't. You lied to the members in 2009 and they through you out...FOR GOOD!

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I have a copy of the letter from Chris L, UPS Trustee on the H/W fund to Bill B. We all know about the secret deal you tried to cut with UPS to increase co-pays, cut benefits and end 25 and out retiree health care. We know about the "timing concerns" of the cuts (ie, after the 2009 elections). Your "plan" Bill raised retiree healthcare to $550/month IF YOU QUALIFIED AT ALL. Also the rate would go up EVERY YEAR if there wasn't 6 months reserves.

Face it: you have nothing to run on. You guys bankrupted our funds. And you never raised the pension. Tim and Members United comes in and fixes your friend@#k ups on the H/W Funds. Then negotiates a strong contract which included a much needed Pension increase. What pisses you guys off is they actually did what they promised. They delivered. You guys couldn't. You lied to the members in 2009 and they through you out...FOR GOOD!

You should post that letter if it's allowed. Thanks man!

member6045

Like I said before, I left on my own volition. I was elected by the members. You on the other hand were trounced by the membership in 2009 and once again in 2012 and in a few more days. You can continue to attack me. That is what you guys do best: attack the members and blame our union. You guys are empty!

You left because you couldn't handle it! We get it already! I'm attacking you? Thank God we don't live in Fl. You might shoot me due to your interpretation of attacking. Attacking people is all you do right!! Never a piece of truth! All of your fairy tail writings about the Big Bad old board! Secrets , lies and witchcraft. The great thing is your meaningless today in 804! Just to stay on target! You and your crew destroyed this great local.

member6045

Is $550.00 less than $577.00?? What are we paying now. Stop calling me Bill? Your weird dude.