Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Agitator2

I have a copy of the letter from Chris L, UPS Trustee on the H/W fund to Bill B. We all know about the secret deal you tried to cut with UPS to increase co-pays, cut benefits and end 25 and out retiree health care. We know about the "timing concerns" of the cuts (ie, after the 2009 elections). Your "plan" Bill raised retiree healthcare to $550/month IF YOU QUALIFIED AT ALL. Also the rate would go up EVERY YEAR if there wasn't 6 months reserves.

Face it: you have nothing to run on. You guys bankrupted our funds. And you never raised the pension. Tim and Members United comes in and fixes your friend@#k ups on the H/W Funds. Then negotiates a strong contract which included a much needed Pension increase. What pisses you guys off is they actually did what they promised. They delivered. You guys couldn't. You lied to the members in 2009 and they through you out...FOR GOOD!

I don't know about any SECRET DEAL, BUT it looks like your BOYS did the same thing as you say to save the fund. They:

Cut Benfites
Raised co- pays
Skyrocketed retiree health care to $577.00

What am I missing

I remember when the old boarded raised co-pays to $10.00, you cried.
A nobody
Irrelevant
A quitter
A runner

agitator

I don't know about any SECRET DEAL, BUT it looks like your BOYS did the same thing as you say to save the fund. They:

Cut Benfites
Raised co- pays
Skyrocketed retiree health care to $577.00

What am I missing

I remember when the old boarded raised co-pays to $10.00, you cried.
A nobody
Irrelevant
A quitter
A runner
You know nothing about the secret deal? None of us knew at the time until AFTER the election. Your boys (if not actually you)kept their plan from us. We found out because the lawyers for the fund kept a copy of the email. Buhlert must have destroyed the original copy...nice leadership! It spells out the old board's plan. It was similar to Members United plan but the Buhlert plan had poison pills within it. it required members to pay more for retiree healthcare, higher co pays and other changes in benefits UNLESS the Fund reached 6 months in reserves. When this deal was made, the Fund had just $6 million in assets and had NO CHANCE of reaching the $35 million in reserves by the deadline, making even more cuts inevitable. Again, the big difference is the rate would go up EVERY YEAR if the funds did not hit 6 months reserves!

Also it ends with this kicker: "I will have Ira (UPS attorney) put together a document that addresses YOUR TIMING CONCERN". Under this deal the company agreed to DELAY the timing of the cuts until AFTER our Local elections. This document is dated Sept 1, 2009. We had a General Membership meeting in Oct in which NONE OF THIS WAS BROUGHT UP! The elections were in Nov-Dec. They of course lost. When the Members United slate took over in Jan 2010, we found out the truth about the Funds. This history can not be denied. It is their legacy. It is why the Guarella/Buhlert slate will lose again. A matter of fact they are running in 3rd place according to my reading of this election.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
You know nothing about the secret deal? None of us knew at the time until AFTER the election. Your boys (if not actually you)kept their plan from us. We found out because the lawyers for the fund kept a copy of the email. Buhlert must have destroyed the original copy...nice leadership! It spells out the old board's plan. It was similar to Members United plan but the Buhlert plan had poison pills within it. it required members to pay more for retiree healthcare, higher co pays and other changes in benefits UNLESS the Fund reached 6 months in reserves. When this deal was made, the Fund had just $6 million in assets and had NO CHANCE of reaching the $35 million in reserves by the deadline, making even more cuts inevitable. Again, the big difference is the rate would go up EVERY YEAR if the funds did not hit 6 months reserves!

Also it ends with this kicker: "I will have Ira (UPS attorney) put together a document that addresses YOUR TIMING CONCERN". Under this deal the company agreed to DELAY the timing of the cuts until AFTER our Local elections. This document is dated Sept 1, 2009. We had a General Membership meeting in Oct in which NONE OF THIS WAS BROUGHT UP! The elections were in Nov-Dec. They of course lost. When the Members United slate took over in Jan 2010, we found out the truth about the Funds. This history can not be denied. It is their legacy. It is why the Guarella/Buhlert slate will lose again. A matter of fact they are running in 3rd place according to my reading of this election.

Who's 1st and 2nd place?

I am the original Local agitator. I write a newsletter here in Lo 804...have done it off and on since Sept 2006. The "agitator2" is just someone who didnt like the New E/B here in Lo 804 and started posting negative crap about them.
Whatever. You guys should all be ashamed. This thread used to be awesome and it pretty much sucks now.

member6045

Whatever. You guys should all be ashamed. This thread used to be awesome and it pretty much sucks now.

The joke is on Local 804 members in every building! Record suspensions, Terminations and Lost Arbitrations! All under the guidance of a person running for the two biggest fights of his Life! Let's see if you can rally your base? Or what's left of your base! With 4 slates running it only means 1 thing!!! Your time is up! Your position in Maspeth was absorbed! Try a transfer closer to your home! I hear a car washing position in Brooklyn will be coming up soon.

The joke is on Local 804 members in every building! Record suspensions, Terminations and Lost Arbitrations! All under the guidance of a person running for the two biggest fights of his Life! Let's see if you can rally your base? Or what's left of your base! With 4 slates running it only means 1 thing!!! Your time is up! Your position in Maspeth was absorbed! Try a transfer closer to your home! I hear a car washing position in Brooklyn will be coming up soon.
I hope you are right brother.

agitator

Who's 1st and 2nd place?
You can thank Facebook and other social media for that. No one seems to come to Brown Cafe anymore from my local. I'm so sorry if our internal struggles can't entertain you any longer.
As for the results of this election: having 3 opposing slates only helps Members United. Tim and Members United still have a large base to rely on. Granted it is a little smaller due to retiring supporters over the past 6 years. But we made over 1700 phone calls to supporters yesterday.

Last edited:
You can thank Facebook and other social media for that. No one seems to come to Brown Cafe anymore from my local. I'm so sorry if our internal struggles can't entertain you any longer.
As for the results of this election: having 3 opposing slates only helps Members United. Tim and Members United still have a large base to rely on. Granted it is a little smaller due to retiring supporters over the past 6 years. But we make over 1700 phone calls to supporters yesterday.
So you are saying Tim s and the members are calling members and asking them to vote for them?

Fragile

I'm still trying to figure out why Agitator rants about all these things via his newsletter (that I've been following for years now) and forums/facebook but stepped down as a business agent when he was elected in.