Union Politics - Target practice at the teamsters United bbq

You want to compare waistlines between Tim and Jim
How about bios?
James P. Hoffa grew up on picket lines and in union meetings. He is the only son of James R. Hoffa, former General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. On his 18th birthday, Hoffa received his own union card and was sworn in by his father. Prior to becoming Administrative Assistant to Michigan Joint Council 43, Hoffa was a labor lawyer in Detroit for 25 years.

TEAMSTER CAREER

1960s: Teamster laborer in Detroit and Alaska, loading and unloading freight from ships, driving trucks and buses, and operating heavy equipment.

1968-93: Teamster attorney representing members in workers compensation cases, Social Security, and personal legal matters; represented Teamster joint councils and local unions.

1993-98: Administrative Assistant to the President of Michigan Joint Council 43.

1999-Present: General President, International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

All accurate info. Also he has consistently PAID HIS DUES since the 60's. He worked unloading ships on the Great Lakes, and he worked driving trucks, heavy equipment and buses in Alaska during the construction of the BEMIS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) military base.

Not to rehash the past but I grew up for a portion of my childhood very poor with sometimes not a lot of food. I would characterize it as a disadvantage across the board. I wish I could be the three slice of pizza guy it the half a slab of rib guy. I've notices that as I get older I can't eat like I once could. That and a slowing metabolism will eventually come to a head. :)

Plus Jimmy is one hell of a speaker. We had him in our building once and he gave this speech right outside of our center managers office. He talked a lot of trash about the GOP. All the ups big wigs were there. Our center manager got scolded after for not controlling the situation. It was freaking awesome. He rolled in with Dennis Kucinich and Vigo Morgensen and Ken and just took the entire place over.

I still have teamster brothers who bring it up to me as one of their most proud days at United Parcel.

anHOURover

I might add that hat Ken is w very Dynamic speaker as well. When he gets going you are drawn to the what he says.
They may be good speakers in your eyes but they crapped the bed at the negotiation table !! Was their sales job speech in your local different then What I heard here? 90% votes no here even with lying local leadership

hyena

Let me know how that works out for him. We can keep rehashing the contract and what happened in this local. He upset but the master passed. The majority wanted to ratify the contract.
I still feel ashamed that the contract passed. You know as well as I do the majority was people that didn't give a s*. No matter what we took concessions.

anHOURover

Let me know how that works out for him. We can keep rehashing the contract and what happened in this local. He upset but the master passed. The majority wanted to ratify the contract.
You know as well as I do that master did not pass fairly. A bunch of lies and scare tactics had it barely pass .. Then even if it passes your SELLOUTS are supposed to go back to the table for the supplements who voted no! YOUR GUYS are a bunch of SELLOUTS! Low point in teamsters history !! I'm ashamed to be a member under this leadership. Wake the heck up