Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

Irishman Collins

All of whom are better than the clowns in office now.
I think Tim S is the wrong guy to challenge Hoffa. Although, I will vote for him and his slate, most likely. Fred would have been a much better challenger. Politics starts out with a popularity contest. When a candidate looks like he can't even take care of himself it leaves a bad first impression on voters. I know people will say I am insensitive again, but it is true. Sometimes voters will just vote for someone by how he or she looks. In addition the candidate must be charismatic and powerful when speaking to a crowd. I would of hoped for much better considering how desperate our members are for true leadership. Hopefully Tim will surprise me and be that dynamic, charismatic, powerful leader we need. Goodluck Tim you definitely will need it.

10 point

I think Tim S is the wrong guy to challenge Hoffa. Although, I will vote for him and his slate, most likely. Fred would have been a much better challenger. Politics starts out with a popularity contest. When a candidate looks like he can't even take care of himself it leaves a bad first impression on voters. I know people will say I am insensitive again, but it is true. Sometimes voters will just vote for someone by how he or she looks. In addition the candidate must be charismatic and powerful when speaking to a crowd. I would of hoped for much better considering how desperate our members are for true leadership. Hopefully Tim will surprise me and be that dynamic, charismatic, powerful leader we need. Goodluck Tim you definitely will need it.
Is Fred on his slate?

10 point

Sorry. I don't vote on looks, charismatic appeal or powerful vocal cords.

We already have one of those in the White House....minus the looks.

I vote on integrity and ability issues, how well the candidate understands our work environment, and his past record of fighting for the blue collar worker.

Jim Kelly, a past CEO of UPS was quoted saying he was glad to have Hoffa as GP (versus Carey) because Hoffa was more of a "businessman".

If UPS higher ups don't like Tim S then he has my attention.

Twist this however you want to, Hoffa lovers, but I'm ready to vote for someone who may value every member's vote.

Ron Carey lives on

Hoffa has always been all hat no cattle. He knows the words, doesn't know the music. He literally never worked a trade in the union ranks. Tim worked at Ups, which automatically give him a leg up with rank and file

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

High pension amounts mean nothing if the fund can't pay it, and have to cut it.
Are they cutting pensions in 804?
Is that a statement similar to "are you still wearing your ankle bracelet"?

Post some 804 facts to support the indirect mudslinging.

This always turns into a loyalty punch out vs a true analysis of facts.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

Sorry. I don't vote on looks, charismatic appeal or powerful vocal cords.

We already have one of those in the White House....minus the looks.

I vote on integrity and ability issues, how well the candidate understands our work environment, and his past record of fighting for the blue collar worker.

Jim Kelly, a past CEO of UPS was quoted saying he was glad to have Hoffa as GP (versus Carey) because Hoffa was more of a "businessman".

If UPS higher ups don't like Tim S then he has my attention.

Twist this however you want to, Hoffa lovers, but I'm ready to vote for someone who may value every member's vote.
I certainly understand what you are saying but it is not voters like yourself I am referring to.

10 point

Nobody cuts pensions in an election year.
And few got 804's increases. Let's just say Tim's motives are slanted and he doesn't really care for his local and muddy his campaign for the sake of supporting the current IBT leadership.
It's no wonder only a few people stick their necks out to make things better for people that will stab them in the back to look good to their locals.

Inthegame

And few got 804's increases. Let's just say Tim's motives are slanted and he doesn't really care for his local and muddy his campaign for the sake of supporting the current IBT leadership.
It's no wonder only a few people stick their necks out to make things better for people that will stab them in the back to look good to their locals.
So you don't like facts?

anHOURover

First it was Sandy, then it was Fred, and now it's Tim.

This is like going to the circus.

You never know how many clowns.... are going to come out of that little car.

-Bug-
Hey BUG? Throw your hat in the ring... Your the "BIG UNION GUY". Anyone is better than these clowns in office now!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Other than his last name please tell me how qualified the lawyer mr hoffa is to run our union!! Go ahead... I'm waiting...... HE RAN IT RIGHT INTO THE GROUND!!

How exactly has he done that ?

Are you saying the IBT is destitute, and on the brink of insolvency ??

Maybe, you need to go review the IBTs financial records....

Because it's readily apparent, you have no clue.

-Bug-

anHOURover

-Bug-
Morale is at an all time low in the teamster! Thousands of members had their vote taken from them and thousands more were lied to! Which = running the union into the ground!
How bout you run BUG? I'd love to have more choices! You got the mouth for sure....

Irishman Collins

-Bug-
I don't think that is his point. I think he is referring to things like the 89 vote, Central States Pension and Health and Welfare issues just to name a few