union question

k946

If a greivence goes to the regional board and they make a decision. Are you stuck with that decision or do you have other options. The reason for asking is, I filed a greivence a while back that ended up at regional board. It was for being denied to bid from the dock to P&D. I was told I won the greivence was not awarded my back pay. Not sure I agree with that decision. Actually, I feel sold out or they horse traded my back pay in lieu of another problem. Either way, am I just stuck with that decision? Is there a statute of limitations to push this forward if it is possible? And last I never recieved a letter stating the findings, it was done by phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

k946

Thank you for your help. After reading that it sounds like we will not any that have to do with a monetary value. Guess I know what to look for in my pending case as well.

os2wiz

A grrievance and the contract mean ABSOLUTELY Nothing, if it it is not backed up with a shop full of fighters. I always found when I was a union delegate in the hospital work actions and groups of workers coming in mass to the bosses office had more influence on a decision than a piece of paper. It takes great effort and patience to build that kind of unity. And a total commitment to the working class.