Union rep not stepping up...

squirlygirly

from another perspective, you could try showing up to work, doing your job to the best of your ability and following instructions. Then there would be no need for the union to step up.

I know, this is not what you are looking to hear on this site and it may be totally inappropriate to your situation. You have not shared any of your situation, so I have no way of knowing. I just constantly see situations where people flat out fail to show up for work, no call in, no show, sometimes 3 or 4 days in a row. So, I bring in the steward, pull out the Pittsburgh, and write them up. After which they whine at their steward because she/he did not do anything to get them out of being written up.

Fortunately, none of the above has ever applied to me.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Didn't mean to be ignoring y'all. Been busy trying to get my job back, since being sent to treatment program.

Greatly appreciate advice given, because advice was well received!!!
If your enrolled in the SAP there's not much that can be done until you have completed the hours that were given to you at your evaluation. Once completed you will go and gave samples and when the results are back you will then schedule a return to work hearing.

Hope this helps you.