Union responsibilities for representing there own?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I did everything by the BOOKS yes there were 7-8 witnesses, there is no video camera in the area I work I work in the cubbie hole part of the hub that is where my PD is located. My Injury was a freak accident that I didn't cause. very unfortunate for anybody thank god I didn't get paralyzed or die Cus the box that hit my head was 47lbs. And no I went to their docs not mine. My hub is being ran and operated by scums I'm sure most hubs are and they basically are trying to cover there asses Cus there should be no reason a box falls from the conveyors and strike an employee on any part of there body.. Something happen. Cause and effect and the effect was me getting injured and being screwed by my wonderful employer
The only responsibility that the union has is to collect your union dues money every month. I've been out of work for six months with a work related injury and I have been abandoned by my union and tossed to the curb like an old piece of furniture.
Yes I did everything that needed to be filed got filed. I did all the processes we to all scheduled doc appointments and PT

The picture.... keeps getting clearer.

-Bug-

hyena

The only responsibility that the union has is to collect your union dues money every month. I've been out of work for six months with a work related injury and I have been abandoned by my union and tossed to the curb like an old piece of furniture.
Make sure you guys put in a withdrawal card so you don't have to pay dues while you're off.

D

Deleted

The Union does not get involved in work comp claims. Your Union is there for you to deal with CBA issues.

hyena

I'm in a similar situation as the guy who was on workers comp. except my situation is way more severe.. I don't wanna get into to much detail about it since I have a lawyer on my current works comp case but I do have several questions that I feel I need help in Cus I'm jus at a loss for words at this point on how my local ups and teamster Union are treating me . I have been employed with ups for 7 years now. And with my local teamsters union 7 years as well. I had a very heavy box fall on my head from high volume pickoff side it feel approx 10-12 feet from above me and struck me in my head while on break conversing with a co worker. I sustained a head, neck, back injury as the result of that injury, it's been 7 months since injury and I'm still not receiving work comp benefits, ups won't let me work even though I can work light duty per doc orders. I have been getting friend over by ups since the day of injury. I contacted my local union rep who represents the ups workers.. He knows all about my case in detail. He tells me that he will email HR and find out why they won't give me my work comp benefits.. I have contacted him numerous times to find out if he got any answers back from HR. He has not contacted me back and I feel like I'm being tossed to the side like I'm jus some garbage.. I know how the job views workers who are hurt on job. We are a liability and don't wanna have to deal with us. That's fine and dandy.. :censored2: them is what I got to say but we have a union who is suppose to prevent these type of matters and handle and do there jobs.. I'm jus very confused on what to do the direction to take Cus obviously HR and my local union is gonna do anything to help me out during this turbulence and stressful events. Can somebody pls tell me what is the unions responsibilities for there union workers when they get hurt and the job is screwing them over.. Isn't the union suppose to fight for me to make sure that the company doesn't screw over there employees when they get hurt? I need some guidance Cus rite now how I feel bout both the union and ups is not good at alL. I feel as if I was all to the union was a guaranteed paycheck for them for the past 7 years
Don't come here seeking answers you'll find none. Most of the folks who post here are numb they forget the struggles if their ever were any. Guidance comes from the older folks at your building seek them out , they'll be a lot less sarcastic trust me lol

hyena

359d0yp.gif