Union said it will not represent me at panel

Burned twice

Never harassed them. Harassment has to be done over a period of time not in a chance encounter right? let me know if that is wrong. Never threaten them at all or used any profanity. So how to proceed with this since business is dead set on not going to panel. Said if its not in the best interest of the local he can decide if he takes case to panel. Can that be done?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let me get this straight-----you went to a panel hearing in March, got your job back, got fired again and am heading back to another panel hearing?

The Union made the right call in choosing not to waste money on you.

Burned twice

it is the unions job to help thats why dues are paid. Didnt know they had power to choose what cases they take. If thats the case then they can easily be bribed to not take certain cases that might make UPS as a whole look bad or just take cases from people that they like or ones that they dislike. Discretionary Power that what it sounds like. And that is not how a union should operate

Burned twice

How is it wasting money if the dues are being paid. As a person who pays dues I wouldnt care if the union took a person to the panel 5 times if the person is paying dues. Thats what the dues are for to be represented by the union.

Wilson

Never harassed them. Harassment has to be done over a period of time not in a chance encounter right? let me know if that is wrong. Never threaten them at all or used any profanity. So how to proceed with this since business is dead set on not going to panel. Said if its not in the best interest of the local he can decide if he takes case to panel. Can that be done?

I only noted what you said in a previous post. In my experience when an employee get crap-canned for such trivial charges, again, and , again, theirs more to the story. So, I don't think your being fully honest with us. You brought up harassment and threats of violence not us. If they, managemnt, say it too then they must have cause to believe it.

Wilson

How is it wasting money if the dues are being paid. As a person who pays dues I wouldnt care if the union took a person to the panel 5 times if the person is paying dues. Thats what the dues are for to be represented by the union.

Dues doesn't "entitle" you to unlimited representation. Especially for a person that has clearly made themselves more important than his job.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

it is the unions job to help thats why dues are paid. Didnt know they had power to choose what cases they take. If thats the case then they can easily be bribed to not take certain cases that might make UPS as a whole look bad or just take cases from people that they like or ones that they dislike. Discretionary Power that what it sounds like. And that is not how a union should operate
Harrassment can happen in one conversation.........what did you say or do for ups to bring up you harassing them and workplace violence? Or are they lying and you didn't say or do anything

Burned twice

I only noted what you said in a previous post. In my experience when an employee get crap-canned for such trivial charges, again, and , again, theirs more to the story. So, I don't think your being fully honest with us. You brought up harassment and threats of violence not us. If they, managemnt, say it too then they must have cause to believe it.

Thats what they said happened the driver should have felt like the 1 being harassed when you have 3 upper level managers following a driver then they came out with a plan to get this particular driver

Burned twice

Harrassment can happen in one conversation.........what did you say or do for ups to bring up you harassing them and workplace violence? Or are they lying and you didn't say or do anything

they claim that the talking was aggressive guess its aggressive when you use your hands when talking I would speculate that 95 of the people in the world use their hands when talking it is something that just comes natural

Wilson

I can say I have never met you or can tell much about you, but, from what I have read so far, you are clearly wearing blinders, deny any accountability, and talk up your victimhood. Management does't just pick out some person to follow around specially not three of them for no reason at all. Try some honesty, personal accountability, and maybe you'll do better in your next job

I'm out!

Burned twice

Dues doesn't "entitle" you to unlimited representation. Especially for a person that has clearly made themselves more important than his job.

Never said that person was more important than job, but there is such a thing as being treated fairly and with respect. Paying dues doesnt mean discretionary either if thats the case people should be able to pick and choose when they want to pay dues or not pay dues

Burned twice

I can say I have never met you or can tell much about you, but, from what I have read so far, you are clearly wearing blinders, deny any accountability, and talk up your victimhood. Management does't just pick out some person to follow around specially not three of them for no reason at all. Try some honesty, personal accountability, and maybe you'll do better in your next job

I'm out!

def not would admit if any wrong doing

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sadly if I were you, I would use my experience at UPS to look for another job.
They have no intentions of letting you work there anymore obviously.