Union Wins! Hostess Out of Business

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In related news, Michael Moore has been placed on suicide watch after learning of Twinkie’s demise.

WOW,,,,hilarous! a fat joke!!

Coincedentally, Rush Limbaugh was also put on suicide watch at the EIB when the twinkie was killed.

We could only be so lucky.

Peace

TOS

rod

Retired 22 years
Looks like Twinkies will return -being made in a Mexican bakery. Surprise-surprise-----not.
The thousands of Twinkie workers were doomed from the very beginning and had no chance of saving their jobs no matter what consessions they made. It won't be too long before all the illegals will have to flee back across the border to because thats where all the jobs will be.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some people have never heard of Bimbo, so I was making sure they knew what it was.............Guess what? They just mentioned Bimbo on FOX related to the Hostess story. So it's relevent!!!!

I just guessed at Bimbo.......now it's on the news...........score one for me!!

I cut and paste the site so I don't have to type the entire thing on here........

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A White House report sent to Congress in August 2012 estimated the sale of the remaining G.M. stock acquired by the United States Treasury during the company's bankruptcy would result in a loss of $25.1 billion to the American taxpayer.[SUP][85][/SUP] The total cost to the taxpayer will be determined after the government sells its 26% stake in G.M. and its 74% stake in Ally Financial, formally known as GMAC, G.M.’s financing arm.

Current stock price $23.85 .
Break even point for US Gov't owned shares is $28.73 .

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to delivery to a bakery near my Hub that made Colonial bread, a regional brand that I grew up with. Sara Lee bought them out, and started baking Sara Lee and Colonial at the same plant. The pay was never great there, a supervisor came up to me one day and wanted to get a job at UPS. I couldn't stand to deliver EAMs there, they didn't like to answer the door. Bimbo came in a couple of years ago and bought Sara Lee out. The plant had Teamsters in it at one time, I don't know if they are still there. Bimbo changed the Colonial recipe where the slice of bread just falls apart now, so we started buying store brands. Currently I like the Publix grocery store brand.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The Board most likely gave these top executives these raises in anticipation of executing the shutdown of the company.
As a shareholder or worker, when a troubled company's BOD increases top pay, that is a sign that these executives are being charged to shut the company down (and put themselves out of a job).
This is good common sense actions by the BOD encouraging the top executives to act in "enlightened self-interest" in the interests of the shareholders.

BTW - the BOD determines top executive (Management Committee) compensation ... the executives do not give themselves raises.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I used to delivery to a bakery near my Hub that made Colonial bread, a regional brand that I grew up with. Sara Lee bought them out, and stated baking Sara Lee and Colonial at the same plant. The pay was never great there, a supervisor came up to me one day and wanted to get a job at UPS. I couldn't stand to deliver EAMs there, they didn't like to answer the door. Bimbo came in a couple of years ago and bought Sara Lee out. The plant had Teamsters in it at one time, I don't know if they are still there. Bimbo changed the Colonial recipe where the slice of bread just falls apart now, so we started buying store brands. Currently I like the Publix grocery store brand.

I like Publix bread because it browns up well and holds together for sandwiches and Publix sells a loaf for $1.79 and have it on sale for $0.99 regularly.