Unionizing FedEx - What does it mean to you?

bbsam

Staff member
Then just to shed some light, Senator Corker is a Senator from Tenessee, and water carrier for Fred S. I also believe he was the one responsible for the reprehensible attack ads aimed at Harold Ford Jr.

bbsam

Staff member
I absolutely do understand how parly pro works.

I also know that the Democrats completely dropped the ball by extending the Bush tax cuts without DEMANDING several items from their agenda go through. Unfortunately, a lack of leadership from the White House, the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority leader allowed the tax cuts to pass with nothing in return from the Republicans.

Right now, Democrats are doing as much to hurt the labor movement as Republicans are.
Not to be an ass, but what movement? Where are the unions growing in strength and number?

barnyard

KTM rider
Not to be an ass, but what movement? Where are the unions growing in strength and number?

There are a couple of service sectors where unions are seeing growth, but otherwise, they are pretty much dying. Much to the joy of conservatives and everyone else that hates a prosperous middle class.

CharleyHustle

The Teamsters and UPS Union employees have got to do something about FedEx unionizing or all UPS Teamster employee jobs and pensions are in jeopardy by 2025.

Alas, the poster you quoted I believe said that the vote in a MA FedEx facility that was canceled this week should have been a "slam dunk". All the political posturing in the world wont get someone to join or vote for a union if they can't muster the will or the fortitude to do so, even if they "know they are getting shafted". I (gladly) work from 9 to 9 Mon thru Fri, the weekends are spent catching up family needs, I'm a little busy. The Teamsters are broke and totally wrapped up in the cycle of election and reelection. If you or the FedEx worker are thinking that me or the Teamsters are just gonna make it happen, well that's a pipe dream.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Funny how UPS was so dedicated and working hand in hand with the Teamsters for trying to get FedEx under the NLRA, yet there is another thread here about SCS looking for representation and it was mentioned how UPS would likely be strongly opposed to it...hmmmm

upsgrunt

You better open your eyes if you think the republican party has any plans to help us out in the working class of America!!

My eyes are wide open and I'll stick with what has worked for me in the past and avoid what has hurt me in the present.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Funny how UPS was so dedicated and working hand in hand with the Teamsters for trying to get FedEx under the NLRA, yet there is another thread here about SCS looking for representation and it was mentioned how UPS would likely be strongly opposed to it...hmmmm

It's called enlightened self-interest or maybe just self-interest.

packageguy

There most certainly is something we can do. It is called education as a Teamster member. Educating the masses on the issues at hand and the stance of the politicians on those issues. If people don't stop basing their votes on emotional issues like abortion and gun control they are going to run themselves right out of a job and a pension and health care. It all needs to start with a grassroots member education drive by all teamster members.

I agree education is the answer, but where I work, to many deals being cut. I don't like it.