Unions and politics

Froggie

It seams that most of the comments have avoided the heart of my argument. Some , and I suspect many people when asked to join a union think unions are unnecessary because the government provides them with basic protections. The first question: Do you think that the abolition of minimum wage would lead to more people joining unions? YES or NOThe second question: Do you think unionized companies pay more? YES or NOThe Third question: Has the number of labor laws increased while the number of people in unions has decreased? YES or NOGovernment remedies require you to Take off workHire a lawyer that will take 40% of your settlement and make a record of you as a trouble maker On the other hand unions solve grievances far beyond the minimum that Government provides.

Froggie

Only seven percent earn minimum age over all. Eleven percent of teen earn min wage. Adolescent is temporary. Democrats pretend to help 7% while just helping the rich. Teen should be in school not working.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Only seven percent earn minimum age over all. Eleven percent of teen earn min wage. Adolescent is temporary. Democrats pretend to help 7% while just helping the rich. Teen should be in school not working.

Right, because if an employer pays $7.26/hour instead of $7.25, it's paying above minimum wage right?

1-in-4 persons over 25 working within the private sector earn less than $10/hour. Unfortunately, I could not find an exact wage breakdown.

purplesky

If the unions spent all of the money give to politicians and political parties on organizing, then unions would not be in decline. They are obsessed with minimum wage. In my opinion minimum wage becomes a bench mark and it should be abolished. Minimum wage is a draw for illegal immigrants. Employees are not sanctioned for hiring illegal If they were to pay less than the minimum they would have federal and state agencies on top.

I think that if minimum wage were abolished tomorrow wages would increase for most workers. And unions would have no difficulty recruiting new members. Union members would tend to shop and eat at establishments that had unions.

At Walmart the cashier asked if I had found everything I was looking for?? I replied, that i had been looking for the UNION LABEL and hope some day to find it. Abolish minimum Wage laws and Walmart will be unionized.

So the Republicans and big business would suddenly start paying a voluntary living wage if you abolish minimum wage laws? The Republicans will fight to the death before wages are even close to a living wage.:wink2:

How dare you suggest that the job creators like Twitt Robme take a pay cut for the the average worker.:surprised:

Last edited:

texan

I did not not know where to put it.....

My mothers side of the family were life long Union Members and worked at the the PA Railroad.

At one time, the PRR was the largest publicly traded corporation in the world, with a budget
larger than that of the U.S. government and a workforce of about 250,000 people

65 years on the news. Is that not something?

91-year-old World War II veteran retires after 65 years of working on the railroad

This Labor Day, there will be a little less labor for one World War II veteran.

Thomas Merrick, 91, who served in the Army's 92nd Infantry between 1942 and 1946, retired Saturday from his job
as station superintendent with the New York City transit system after 65 years of service, according to MTA.info.

Merrick, who began working as a railroad clerk in the summer of 1948 for 90 cents an hour -- what he
calls "a good and decent wage at the time" -- was born in 1921 in Wilmington, N.C.

Read more: 91-year-old World War II veteran retires after 65 years of working on the railroad | Fox News

I did not not know where to put it.....

My mothers side of the family were life long Union Members and worked at the the PA Railroad.

At one time, the PRR was the largest publicly traded corporation in the world, with a budget
larger than that of the U.S. government and a workforce of about 250,000 people

65 years on the news. Is that not something?

91-year-old World War II veteran retires after 65 years of working on the railroad

This Labor Day, there will be a little less labor for one World War II veteran.

Thomas Merrick, 91, who served in the Army's 92nd Infantry between 1942 and 1946, retired Saturday from his job
as station superintendent with the New York City transit system after 65 years of service, according to MTA.info.

Merrick, who began working as a railroad clerk in the summer of 1948 for 90 cents an hour -- what he
calls "a good and decent wage at the time" -- was born in 1921 in Wilmington, N.C.

Read more: 91-year-old World War II veteran retires after 65 years of working on the railroad | Fox News
I luv ya man. You're my best Internet friend by far. God bless you