Unions are bad!!!

vantexan

Just curious---why not? Set aside your personal feelings for Ground and look at the business model. It is perfect for a silent partner.

It's one thing when you have it done to you. Quite another thing when you are doing it to others. As the saying goes, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's one thing when you have it done to you. Quite another thing when you are doing it to others. As the saying goes, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

This is why being a silent partner is ideal. You don't go anywhere near the entity that you are invested in---you just sit by the mailbox and wait for the royalty checks. It could be a slaughterhouse for kittens for all I care.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is why being a silent partner is ideal. You don't go anywhere near the entity that you are invested in---you just sit by the mailbox and wait for the royalty checks. It could be a slaughterhouse for kittens for all I care.

Nice. 'Mercenary Capitalism' is not victimless. I cite Ground as a prime example of subsidized industry. A "gift" that the rest of us pay for through higher taxes.

vantexan

Well heck, why not sell heroin? It's not your fault what they do after you get your money.

vantexan

Just curious---why not? Set aside your personal feelings for Ground and look at the business model. It is perfect for a silent partner.

Besides my personal views, this goes back to what you were saying awhile back that you'd do just as well with less money as you do with $70k a year. I got rehired at $10.85, got fed a little bit a year, no raise one year, and don't have enough to invest in much of anything. I've just gotten a few bills paid off, have only one $300 a month bill that'll be paid off by mid-2013, and am finally in a position to start socking away some money for retirement. At least I was, but once again FedEx is going to make things tight. What is natural for you, looking for places to park your money, is just not the experience of FedEx mid-range couriers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'd rather live in a one room shack with a dirt floor than do to others what FedEx is about to do to it's own employees. Shame on you and anyone else who supports this.

I never said I supported it. As bbsam has said, it's a business decision. I don't take it personally. I've quit without notice before. It was nothing personal (except once). I worked for a friend that I thought very highly of and still do. We had some serious and very heated professional disagreements and parted ways, job-wise. Nothing personal. We stay in touch. Some decisions are best made with a calculator.

I can rant and rave here and it won't do me, you, or anyone else any good.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Another theory not supported by the evidence.

Wait, this is BC. Arguments made from whole cloth are the fuel that feeds the fire!

I'll take the Shillburger with a side of corporate deception please!! No, wait. I'd like to order some deep-fried Memphis Rat covered in Top Executive Cheese....

westin

It still amazes me how powerful the purple juice is. I'll make 85k-90k this year with free health care, dental and vision and Ups still makes billions a year. FredEx is drinking mai tais with the politicians all the while enjoying his chinese like labor force. No doubt he's pulling off one of the biggest corporate labor scandals in history. Lube up or step up and do something about it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It still amazes me how powerful the purple juice is. I'll make 85k-90k this year with free health care, dental and vision and Ups still makes billions a year. FredEx is drinking mai tais with the politicians all the while enjoying his chinese like labor force. No doubt he's pulling off one of the biggest corporate labor scandals in history. Lube up or step up and do something about it.

Our sheep prefer to lube-up and take it. It always amazes me how passive FedEx employees are while they consistently get screwed over and over again. Fred is preparing an even more brazen assault this time and they're still afraid to step-up.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Our sheep prefer to lube-up and take it. It always amazes me how passive FedEx employees are while they consistently get screwed over and over again. Fred is preparing an even more brazen assault this time and they're still afraid to step-up.

And you're right there where you've always been, getting ready to take it just like you always have. LOL!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And you're right there where you've always been, getting ready to take it just like you always have. LOL!!

I'm a problem child, because I won't take it. I'm glad you and your sister are working as a team now. Fred likes teamwork. Trouble is, you're both high on Kool-Aid and don't make any sense.