Unions are bad!!!

Goldilocks

Here we go again. When I was hired on, I was told to budget myself on my guarentee pay, 35 hours a week. Part timers 17.5....So why should the company call us in a meeting to say "Your better prepare yourself and your families"....GEEZZZZ, come on guys...Oh and Van, my friend has worked for JC Penny for over 25 years. And Yes they just had a mass layoff and now she is bombed with work, too much....

Question? What kind of car do you drive and what kind of home do you live in? Its not Corporate Americas or Fedex's problem if you have over extended yourself.

vantexan

Here we go again. When I was hired on, I was told to budget myself on my guarentee pay, 35 hours a week. Part timers 17.5....So why should the company call us in a meeting to say "Your better prepare yourself and your families"....GEEZZZZ, come on guys...Oh and Van, my friend has worked for JC Penny for over 25 years. And Yes they just had a mass layoff and now she is bombed with work, too much....

Question? What kind of car do you drive and what kind of home do you live in? Its not Corporate Americas or Fedex's problem if you have over extended yourself.

I live in a 26' travel trailer and drive a used 2000 friend-150. I make more than $9000 a year less than you on 40 hrs a week and have had medical bills to pay off. Actually, you are most likely on the E payscale so I make about $12,000 less than you on 40 hrs a week.

jmeti000

I based my income off the 35 hr min...I drive a car thats paid off and lets just say I dont live in the most expensive part of town by ANY stretch, but its the CHEAPEST place I could find that was clean and safe (especially important to me since Im a single female). Im not asking for the company to say "Your better prepare yourself and your families", Im asking them to be forthcoming and honest with whats going through their little heads and what they are planning instead of springing every little change on us. Even if all they said was "at this point, the PLAN is to ....with regards to salaried and hourly employees." Maybe the changes will happen just as they say, and maybe the changes will be slightly different, but at least it would give ALL employees a chance to prepare in advance. I know several salaried employees that would make the retirement offer but are scared to death that it may be forced because they have no plans to retire at this stage, nor do they even know if their position will be targeted. So my statement doesnt just apply to hourlies, it applies for everyone. My income is based of the mins, but what if they eliminate that? What if they cut other benefits that will need to be compensated for our of everyones income? What if its a combination of the above and/or more? FedEx carefully plans its financial strategies, is it to much to ask for a little forthwriteness and honesty so we can plan ours?

vantexan

Well I guess it's finally come to this. If you get a job with a major corporation you better live your life as if the only thing that matters is the company's well being. Sacrifice is the new mantra. Live paycheck to paycheck like each one may be your last. Throw yourself on your sword so that others may live(and live well). Better work on my abs because THIS IS SPARTA!!! Sorry, couldn't resist!:warriorsmiley:

Bailey4

Our ground ops managers have been dropping hints that xsaver and 2 day are on the way out. We have heard that perhaps there will be a buy out which is no good for those who cannot retire yet. The company eleiminated split shift. Come on already. This company is preparing to sqEEze Federal express division out of the picture as soon as possible. Write a letter..HaHaHa! Maybe that worked for you before but it wont now. And all you Fedex managers that post here as if you are an employee. Well, you wont be needed either. Let's see how you like it on our side of the fence.

Goldilocks

I live in a 26' travel trailer and drive a used 2000 friend-150. I make more than $9000 a year less than you on 40 hrs a week and have had medical bills to pay off. Actually, you are most likely on the E payscale so I make about $12,000 less than you on 40 hrs a week.

Me too...Kept my bills low, drive old cars and modest home.....

Goldilocks

Well I guess it's finally come to this. If you get a job with a major corporation you better live your life as if the only thing that matters is the company's well being. Sacrifice is the new mantra. Live paycheck to paycheck like each one may be your last. Throw yourself on your sword so that others may live(and live well). Better work on my abs because THIS IS SPARTA!!! Sorry, couldn't resist!:warriorsmiley:

You know as well as I do that when we hired on thats what we were told. I followed that.

vantexan

You know as well as I do that when we hired on thats what we were told. I followed that.

I've had mgrs in the past suggest that we don't count on overtime to last and live accordingly. What you aren't getting is a topped out courier on my payscale makes more on 35 hrs than I do on 40. Please don't tell me how to spend my money when you do much better than I and I have no chance to ever catch you. Pushing us down to 35 hrs is going to make getting by a struggle for many in mid-range because we've never made the pay you take for granted.

Goldilocks

I've had mgrs in the past suggest that we don't count on overtime to last and live accordingly. What you aren't getting is a topped out courier on my payscale makes more on 35 hrs than I do on 40. Please don't tell me how to spend my money when you do much better than I and I have no chance to ever catch you. Pushing us down to 35 hrs is going to make getting by a struggle for many in mid-range because we've never made the pay you take for granted.

I wont ever say how you should spend your money. Just simply replying to your statement about not being able to live on 35 hours. Its not my fault or FS fault that you quit the company and decided to return. How is that my fault? People I work with live way BEYOND their means. Not me....I have a 29.99 cell phone, cant afford a smart phone, or a nice car or a huge home. But one thing is for sure I love and respect my husband the courier for how hard he works for his family. He is a terrific guy that never complains.

I have never taken my income for granted, because I could be let go at any point.

My point is for you guys to get together and send that letter in to FS and Mem and MT3....You will get results. No its not right that I make more than most as a topped out employee but worked my butt off for it, and I know you do to. Just pray that one day soon the payscale will change.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wont ever say how you should spend your money. Just simply replying to your statement about not being able to live on 35 hours. Its not my fault or FS fault that you quit the company and decided to return. How is that my fault? People I work with live way BEYOND their means. Not me....I have a 29.99 cell phone, cant afford a smart phone, or a nice car or a huge home. But one thing is for sure I love and respect my husband the courier for how hard he works for his family. He is a terrific guy that never complains.

I have never taken my income for granted, because I could be let go at any point.

My point is for you guys to get together and send that letter in to FS and Mem and MT3....You will get results. No its not right that I make more than most as a topped out employee but worked my butt off for it, and I know you do to. Just pray that one day soon the payscale will change.

A letter would be worthless, and that's because what's happening is the plan, and they've been hatching it for a very long time. MT3 or maybe even Fred would write you back and say all the right things and then go ahead and proceed exactly according to schedule. You mean nothing, I mean nothing, and we all mean nothing.

What's hard to believe is that ANYONE trusts anything that comes from upper management anymore. If you do, you need far more help than I can ever give you, because you are delusional. Fred and all the rest of them know exactly what they are doing and also know the damage it will inflict on employees.

Guess what? THEY DON'T EFFING CARE!!

vantexan

I always wonder how long until it's pointed out that it's my fault that I quit. Make it personal all you want, doesn't change the fact that tens of thousands of couriers are in the same situation I'm in. And why should your husband complain? He and his wife are grossing over $100k a year! And good for you! Just don't tell me how great I've got it because you've got it so good. It's obnoxious. I keep saying top us out in a reasonable time, you keep making excuses for them and tell me I should just be happy I have a job. If you aren't a shill then you are a facsimile of one.

vantexan

A letter would be worthless, and that's because what's happening is the plan, and they've been hatching it for a very long time. MT3 or maybe even Fred would write you back and say all the right things and then go ahead and proceed exactly according to schedule. You mean nothing, I mean nothing, and we all mean nothing.

What's hard to believe is that ANYONE trusts anything that comes from upper management anymore. If you do, you need far more help than I can ever give you, because you are delusional. Fred and all the rest of them know exactly what they are doing and also know the damage it will inflict on employees.

Guess what? THEY DON'T EFFING CARE!!

When it comes right down to it, why should we even have to ask them to do the right thing? She makes it sound like this was all hatched by evil subordinates, and if we just go to the top they'll realize very quickly the grave injustice that has been done and rectify it. I bet she dreams of Fred standing on a cliff edge staring nobly at the horizon, wearing a bomber jacket and hair flowing in the wind. Either that or in some twisted way she's trying to get us to go public. She's already asked me in a PM which station I work at. Got another PM today from her but am afraid to open it.

Rhoderunner

Our ground ops managers have been dropping hints that xsaver and 2 day are on the way out. We have heard that perhaps there will be a buy out which is no good for those who cannot retire yet. The company eleiminated split shift. Come on already. This company is preparing to sqEEze Federal express division out of the picture as soon as possible. Write a letter..HaHaHa! Maybe that worked for you before but it wont now. And all you Fedex managers that post here as if you are an employee. Well, you wont be needed either. Let's see how you like it on our side of the fence.
Well as of now we still get paid by the hour with OT. We get medical/dental/eye coverage. A pension plan (lousy but something) 401K and other 'perks' like tuition reimbursement. Thinking our side is still much better than yours friend. :teethy:

vantexan

Well as of now we still get paid by the hour with OT. We get medical/dental/eye coverage. A pension plan (lousy but something) 401K and other 'perks' like tuition reimbursement. Thinking our side is still much better than yours friend. :teethy:

I think he's an Express employee, as in Domestic Ground Ops, not FedEx Ground, might be wrong.

STFXG

Express side much better than ground side? I'm assuming you're only talking about drivers and not contractors.

Hope you're enjoying it, because it's about over! We are always looking for qualified drivers so polish up that resume.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When it comes right down to it, why should we even have to ask them to do the right thing? She makes it sound like this was all hatched by evil subordinates, and if we just go to the top they'll realize very quickly the grave injustice that has been done and rectify it. I bet she dreams of Fred standing on a cliff edge staring nobly at the horizon, wearing a bomber jacket and hair flowing in the wind. Either that or in some twisted way she's trying to get us to go public. She's already asked me in a PM which station I work at. Got another PM today from her but am afraid to open it.

Exactly. There is no guding light and no moral compass...just greed I love the romanticized image of Fred you paint, which seems to be the way a lot of employees see him, although a quite a few seem to be putting the Kool-Aid down. A more accurate portrayal would have Fred meeting with the politicians he owns over a glass of fine Merlot, or perhaps while anjoying a fine meal and cigar. Fat cats enjoying the good life and blowing the cigar smoke into our faces.

Goldilocks

I always wonder how long until it's pointed out that it's my fault that I quit. Make it personal all you want, doesn't change the fact that tens of thousands of couriers are in the same situation I'm in. And why should your husband complain? He and his wife are grossing over $100k a year! And good for you! Just don't tell me how great I've got it because you've got it so good. It's obnoxious. I keep saying top us out in a reasonable time, you keep making excuses for them and tell me I should just be happy I have a job. If you aren't a shill then you are a facsimile of one.

Sorry you feel that way Van, did not mean it in a bad way......Good Luck to you...