United Package Smashers

over9five

Staff member
"Actually, Micheal Moore disgusts me."

Welcome to the site, UnitedPackageSmashers. Couldn't agree moore (uhh, MORE).

Anyhow people, I see nothing wrong with UPSmashers posting here. He writes well and doesn't swear......

.....Although I once said that about someone else who went off the deep end. Who was that? Anyone remember?

That said UPSmashers, I think your website could just as easily be about Fedex or DHL.

I agree with whoever mentioned that DHL will dr anything, anywhere. Those people won't even try to hide it, and oviously don't need signatures for anything.

I can't count how many times I've seen Fedex packages left at businesses that have moved! What's with that?

Let's not even talk about the post office! Anything that won't fit in your mailbox is elasticed (sp?) to the box, who cares if it's pouring rain.

We all have damages, maybe we have the most - I don't know. But I can tell you all that WE are the most professional out there. No one else comes close.

HazMatMan

having been a preloader, I can tell you 90 percent of the damages that occur (on our shift) are due to too much being processed on the belts that feed the slides. The slides get backed up and then the crunching begins. Its a simple fix, but do you think we could back down our production a little bit to save damages? HAH! Heresy! get it in the trucks!!! :wink2:

I agree..

Well, Hello Kieth. Oldsorter here. Unfortunately your website is made up of several little nastoids who still live with Mommy and Daddy. I used to come to the site in an effort to diffuse some of the negativity and try to help newcomers to understand and deal with the nature of UPS. It was a losing battle - kind of like trying to convince a bunch of three-year olds that they must brush their teeth every day.

It's a shame that your life is so full of hatred that you try and spread it to others. For crying out loud, let it go. You are poisoning yourself as well as convincing those kids that they have some sort of power. Heck, they haven't even begun to carry their own weight in the adult world so how can they appreciate carrying their share at work?

Take a look at your posters. Does anyone with common sense and a desire to succeed in life stick around? No one stays but the rotters. The last post I made referred to one of them as poisonous and that was the end for me.

You're not a stupid man by any means. Think about using your energy and intelligence for your own good. Forget UPS and don't ever, ever use them again. It will be that many less computers I have to hoist up to the top belt. And Happy Holidays to you! Peace. love and respect to all. os

I think I remember you on the forums, actually. We're going to clean house in the forums pretty soon - there has been alot of crap over there that needs to be cleaned up. The spam problem is under control, now its time for some people to hit the road. The site was more or less neglected for the last couple of years. That has changed, I am redoubling my efforts on that site and several others.

I am not exactly "full of hate" as you put it. I am disgusted with UPS. Sadly, I don't have a choice over who people use to send their stuff to me alot of the time. Many companies pick their carrier and thats that. My issue with UPS continues to this day. Heck, the IRS sent some legal documents to a relative a year ago. UPS returned it to sender, saying that *I* refused it. I haven't lived at that address for close to a decade now and the only thing I had sent there was 4 cases of bubble mailers, which the driver left outside piled against the back door without obtaining a signature while everyone was gone for the weekend and it rained. I raised a huge stink about it and they tried to wiggle out of the claim but I made it stick. I assume the driver got yelled at and decided to get his revenge by playing with the IRS correspondence.

Uh Huh, way to promote your website here. Stumbling all over the premise of the site which is UPS employees destroy packages and then pretending you side with the drivers by saying your blame management.

You are only here to get people to look at your website which is designed to defame UPSers and mock how badly we all do our jobs.

It's all self promotion at our expense.

Uhm, I didn't start the thread. It was started over a year ago by someone else, long before I was even here. I installed new software on my site that tells me who is linking in so I can see what other people are saying. I saw this thread so I decided to come in and see what was going on and I found this thread. The site is designed to expose (and mock) those who do their jobs poorly. That seems to include almost all of the management and about 5% of the rank and file. I don't blame the 95% for the 5%, but I do blame the management and UPS as a company (same thing) for the 5%.

T

toobad

Uhm, I didn't start the thread. It was started over a year ago by someone else, long before I was even here. I installed new software on my site that tells me who is linking in so I can see what other people are saying. I saw this thread so I decided to come in and see what was going on and I found this thread. The site is designed to expose (and mock) those who do their jobs poorly. That seems to include almost all of the management and about 5% of the rank and file. I don't blame the 95% for the 5%, but I do blame the management and UPS as a company (same thing) for the 5%.
LMAO You just want to attract attention to your website from this one because this one is popular. Why else respond a thread that's a year old?

Your website disrespects UPSERS but comes to our site to get views. What have you got to say that doesn't make us look bad?

Never mind, I dont' want to give you any reasons to post here.

DS

Fenderbender
Heck, the IRS sent some legal documents to a relative a year ago. UPS returned it to sender, saying that *I* refused it. I haven't lived at that address for close to a decade now.
UPS has no control over the addresses on the packages,even your relatives deny knowledge of your existance;.

I think you have realized that smashers.com is pretty lame compared to this site,and you are bored there so you come here now.As a ups employee I feel a bit reluctant accepting you to our community.You obviously have some issues.You have to realize that most people that visit the browncafe are hard working individuals that hate when packages get damaged.We dont set out to break things.

govols019

You smell that?
Heck, the IRS sent some legal documents to a relative a year ago. UPS returned it to sender, saying that *I* refused it. I haven't lived at that address for close to a decade now

Please explain this one in greater detail. I don't see what UPS did wrong. Please also explain how UPS said YOU refused it.

blacknproud

United Package Smashers

Go someplace else then, if we are so frickin bad, fact is that United Parcel Service delivers more packages, than USPS, Fed Ex, DHL. Packages to get damaged but not on purpose, do you really think that?
Come on, your precious other carriers handle everything perfectly, give me a break....go somewhere else, or try to do our job....wait you wouldn't last one week.....:angry:

HazMatMan

Take a look at this- guaranteed claims for damages or lost packages when the UPS store packs your package for you?

Not sure why it took so long for that to happen, but should promote customer loyalty and increase revenues for the UPS store owners.

Someone should teach the people at the UPS store to pack the right way. Many times I get damages coming from a UPS store and when I open it, it is packed like crapola. Once opened a box and found a six pack of beer(damaged) inside with nothing but newspaper for cushioning.The kicker is, the newspaper wasn't even crumpled up, it was still flat like you buy it at the newsstand, HELLOOOO!!

dillweed

I think I remember you on the forums, actually. We're going to clean house in the forums pretty soon - there has been alot of crap over there that needs to be cleaned up. The spam problem is under control, now its time for some people to hit the road. The site was more or less neglected for the last couple of years. That has changed, I am redoubling my efforts on that site and several others..."

Thanks for the response and for not taking personal offense. I'll come over and check it out periodically. My purpose there, if it's OK with you, is to help newcomers better understand management methods. Given a friendly "heads up" good employees may stick around. Part of our problem is lack of good people staying. :dissapointed:

outamyway

It's sad but true! Get it in the trucks is the most importent thing I see in our bldg. Not safety, not treating pkgs like guest of honor ( remember that motto), Just get it in the trucks. A sorter shuts the belt off when the pace is too fast and he's 50ft down the belt, and IMMEDIATLY the p/t sup turns the belt back on, disparages the sorters, and the vicious cycle continues. Sorters and loaders end up with bad attitudes, pkgs are treated with disrespect.

We had a guy on our belt who used to shut the belt off, reverse it, then start it back up again. He said he did it because the splitters weren't splitting the belt right. Not sure how reversing the belt will solve the problem. This was a very unsupervised belt at the time.

Please explain this one in greater detail. I don't see what UPS did wrong. Please also explain how UPS said YOU refused it.

UPS wrote down that the shipment was refused by the recipients, they never tried to deliver it. Real simple, driver users little hand held computer thing, marks off refused, has a little laugh to himself at my expense. Its funny, after we informed the IRS of our problems with UPS, they sent everything via FedEx and that was the end of that issue.

Oh yeah, that great big story I have been talking about. I just released it. And UPS should be ashamed of themselves for the conduct that happened therein. Tell me how THAT one was the shipper's fault. Please, somebody try and tell me it was all Johns fault.

The UPS / Cargo Largo Connection

Last edited by a moderator:

govols019

You smell that?
You said the IRS sent the package to an address you haven't lived at for ten years. How is that UPS' fault?

On your "big" story, I think you have a too high of an opinion of yourself. What I want to see is the tracking information from the original 1Z number. You know, that thing you say "proves" that we had the intact label.

Phil800101

Um, yeah, in regards to your "big" story, why didn't that guy insure his package for what it was worth? I mean, if it was so valuable, why did he leave it up to the $100 minimum insurance? That's just stupid on his part.

from upsmashers own article:
On 09/18/04, the invoice arrived but the package had not. So on 09/20/04, John called UPS billing to get the tracking number of the package. They gave it to him, it was 65359321106. When John tracked it online, it showed as having been delivered to Richmond, VA and signed for by “JUNG OVERGOODS” on 09/09/04.

This isn't a UPS tracking number format I have ever seen before. Anyone else?

R

retired

LOL! This story is on the front page of that silly website. His latest self promotional scheme is to declare that he was banned from Brown Cafe as revenge for that over hyped "news" article he wrote. If that story was so offensive to UPSers that it got him banned from this site why wasn't the link to it deleted. If it is so powerfully offensive why has it been one of the news links on the front page of this site for the past couple of days?

He thinks he's really a bad ass. He poses such a huge threat to UPSers that he was banned from our site. Give me a break, all he wants is to create some controversy so more people will to go to his web site built solely to publicize UPS service failures.

Brown Cafe “Bans” United Package Smashers Webmaster

December 18, 2007 – 10:20 pm Revenge for publishing The UPS / Cargo Largo Connection was swift over at Brown Cafe, an Internet forum where alot of UPS employees congregate. Most of them like their jobs and insist that they’d never hurt a package. Additionally, most of them also dislike me, because I don’t like some of the things UPS does. In a thread started on the topic of this website more than a year before I joined the site by another user - who happens to be a UPS Employee who likes his job - I mentioned the fact that I was working on a major story that would be a big deal. I routinely patrol the internet to see what people are saying about this site so I can find leads on more stories. Several BrownCafe users doubted the legitimacy of my claim and said as much publicly, so when I published the story, I posted a link to it there.
After all, it was relevant to the thread and was not spam. United Package Smashers does not sell anything on this website except the truth and the price for that is free. Note that we are working to bring back the ever-popular UPS store with all-new products, so that will soon change. But if I was looking to spam my site (which I don’t need to do, I have already been written up in Forbes Magazine and Smart Money Magazine - the only things I have yet to conquer with this site are USA Today, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and CNN), as some of the Brown Cafe users claimed. Anyway, I digress.
Almost immediately, I started having trouble with my Brown Cafe forum account. When I access the site through a proxy server, it loads right away. And when I access it on my own PC after I have cleared my cookies and cache, it works great. Several friends who I asked to check it were able to get in just fine. But as soon as I login, the server loads very slowly, I get random server busy errors, redirected to the main page and other various performance issues. Now, Brown Cafe runs vBulletin, a software package that competes with Simple Machines Forum (which we use here) and one of the most popular “hacks” for vBulletin is a program called Miserable User. Basically, it lets the admin of a given forum harass and annoy specific end users for the sheer fun of it.
Its a shame people can’t take a more respectable approach to online debating a viewpoint and instead have to use their moderator or admin status to get rid of users whose viewpoints they don’t agree with in order to “win” the debate. Civilized debates is something we have all the time here at United Package Smashers. And for that matter, debating is something I like doing. I am good at it. One of my gifts is that of the poison pen - as this site attests. But I don’t ban people from our forum that I disagree with, I let them write their comments to posts on the front end and I even approve them in the moderation system. Then again, I suppose all this just might have something to do with the mentality that both UPS management and Browncafe have in common: if we don’t agree with it, it must be silenced.

Here's the questions I have:

Why didn't he have the return shipment insured for more than $100?
Where is the original 1Z tracking # from the return shipment?
How did he receive only the invoice?

Also, I worked in a good sized hub and I saw the overgoods cage and it was almost always a mountain of junk. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff where the shipper or receiver cannot be found. And I'm sure that lots of effort goes into getting this lost stuff to where it's supposed to go. The last thing UPS wants to do is be sitting on a ton of unclaimed property. It would also not look very good for UPS to auction, liquidate or destroy all this stuff either. So they do what just about every other large corporation does with unclaimed property and sells it off (for pennies on the dollar I'm sure - not profitable at all). Just my take...

I checked out the CargoLargo store on Ebay - good stuff!! I saw a cool pair of galvanized windshield frames going for about 50 bucks (haha!!).

Here's the questions I have:

Why didn't he have the return shipment insured for more than $100?
Where is the original 1Z tracking # from the return shipment?
How did he receive only the invoice?

Also, I worked in a good sized hub and I saw the overgoods cage and it was almost always a mountain of junk. I'm sure there is plenty of stuff where the shipper or receiver cannot be found. And I'm sure that lots of effort goes into getting this lost stuff to where it's supposed to go. The last thing UPS wants to do is be sitting on a ton of unclaimed property. It would also not look very good for UPS to auction, liquidate or destroy all this stuff either. So they do what just about every other large corporation does with unclaimed property and sells it off (for pennies on the dollar I'm sure - not profitable at all). Just my take...

I checked out the CargoLargo store on Ebay - good stuff!! I saw a cool pair of galvanized windshield frames going for about 50 bucks (haha!!).

Your right. It looks terrible for UPS to auction off a mountain of junk. Thats why they use Recovery Management Corp to do that for them.

Why should John (or anyone else) have to buy insurance to avoid having their shipments become the casualties of negligence? You can make the argument that Overgoods is overall effective, but some get through the cracks, etc. But to sit there and say that this package was handled correctly is just nutty. It clearly wasn't

I asked the UPS PR guy, Norman Black in an e-mail the following:

"Me to Norman Black @ UPS PR said:
Hi Norman,

Thanks again for your additional reply.

When you mentioned that "I know it's quite possible to have scans made
and then have labels get damaged and packages get lost.", in this case
it looks like the package got scanned at overgoods and then it might
have lost the label afterwards, that much I can understand. The question
I have is how does something get to overgoods with a label still
attached? Moreover, how would the item be scanned once it got to
overgoods? It seems that if the label was still there, then nothing
prevents the item from being delivered and its just a simple misrouting,
so they'd send it back and it would go out for delivery.
Or does UPS have a technology that allows them to continue to scan or
otherwise track a package once the label becomes damaged or detached
from the package and if so, wouldn't the existence of such a technology
have the ability to determine the sender or receiver to the point that
contact could be made with same to inquire about the package?

Also, in this specific case, keeping in mind the above, wouldn't you
agree that it looks like someone dropped the ball even in handling the
overgoods aspect of it, even after the package was misplaced? And in
such a situation, wouldn't it be possible as gesture of goodwill to the
customer to pay the full value of the loss even if additional insurance
was not purchased at the point of sale?

Additionally, what initiatives, if any, does UPS have in place to
protect labels that become damaged or detached? Has UPS considered
using, for instance, RFID tags to identify the sender of a package by
providing the sender with a label containing an embedded tag that would
be applied inside of the box that could identify the sender? How about a
two-part label that would allow the shipped to label the inside and
outside of the box?

Finally, is there anything that the shipper could have or should have
done to prevent this from happening?

Those are tough questions and he doesn't have an answer for them, or should I say the answer is not favorable to the UPS viewpoint therefore its better to say nothing at all. I already knew that when I sent it by the guy had been pretty responsive thus far so I had hoped he would be honest and say "Look, we made a mistake. It happens. We're sorry."

Instead, here is what came back instead:

Norman Black @ UPS PR to Me said:
keith,

perhaps we can engage on this later. we're in the middle of our busiest
week on our busiest day. sorry.

norman

Thats another way of saying no comment. I doubt that the public relations section of UPS is getting hammered that bad even though it is the holiday season. There have not been that many stories in the news about UPS and I know this because I watch the feeds constantly in real time and one of my watches is UPS and related. So he is not too busy to answer, he doesn't want to answer, which is unfortunate.

UPS still wont even admit that they made a mistake with regard to this one guy's package. They wont apologize, either. Part of an apology is admitting that a mistake was made in the first place. They don't even think there is a problem. And I am the one being dishonest, dirty and unfair? Please.

LOL! This story is on the front page of that silly website. His latest self promotional scheme is to declare that he was banned from Brown Cafe as revenge for that over hyped "news" article he wrote. If that story was so offensive to UPSers that it got him banned from this site why wasn't the link to it deleted. If it is so powerfully offensive why has it been one of the news links on the front page of this site for the past couple of days?

He thinks he's really a bad ass. He poses such a huge threat to UPSers that he was banned from our site. Give me a break, all he wants is to create some controversy so more people will to go to his web site built solely to publicize UPS service failures.

Brown Cafe “Bans” United Package Smashers Webmaster

(cut for length 10K char post length limit of vBulletin, removed duplication of content posted at URL above)

Funny, my account started working again right after I wrote that. I took plenty of screen shots of the miscellaneous errors. I do know a little something about the internet and when I was a child and moderated a VB forum I had great fun acting childish while randomly turning the Miserable User setting on and off for various despised users. Shall I post the screen shots or are you done calling me a liar now?

from upsmashers own article:
On 09/18/04, the invoice arrived but the package had not. So on 09/20/04, John called UPS billing to get the tracking number of the package. They gave it to him, it was 65359321106. When John tracked it online, it showed as having been delivered to Richmond, VA and signed for by “JUNG OVERGOODS” on 09/09/04.[/qoute]

This isn't a UPS tracking number format I have ever seen before. Anyone else?
Thanks for brining that to my attention. I think thats the pickup number. It looks like the proper format for one, yes? The tracking number is on the PDF file showing the SPOD. I'll correct that in a moment.

You said the IRS sent the package to an address you haven't lived at for ten years. How is that UPS' fault?

It was an overnight letter (of the "You won your appeal in tax court" garden variety), not a package. And it wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to a relative. The only thing that it had in common with me was the fact that a relative now lived there who had my same last name as well as the fact that I experienced an "issue" with UPS sometime in the past.

Its UPS's fault because they did not come out and deliver it and instead wrote refused by recipient on it as if they had attempted to deliver it and it was refused. Or maybe you feel thats a perfectly legitimate thing to do?

BTW, some of you will be pleased to know that DHL has issues as well. They were 6 days late on one of my ground packages this week. Supposedly, the package got separated from its label, it went to the DHL equivalent of overgoods and when my calls griping about it result in a tracer being issued on it, it was searched for, located, relabeled and put on another truck where it was then placed into the hands of my very happy and thankful customer. I know that labels come off. The glue on them is not the best. The difference is DHL actually bothered to look for it.