United Package Smashers

blacknproud

It was an overnight letter (of the "You won your appeal in tax court" garden variety), not a package. And it wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to a relative. The only thing that it had in common with me was the fact that a relative now lived there who had my same last name as well as the fact that I experienced an "issue" with UPS sometime in the past.

Its UPS's fault because they did not come out and deliver it and instead wrote refused by recipient on it as if they had attempted to deliver it and it was refused. Or maybe you feel thats a perfectly legitimate thing to do?

BTW, some of you will be pleased to know that DHL has issues as well. They were 6 days late on one of my ground packages this week. Supposedly, the package got separated from its label, it went to the DHL equivalent of overgoods and when my calls griping about it result in a tracer being issued on it, it was searched for, located, relabeled and put on another truck where it was then placed into the hands of my very happy and thankful customer. I know that labels come off. The glue on them is not the best. The difference is DHL actually bothered to look for it.

Get over it....use someone else then if we are so bad......get a life

Overpaid Union Thug

It was an overnight letter (of the "You won your appeal in tax court" garden variety), not a package. And it wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to a relative. The only thing that it had in common with me was the fact that a relative now lived there who had my same last name as well as the fact that I experienced an "issue" with UPS sometime in the past.

Its UPS's fault because they did not come out and deliver it and instead wrote refused by recipient on it as if they had attempted to deliver it and it was refused. Or maybe you feel thats a perfectly legitimate thing to do?

BTW, some of you will be pleased to know that DHL has issues as well. They were 6 days late on one of my ground packages this week. Supposedly, the package got separated from its label, it went to the DHL equivalent of overgoods and when my calls griping about it result in a tracer being issued on it, it was searched for, located, relabeled and put on another truck where it was then placed into the hands of my very happy and thankful customer. I know that labels come off. The glue on them is not the best. The difference is DHL actually bothered to look for it.

Shouldn't you be playing Warcraft, creating viruses, trying to hack someone's computer, or whatever else it is your kind does in your parent's basements? Get over it and get back to your life. Or get a life first.

Your right. It looks terrible for UPS to auction off a mountain of junk. Thats why they use Recovery Management Corp to do that for them.

Why should John (or anyone else) have to buy insurance to avoid having their shipments become the casualties of negligence? You can make the argument that Overgoods is overall effective, but some get through the cracks, etc. But to sit there and say that this package was handled correctly is just nutty. It clearly wasn't

I asked the UPS PR guy, Norman Black in an e-mail the following:

Those are tough questions and he doesn't have an answer for them, or should I say the answer is not favorable to the UPS viewpoint therefore its better to say nothing at all. I already knew that when I sent it by the guy had been pretty responsive thus far so I had hoped he would be honest and say "Look, we made a mistake. It happens. We're sorry."

Instead, here is what came back instead:

Thats another way of saying no comment. I doubt that the public relations section of UPS is getting hammered that bad even though it is the holiday season. There have not been that many stories in the news about UPS and I know this because I watch the feeds constantly in real time and one of my watches is UPS and related. So he is not too busy to answer, he doesn't want to answer, which is unfortunate.

UPS still wont even admit that they made a mistake with regard to this one guy's package. They wont apologize, either. Part of an apology is admitting that a mistake was made in the first place. They don't even think there is a problem. And I am the one being dishonest, dirty and unfair? Please.

Funny, my account started working again right after I wrote that. I took plenty of screen shots of the miscellaneous errors. I do know a little something about the internet and when I was a child and moderated a VB forum I had great fun acting childish while randomly turning the Miserable User setting on and off for various despised users. Shall I post the screen shots or are you done calling me a liar now?

from upsmashers own article:
Thanks for brining that to my attention. I think thats the pickup number. It looks like the proper format for one, yes? The tracking number is on the PDF file showing the SPOD. I'll correct that in a moment.
Well , thanks for verifying that you are able to manipulate the info that you post on you site, and that you plan on doing that again. For the record I have no idea what the proper format for a pickup record looks like.
Sounds to me that IF the number you posted ( the pick up number) was tracked that only proves that a pickup order was issued, and possibly that the pickup was done. This does NOT prove that we located the actual package in overgoods. I'm not saying that UPS did everything right in this case, but I'm not buying that they never even tried. I sure don't buy the claim that they conspired to defraud your friend. I don't see a plus side to UPS (as money hungry as they are) intentionally creating overgoods to be sold. That takes a stretch of the imagination that goes beyond my thinking.
You ask what UPS is doing to prevent this from happening in the future? I'm thinking that if shippers would read and follow the UPS shipping guide they wouldn't have many problems such as this. Many, many years ago all shippers were encouraged to include and additional adress label INSIDE the carton, just incase the one on the outside came off. Way back when I was a clerk I found very few packages without labels that had one on the inside. How is that UPS's fault? I see no reason for UPS to invest millions in RFID technology just because some shippers are morons. I also see no reason in hell that UPS should pay more than the insured amount to cover a shippers irresponsible packaging procedure.
During peek season UPS commonly divert people from their regular assignments to other areas that do get "blown away", the last two weeks we have had a member of our district office doing helper coordination. So your "doubt" about who or what department is getting "hammered" is pretty irrelevant.
I know that you do not like UPS and go to great extents to "prove" that UPS is the evil that inhabits the earth, but fella I gotta tell you just don't know 1/2 as much as you think you do.
And as far as UPS running a conspiracy against you because of your little website, I suggest you get counseling from a professional, this sounds a little like a mental problem.

Phil800101

I'll tell you what this guy is...I can't post it on here, but it rhymes with gashole. Seriously dude, grow up, move on, and find something else to do with your life. We don't need your crap polluting our site here, save it for your own. In the words of Biff Tannen: "Why don't you make like a tree...and get outta here."

I'll tell you what this guy is...I can't post it on here, but it rhymes with gashole. Seriously dude, grow up, move on, and find something else to do with your life. We don't need your crap polluting our site here, save it for your own. In the words of Biff Tannen: "Why don't you make like a tree...and get outta here."

Classic..... better yet... Do like the sheepherder and get the flock outta here.

satellitedriver

And it wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to a relative. The only thing that it had in common with me was the fact that a relative now lived there who had my same last name as well as the fact that I experienced an "issue" with UPS sometime in the past..
So, it was refused.
It seems your relatives are shunning you, also.( I wonder why?)
If you have not noticed, you and your website are being shunned by the members of this site.
Your issues are more internal than external.
PAX

[Halfway across the country, a freight train bound for Chicago derailed Friday, spilling several train cars loaded with UPS packages in Indiana.
Hundreds of UPS workers were sent to the site to load packages onto trailers and get them back on their way, company spokesman James Vickery said.
An engine and 10 cars derailed about 10 miles east of Gary, Norfolk Southern spokesman Rudy Husband said. No injuries were reported, but the derailment also blocked some Amtrak trains to and from Chicago.
Amtrak said it arranged for buses to bring passengers to Chicago or to Michigan City or Toledo, Ohio, to board other trains.
The freight train, which was traveling from Secaucus, N.J., was hauling 39 UPS containers. The UPS tracking system will allow customers to track their packages online and be notified whether their parcel was thrown off the train, Vickery said]

Now where is UnitedPackageSmashers when Ups doe`s something like this? We`ll probably get the blame for the derailment and no credit for the extra effort.

Big Babooba

[Halfway across the country, a freight train bound for Chicago derailed Friday, spilling several train cars loaded with UPS packages in Indiana.
Hundreds of UPS workers were sent to the site to load packages onto trailers and get them back on their way, company spokesman James Vickery said.
An engine and 10 cars derailed about 10 miles east of Gary, Norfolk Southern spokesman Rudy Husband said. No injuries were reported, but the derailment also blocked some Amtrak trains to and from Chicago.
Amtrak said it arranged for buses to bring passengers to Chicago or to Michigan City or Toledo, Ohio, to board other trains.
The freight train, which was traveling from Secaucus, N.J., was hauling 39 UPS containers. The UPS tracking system will allow customers to track their packages online and be notified whether their parcel was thrown off the train, Vickery said]

Now where is UnitedPackageSmashers when Ups doe`s something like this? We`ll probably get the blame for the derailment and no credit for the extra effort.
:biting:If the train goes off the track, do they get their money back?

So, it was refused.
It seems your relatives are shunning you, also.( I wonder why?)
If you have not noticed, you and your website are being shunned by the members of this site.
Your issues are more internal than external.
PAX

You don't seem to skilled in the area of reading comprehension. Delivery was not attempted. The driver marked it as refused without attempting delivery. The last time I checked, drivers did not have the authority to decide which packages their customers wanted and did not want before they got to the address in question and talked to the customer about it. Clearly, I am mistaken. My bad. :knockedout:

You know, I sensed that some of the folks here were not too fond of my site. Not sure why that is. LOL But people are entitled to their opinions of me and my website. The United Package Smashers website is not going anywhere. It will be online for some time to come. So really, I don't care about their opinions. I've already made up my mind on this issue.

satellitedriver

You don't seem to skilled in the area of reading comprehension. Delivery was not attempted. The driver marked it as refused without attempting delivery. The last time I checked, drivers did not have the authority to decide which packages their customers wanted and did not want before they got to the address in question and talked to the customer about it. Clearly, I am mistaken. My bad. :knockedout:

You know, I sensed that some of the folks here were not too fond of my site. Not sure why that is. LOL But people are entitled to their opinions of me and my website. The United Package Smashers website is not going anywhere. It will be online for some time to come. So really, I don't care about their opinions. I've already made up my mind on this issue.
Mi skil in reeding comprention has inpruved 50 percents, cents i took the Evelynn Woodhead Sped reeding course.
Ur relativ refuzed it and tolled u they nevr sawed da delivery guy.
i will ceep trying to impruve my reedin skils so i wil bee able to undertand wy u wood waste ur time on this garbage.
If you do not care about the opinions from the folks on this site, then why are you posting here?
I have to agree with this part of your post;
"The United Package Smashers website is not going anywhere."
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ms.PacMan

On 09/18/04, the invoice arrived but the package had not. So on 09/20/04, John called UPS billing to get the tracking number of the package. They gave it to him, it was 65359321106. When John tracked it online, it showed as having been delivered to Richmond, VA and signed for by “JUNG OVERGOODS” on 09/09/04.[/qoute]

This isn't a UPS tracking number format I have ever seen before. Anyone else?

No. DHL has 11 digit tracking numbers. FedEx has 14 digit and UPS 1Z+16 digits.

Thanks for brining that to my attention. I think thats the pickup number. It looks like the proper format for one, yes? The tracking number is on the PDF file showing the SPOD. I'll correct that in a moment.

Still waiting for the correction...

The 11 digit tracking number belongs to DHL and SPOD is an acronym that FedEx uses.

You will eventually learn what we all know already - everyone assumes every package is UPS.

I would suggest that you figure out the actual delivery company related to your stories before you post them to avoid being sued by UPS. It's your obligation and responsibility. Anything less is libel.

alister

No, this is a cover story that ups supplied to news companies. ups will be selling it all off on ebay in the next few days. ups will be denying all claims as they say it was an act of god and that all of the ebay proceeds will be the only profit ups will make this quarter. those with ups stock better hope on a good auction on ebay.

Here is an Google map that proves there never was a derailment.

http://maps.google.com/maps?friend=...87.570434&spn=0.001391,0.002511&t=h&z=19&om=1

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Interesting stories, *not*

I deal with meatheads like yourself all day long. Yes, I work at a UPS customer counter, union shop, full-time. We deal with all-knowing, manipulative, lying scumbags every day. People that lie about tracking information, try to pick up stuff that isn't theirs, lie about drivers not leaving notices or attemps....etc etc Guess what? Maybe the shipper requested a RTS on the package and the driver recieved the msg in his diad and "held pkg" in the system? Or perhaps there was a Bad Pal label and he went to the wrong address ( since you deliver by the pal and not the UPS shipping label) and put iti n as curefused when he saw/concerned there were tax documents enclosed? Maybe whoever shipped it didn't properly fill out the label and there was missing info? Whatever the case may be, get over it, quit pointing fingers and accept the fact that what happened happened and try to find ways to avoid in the future rather than sit here and complain to people who don't care as much as you do.

upsgrunt

Or maybe the driver hit the number 2 on the diad which is "refused" when he meant to hit number 3 which is "moved". There could be a dozen explanations to what happened, but the bottom line is that you did not live at that address. What do you think should happen in your "perfect world"? How about UPS shoots the delivery driver, refunds your money plus $1000, and sends you an handwritten apology from the CEO? You still wouldn't be happy.

alister

My bad. On this thread it`s hard to tell.

yea.... i thought about that after i posted the wiki page. Next time i will make a note of the sarcasm when i post to a "yellow bus" thread to make sure i don't snare any more innocent posters.

I wonder if my last post will be smashers next big story on his web page. BTW smasher, i want royalties if you use my work on your site.