United Package Smashers

brownrodster

Its UPS's fault because they did not come out and deliver it and instead wrote refused by recipient on it as if they had attempted to deliver it and it was refused. Or maybe you feel thats a perfectly legitimate thing to do?

Ever consider that your 'relative' or someone at that house said to the UPS guy that 'he doesn't live here"

Ever consider that your 'relative' or someone at that house said to the UPS guy that 'he doesn't live here"

Again, letter was not for me, it was for the person that lives there - by herself. I doubt she would have said it was for someone else then call me two weeks later telling me (for an hour) how much "the brown boys" pissed her off with the little stunt.

On another topic, why don't you all take a look at T/N: 1Z497R5V0325498773.

Thats my Casual Male order. I've been waiting on it for about two weeks. If it arrived at the destination hub at 11 PM on Friday night, why cant it go out for delivery today (Monday the 31st)? UPS does deliver on New Years Eve-Day, do they not? Why is it waiting until the 2nd to head out? Are they just trying to make me wait as long as possible? Thats means that its getting delivered six calender days after it came to the hub. Give me a break?

Maybe they have already lost it and they are just trying to delay the inevitable. I am gonna be pissed off if they did, too. Thats a closeout item and I got the last one.

tups

Thats my Casual Male order. I've been waiting on it for about two weeks. If it arrived at the destination hub at 11 PM on Friday night, why cant it go out for delivery today (Monday the 31st)? UPS does deliver on New Years Eve-Day, do they not? Why is it waiting until the 2nd to head out? Are they just trying to make me wait as long as possible? Thats means that its getting delivered six calender days after it came to the hub. Give me a break?

Maybe they have already lost it and they are just trying to delay the inevitable. I am gonna be pissed off if they did, too. Thats a closeout item and I got the last one.

Casual Male? As in BIG and tall clothes for men? So maybe you coulda got off your fat butt and went to the store instead of sitting at your computer all day long trying and failing to find new ways to fault UPS. Try looking at actually going to the store as exercise, and maybe you might not need casual male.

Come on......you are such a UPS "expert" that even you should know that the 31st is a UPS holiday, and does not deliver anything but air pieces on New Year's Day. Now we all should really see how much of an idiot this guy is.

supercool

Again, letter was not for me, it was for the person that lives there - by herself. I doubt she would have said it was for someone else then call me two weeks later telling me (for an hour) how much "the brown boys" pissed her off with the little stunt.

The package was shipped 12/27. That isn't UPS's fault, that's the shipper's fault. UPS can't help shippers get their products packed faster. Second, they can't deliver it on 12/31 because it's a ground package. Days like Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, day after Thanksgiving are reserved exclusively for NDA and 2DA packages. 1/2 is the first regular service day, which is when it will be delivered. Had you paid for 2DA it would be delivered on 12/31. As it stands, though, you're SOL.

brownrodster

Well, the package was picked up on the 27th. Maybe the company you ordered it from could have packaged it faster and gotten it to UPS quicker.
And today is a UPS holiday. Because we work through so many crappy little holodays we get today off. Except there are a few dudes working today to deliver nex day airs.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Wow, wow wow. Not too bright! UPS Holidays are 12/31, 1/1. If you won't spend the $$ for shipping, then no matter WHAT carrier, you aren't going to get it on Holidays. This guy/girl is a complete fool!

So UPS is closed on the eve and the actual holiday? That I did not know. Even the post office delivered today, they are usually the ones trying to get more holidays off than they should.

So UPS is closed on the eve and the actual holiday? That I did not know. Even the post office delivered today, they are usually the ones trying to get more holidays off than they should.

We have to take the day off. We`re tired from having to sort the packages into the packages we`re not going to deliver on purpose,packages we`re going to steal from,and packages we don`t want so we`re going to mark them as refused and sell them ,piles.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have to take the day off. We`re tired from having to sort the packages into the packages we`re not going to deliver on purpose,packages we`re going to steal from,and packages we don`t want so we`re going to mark them as refused and sell them ,piles.
don't forget the pile of packages marked "fragile" -you know "the fun pile".:taz::taz::taz:

sx2700

Banned
Everybody be careful when visiting United Package Smashers website. It is full of adware, spyware, malware, and viruses. I spent 3 days cleaning up my computer after visiting that crappy site. If you are curious and must go there then be sure all your anti-virus and spyware software are up to the challenge. There were a couple clever ones on there that my software didn't catch. I had to go into the registry and manually delete them (scary stuff messing with registry). Anyway, be careful and good luck.

tieguy

Banned

they all delivered if you're willing to pay air charges. Your shipper should have been able to tell you that when you ordered your large apparel.

keith lestrange

hey everyone
i would have to agree with southern grits..yes there some awfull pics but when ups is sooo high profile its easy to have a go at us..its not easy being this good !!!:happy-very:

worldwide

"On another topic, why don't you all take a look at T/N: 1Z497R5V0325498773."

The package was delivered on-time, on the scheduled day of delivery.

BTW, if the package would have been shipped via DHL, it would have been scheduled for delivery on the same date. If shipped by the USPS? Who knows? They don't guarantee the day of delivery for their ground services.

Fedex Home Delivery? They don't work on Mondays. Standard days of operation for FedEx Home Delivery are Tuesday through Saturday. Holidays that occur on a Monday are observed by FedEx Home Delivery on the following day.

"So UPS is closed on the eve and the actual holiday? That I did not know."

It may help in the future if you do a little research before posting. All the information you need is readily available online: http://pressroom.ups.com/holiday/calendar

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
You don't seem to skilled in the area of reading comprehension. Delivery was not attempted. The driver marked it as refused without attempting delivery....
This is a he-said she-said sort of story. I see many possibilities - such as a misaddressed envelope, which was refused by a person at that wrong address, or a mis-key by the driver (who may have meant to use a different code). It may be that the same driver is on that loop nearly a decade after you moved, and that driver remembers the name from long ago, and that driver holds a grudge - yeah, it's possible but seems far-fetched.

Another detail (that I negelected to quote) brings up another question: Can a UPS driver on this forum tell us how much identifying information gets keyed in on a not-delivered package? When I sign for packages, all they get is my last name. If I refuse a package, is the driver supposed to enter my full name?

...So really, I don't care about their opinions. I've already made up my mind on this issue.
Yes, you have. I can see that a mistake was made or something intentional was done to you or you have imagined things that did not happen, but I have not seen enough information to come to a conclusion or place blame. It appears you came to a conclusion that you are persecuted, and you are sticking with it.

...BTW, some of you will be pleased to know that DHL has issues as well.
You have issues with DHL, too? What do all your issues have in common?
They were 6 days late on one of my ground packages this week. ...it went to the DHL equivalent of overgoods... The difference is DHL actually bothered to look for it.
The process you describe sounds much like what I have seen happen with UPS Overgoods (back when I was a UPS employee). I have not seen how you determined that nobody at UPS bothered to look. It appears that you made up your mind before...oh, we covered that already.

The document with the tracking number and JUNG OVERGOODS does not tell us much about the package. If I could travel back in time, I'd track in detail, to follow the path of the package. (I often discover that a package was not shipped when the shipper said, or I find an address correction due to a typo by the shipper...or me. Detailed tracking could come in handy for showing mistakes made by UPS, too. There is lots of fodder for second-guessing....)

FISHY: The alleged tracking number for the windshield frames does not fit UPS DI standards. This looks like it might be the type of number on the OLD, now-obsolete type of tracking label that was separate from the address label - for shipping from a carbon-copy book. That type of tracking number does not have to be associated with an address to be shipped, and the address information is to be written on a carbon copy page of a book by the shipper...but I thought those stopped being valid many years ago. I remember finding packages that had no address label, but had one of those tracking number labels, and research would dead-end when we found that there was no paperwork to give us an address for those packages. Often, we could identify the shipper and return the package. The last things I saw that used that type of number were for UPS internal use only, such as shipping bulk packing materials or unidentifiable overgoods.... Or it might be a FedEx tracking number. I think "SPOD" is a FedEx term, isn't it?

A little bit fishy: The tracking number was provided by billing, not the shipper?

ULTRA fishy: The claim form lists 7 tracking numbers...for one parcel containing two items? I think the galvanizing shop messed up - big time.

UPS takes one day of Holiday that is unique: New Year's Eve, December 31st. The other Holidays observed by UPS in the USA are the same Holidays observed by DHL and FedEx. The USPS adds MLK, Jr. (in January), President's (in February), Columbus (in October) and Veteran's (in November) Days as observed Holidays.
Not only were we closed, we all got paid big bucks for both days. Happy New Year!
Made possible by the huge quantities of money to be made from freshly-galvanized Land Rover windshield frames!

Moderators: If you are persecuting Keith with Miserable User (since he did post a link), please stop it. He does a perfectly good job of making himself miserable, and I would like him to have easy access to the [-]stinging criticism[/-] friendship he can find here.

over9five

Staff member
"If you are persecuting Keith with Miserable User..."

They do that to me, too. I always wonder why BrownCafe is only slow for me!