United Parcel Service (UPS) Smacked with a Downgrade to 'Underweight'

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Jan 30, 2009.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

United Parcel Service (UPS) Smacked with a Downgrade to 'Underweight' - Schaeffers Research

The shares of United Parcel Service could be headed lower this morning after they were slashed from "equal-weight" to "underweight" at Morgan Stanley. The brokerage firm stated that the stock is one of the most expensive it covers. "We've noted that UPS estimates are too high for some time, but even we are surprised by the lack of earnings revisions heading into fourth-quarter results given deteriorating macro trends and poor FedEx guidance. We believe the market is overestimating the benefit from DHL's exit and UPS cost initiatives," the broker said.
  2. chev

chev Nightcrawler

:sad-little: This is bad news.....
    I've been wondering when this was going to hit the fan.:dissapointed:
  3. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

Although I'm not a big fan of UPS stock, I would like to point out that the analysts and so called "experts" haven't been right about UPS stock yet.

Every time they upgrade the stock, it drops in price. Now that it has been downgraded, hopefully that trend will continue but in the opposite direction.
  4. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

I'm just glad that we still have 4 1/2 years left on our current labor agreement. I would hate to be negotiating a new contract right now. And I'm glad that I never bought any UPS stock. Perhaps now is the time to do so.
  5. browndevil

browndevil Active Member

Yes and at a 10% discount
  6. plankton

plankton New Member

you mean 5%