United way 13- I was signed up for $10 a week without my authorization..

RoBo

UPS robot no more
I'm scratching my head on this one since a few months ago I went online at upsers website to enter a zero contribution for the '13 year as opposed to the $10 per week I opted to contribute last year.

I wanted to avoid the shakedown feeling that I got from my last year tyrant manager whom by the way was just fired a few weeks before Christmas on other unethical findings. Worst manager in my 23 years.

Yesterday morning I questioned management and asked if it was possibly a continuation of last years contribution. They said no, it is all new for this year. I asked them to contact payroll and have it stopped asap. In the 5 minutes I had to ask around before start time, I found 2 other drivers that found their contributions to be other than what they wanted.

Supporting a corporations 'public image' when they hate their own people is something I will no longer do. For the naysayers who will bring up the point that it's the poor that suffer I'll tell you this. My wife is a psychotherapist and gives deeply discounted rates to those in need. Since I do her medical billing we are both giving to the community far greater than united way could with a few dollars.

This way I can give an albeit small slap in the face to UPS for their current unethical treatment of its own people.

So, I'm just letting others know this looks like another corporate unethical action we need to watch out for..

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I had a UPS United Way spokesman actually tout his method of having a center manager sign off for a driver who wouldn't donate during his presentation to our part time shift when I first started here. I'll never give them a dime.

Every time they take money out of your paycheck without your permission, you need to file and Article 37. Continue this until the put a stop to it. They are stealing from you. There are few things more disrespectful than taking something that does not belong to you.

stink219

I had a UPS United Way spokesman actually tout his method of having a center manager sign off for a driver who wouldn't donate during his presentation to our part time shift when I first started here. I'll never give them a dime.
That is highly illegal.

BrownSuit

What was the response from Payroll when they were contacted? We are hearing understandable frustration over problems and errors, but how has the company replied at this point to rectify the situation?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
10 bucks a week is $43.33 a month. If you took that money and invested it over the course of 30 years with and average return rate of 10% per year, you'd have $98,763 in 30 years. Just a thought.

pretzel_man

since it was the first check of the new year and said 'united way 13' i was pretty certain of the theft by ups.

Who do you think stole? Unless the system was programmed to automatically change your choices, someone would have had to go in under your login and change what you did....

If that happened it should be an offense worthy of termination. Did you call the ethics hotline?

Everyone here has accepted this situation as being an illegal and unethical act instead of having a reasonable explanation. Isn't it worth getting the facts first?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Who do you think stole? Unless the system was programmed to automatically change your choices, someone would have had to go in under your login and change what you did....

If that happened it should be an offense worthy of termination. Did you call the ethics hotline?

Everyone here has accepted this situation as being an illegal and unethical act instead of having a reasonable explanation. Isn't it worth getting the facts first?

That's all we ever have here p-man.
Anonymous posters telling stories we either believe or not on an internet forum.
How do you propose we "get the facts" in this instance?