United Way Donations

Trevor15594

So yesturday I was kinda guilted into donating a fraction of my paycheck to United Way. I don't mind donating but id rather donated 1 or 2 dollars a pay check and not what my fulltime wanted me to put. I remeber him saying that I can change it so im curious to where can I change the ammount that I donate out of my paycheck each week?

aiian

LOL, good luck getting it changed.

Next year don't let them bully you into "donating" anything you don't want to.

On a related note I'm still trying to figure out how to stop my DRIVE contributions.

PT Car Washer

LOL, good luck getting it changed.

Next year don't let them bully you into "donating" anything you don't want to.

On a related note I'm still trying to figure out how to stop my DRIVE contributions.
Let me know about how to stop the DRIVE donations. Glad it is only a $1.00 a week for the last 20 years or so.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
haven't been bullied for decades .
JUST SAY NO.
When I give a donation , it goes directly to the cause and not to some clearing house for their selected charities .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Wife and I have a particular charity that we donate to. I never liked being told what to do with my money at work. Management wants to be able to point at that thermometer visual aid on the wall and say "We were 100%!" They can be very persistent if you choose not to give to United Way. Sometimes if you don't give as much as they want, they ask you again to give your "fair share." One year I must have got called into the office 3 times because I declined. If they spent as much time on employee relations as they did on United Way, this would be a better place to work.

aiian

There has to be some sort of kick back on their end.

Even my green behind the ears on road was demanding I give something this year.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
It was my understanding that (at least many moons ago) if your department didn't make the projected amount, management has to increase their donations to make the numbers look good.

BrownBrokeDown

It was my understanding that (at least many moons ago) if your department didn't make the projected amount, management has to increase their donations to make the numbers look good.
Doesn't suprise me a bit. Last year or year before, cant remember which, i finally gave in about the 4th time when they said "we" only needed $5 more per week for the shift. So it would make sense.

I have said no once this year so far. Waiting to see how many times I get approached this time. Won't be donating anything, especially after not getting the promised parking space.

You know if the total donations have any sort of bearing on managements jobs, for example reviews/mandatory donations to make up the shortage/etc, I am pretty sure they could go to the labor board. A company cannot make you donate anything and if there is any sort of retaliation it would make it seem mandatory. If they only had some :beach_ball::soccerman:

BigBeef42

Last year my supe came up to me asking if i would donate...

he had the FORM already filled out for me .... WTF... he then said - all u have to do is now is write down how much u want to contribute and add a signature.

Theirs gotta be something illegal about that. I always donated $1 a week but this year opted out...

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I do 5 a week but give to a charity I want instead of the United Way. I love how they say "Oh you get a tshirt!" Yeah well that tshirt cost me 260 bucks...

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So yesturday I was kinda guilted into donating a fraction of my paycheck to United Way. I don't mind donating but id rather donated 1 or 2 dollars a pay check and not what my fulltime wanted me to put. I remeber him saying that I can change it so im curious to where can I change the ammount that I donate out of my paycheck each week?
Tell them no! They will hound you...just say you can't afford it. Screw them.

H
20140904_175902.jpg