United Way Donations

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So yesturday I was kinda guilted into donating a fraction of my paycheck to United Way. I don't mind donating but id rather donated 1 or 2 dollars a pay check and not what my fulltime wanted me to put. I remeber him saying that I can change it so im curious to where can I change the ammount that I donate out of my paycheck each week?
Grow a set and tell them no.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can't afford not to help those less fortunate.
BS. When they start trying to help themselves then come talk to me.
As long as they are sitting on their porch drinking 40's all day while I bust my ass ill keep my money.

Very few people are actually less fortunate. I hate that saying. You create your own fortune.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
LOL, good luck getting it changed.

Next year don't let them bully you into "donating" anything you don't want to.

On a related note I'm still trying to figure out how to stop my DRIVE contributions.

I tried. I think ill find Hoffa before i get it done.

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I give mine to the local autism center. 3 drivers have kids going there. I dont know what causes autism, I dont . But I wish I could help those poor drivers who never bitch about it, this is the only way I can. Really whats a few bucks with all we work.?. Yes its better to give it yourself, privately donate, but I am not that disciplined.

ArcherUTR

As long as they are sitting on their porch drinking 40's all day while I bust my ass ill keep my money.

Very few people are actually less fortunate. I hate that saying. You create your own fortune.

Pretty :censored2:ty post saying that there are very few people that are less fortunate than you, very obtuse. Most of us on this message board forum are men of the streets. We live and breathe the reality of the people we drive past, step over, and the people to whom we deliver, we are fortunate and I hope compassionate.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I don't know about the rest of you but not one person in our center who donates even got so much as a mass-printed card but yet they will guilt you and harass you until you donate. At least send me a note telling me what my contribution did to help.

ArcherUTR

I think I donate $2.75/wk...I would more like to be around a $1.50. But I think they may have already filled out the card for me.

Thebrownstreak

I'm no longer with the company after having a back injury. I stopped giving about 5 years before I left. Every year the same story...center manager would bring me into office and complain that i didn't give...every year i said no thank you. Sure enough, our BA tried to convince me because he was on the board of the UW. I AGAIN SAID NO. Fast forward to after my injury. We had a minor land subsidence that want covered by our insurance...went to the UW after being directed to do so by a local state rep who said they had a program that helps with cases such as mine.....you can all guess what happened...."i made to much money in the past year to qualify". friend the UW

browntroll

had a rookie sup ask me yesterday if i would give anything, i started hassling him about how much he gives and he says $10/week.
im hoping he asks me everyday for the next few weeks so i can mess with him some more. i will probably give a dollar a week if
he gets me on a good day, i feel like writing on the paper i will give $5/week if i get to throw a box at UW ceo.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

100% of my donation goes to our local Hospice, which helps those who are nearing the end of their lives.

Our center's goal was $13K-----I donated roughly 7% of that total.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I give mine to the local autism center. 3 drivers have kids going there. I dont know what causes autism, I dont . But I wish I could help those poor drivers who never bitch about it, this is the only way I can. Really whats a few bucks with all we work.?. Yes its better to give it yourself, privately donate, but I am not that disciplined.

I prefer donating through payroll deduction as it allows me to give more than I could with a single check. UPS covers the admin costs with their 15% match.

Packmule

I never check anything but a one time donation.

Side note. In our bld we had a UW rep talk about things like school backpack programs that send food home on the weekend. Sounds good till someone you know who works with those kids tells you those kids are often left hungry anyway as deadbeat parents and older siblings take the food.
So much of what we try to do to help ends up only enabling bad behaviors.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
$0

I decide where I will donate money, and it's to causes that I care about. The UW getting people off heroin is NOT what my hard earned money will be used for. I'll help you stop using heroin.....I'll give you $50 to buy an extra hit of it and hope you OD. Corpses don't use drugs

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then please explain to me how it's any of his business whether I gave or not.

Make sure you stretch before patting yourself on the back like that. We wouldn't want you to get hurt.

It's not your DM's business. They just need to keep trying to squeeze $ out of you. I would say OK DM, here's my contribution. A One time donation of $.01 You're welcome!