United Way Harassment

Wilson

I understand that you were calling me lazy. My point is that I know I'm lazy, and that is the path I have chosen. I could also choose to not be lazy. That's the great part about life: you make your own choices.

The Paradox of Choice.

The illusion of Choice.

People can only make choices based on those choice that are available. What is made available can be manipulated and repressed by those that want to control the choices made by others.

Cowboy Mac

Whatever man, you can go on believing your negative little rationalizations about why the world is so bad, "Wah, people are repressing me. I have no control over my choices", or whatever bull:censored2: stories you tell yourself about why your life sucks.

I'll go on living in my paradigm where I forge my own way in life.

Wilson

Whatever man, you can go on believing your negative little rationalizations about why the world is so bad, "Wah, people are repressing me. I have no control over my choices", or whatever bull:censored2: stories you tell yourself about why your life sucks.

I'll go on living in my paradigm where I forge my own way in life.

I never express any "little rationalization about why the world is so bad," Don't put words in my mouth.

Pay attention to the vid especially the end.

onewithedd

The United Way office is on my route I wrote a check to them for $125 and said its 100 from me and up'd UPS's 15% match to my own 25% match. She laughed and said "thank you very much" which is more appreciation than I get from UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The United Way office is on my route I wrote a check to them for $125 and said its 100 from me and up'd UPS's 15% match to my own 25% match. She laughed and said "thank you very much" which is more appreciation than I get from UPS.
I hope you don't vote Democrat because if you do you are a hypocrite.

Cowboy Mac

The political sparring would probably be best brought to the politics section. You're derailing our management bashing.

Sorry guys. On a brighter note, I was approached about the United Way today by my full time sup. I couldn't believe he had donation sheets for each of the irreg drivers with our names printed and everything.

I just tried to drag it out as long as possible because last year my sup grilled me about it. So I was adamant that I wanted to donate nothing until the very end. I decided to throw him a bone of a one time donation if $1 since I've been filing so many grievances lately.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had young lady with a short skirt and legs that were about 5 feet long pitch in our center. She ( and my center manager)REALLY didnt like my question of how much of donations paid the president of UWAY salary

...perhaps because your question was inappropriate given the fact that she was a guest in your center....a real man would have pulled them aside and addressed your concerns privately....your only intent was to embarrass them....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We had young lady with a short skirt and legs that were about 5 feet long pitch in our center. She ( and my center manager)REALLY didnt like my question of how much of donations paid the president of UWAY salary
That is pretty "ballsy"

for me personally to have posed that valid questioning of "big charity", would have been in front of like 150 people. With the sales pitch from a retired "former driver" who had "32 years", a southern accent ....hmm, in Boston? lol I'm assuming it was someone retired from regional management, maybe re-hired for motivational PR propaganda "rah rah x billion in UW last year, GO UPSERS"

Embarrassing, just like last year's effort (or lack thereof) which I have brought up.

cmoll

...perhaps because your question was inappropriate given the fact that she was a guest in your center....a real man would have pulled them aside and addressed your concerns privately....your only intent was to embarrass them....

You did the right thing. These people need to be shamed publicly. Don't listen to this :censored2:. A real man stands up for what he believes in. Maybe this real proud grandfather won't teach his grandkids to be little :censored2:s.

cmoll

Just give a buck a week. Then look at the ways you waste 10 times that much each day.

Do you know how far a $1 a week can go at your local food bank? Or maybe drop off a couple boxes of diapers or a bag of dog food. If we all keep giving to the United way you keep paying these bloated salaries. Do something LOCAL.

Dub Brown Eye

We get bullied into it here as well. They ask 5 times a day for about 2 weeks. Gotta be some incentive for the management to push it so hard. I got told they were gonna cut a clerk (im the bottom one) if I cant help them out. I just said.. oh ok. Thanks anyway. I been here 20yrs and the UW harassment never stops. I give to our yearly xmas fund for needy families in our area, buy something from every coworkers kids fundraising (pizzas,cookies,spirit cards,etc) and help anyone who asks me all the time. I bring in food for the sorts, sometimes cases of water, just to be nice. I don't have a problem giving or helping out. But I don't need someone pressuring me into giving away the money I work for. I'd waste $1 a day on hiring someone to clean the toilets around here. But the UW... no. I gave to them for 15yrs before I looked at the facts. They find a way to keep taking little things away, but this is one thing they cant force on us. No matter how hard they try. I'll use mine to pay for a turkey, or better yet...my new contract deductible with teamcare. Seeing how that's gonna cost me $400 in the near future. Ya know.. the best contract offer we ever got. ROFLMAO!

Last edited: