United Way Intimidation

BrownDead

Wow...I have been with ups a long time, now even the donations to United Way have become a source of intimidation for managers and supervisors. I overheard a manager tell a driver his donation was lacking compared to the previous year. The manager belittled him in front of others. Part timers are complaining also. This year is my last to give through UPS. They are tyrants in every aspect. Give and keep giving brothers and sisters...but please dont let UPS harass you or make you feel guilty in your choice. Is United Way goals on the balance scorecard?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wow...I have been with ups a long time, now even the donations to United Way have become a source of intimidation for managers and supervisors. I overheard a manager tell a driver his donation was lacking compared to the previous year. The manager belittled him in front of others. Part timers are complaining also. This year is my last to give through UPS. They are tyrants in every aspect. Give and keep giving brothers and sisters...but please dont let UPS harass you or make you feel guilty in your choice. Is United Way goals on the balance scorecard?

Shame on you. The poor starving children on the streets, and you just kick them in the stomach and laugh, while you get back at the boss by denying UW donations at the center.

Nimnim

The Nim
BrownDead didn't say they weren't giving anymore, they simply said this will be their last year giving through UPS. Might want to read things a little more carefully before you try a guilt trip.

Personally though, I can't afford to give regularly so I don't give through UPS anymore either, I make donations when I have the spare money though, and I haven't seen the whole intimidation thing at my hub. At least on my shift the guy who goes around for this stuff is too nice to even look intimidating.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
BrownDead didn't say they weren't giving anymore, they simply said this will be their last year giving through UPS. Might want to read things a little more carefully before you try a guilt trip.

Personally though, I can't afford to give regularly so I don't give through UPS anymore either, I make donations when I have the spare money though, and I haven't seen the whole intimidation thing at my hub. At least on my shift the guy who goes around for this stuff is too nice to even look intimidating.

I suggest reading the other UW strong-arm thread before jumping to conclusions.

Nimnim

The Nim
I read most of it, but unless I'm missing something BrownDead didn't post there so it's kinda irrelevant what was said there unless BrownDead read that thread and decided to make a new one instead of replying to that one.

Fair enough though, I shall reserve all commentary until I read all related threads on any topic so as to not jump to conclusions.

P

pickup

Shame on you. The poor starving children on the streets, and you just kick them in the stomach and laugh, while you get back at the boss by denying UW donations at the center.

[video=youtube;Qh2sWSVRrmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

tieguy

Banned

:winks:Giving should be about giving and helping your community not about your like or dislike for your boss.

tieguy

Banned
Sometimes you can still give and piss your boss off at the same time.

Thats usually the only defense management haters have to feed me. They expect me to believe they religiously remember to drive down to that charity and give every month. My tie ain't that tight. I know there are a few people that are that disciplined but not many. It all sounds good though.

P

pickup

Thats usually the only defense management haters have to feed me. They expect me to believe they religiously remember to drive down to that charity and give every month. My tie ain't that tight. I know there are a few people that are that disciplined but not many. It all sounds good though.

The government agrees with you on this entirely, they don't wait until april 15 for you to cough up your money voluntarily . They get it through payroll deduction as well.

Might I suggest to those who complain about the money being taken out of their taxes being too high, be glad because you are giving until it hurts.

P

pickup

The government agrees with you on this entirely, they don't wait until april 15 for you to cough up your money . They get it through payroll deduction as well.

Might I suggest to those who complain about the money being taken out of their taxes being too high, be glad because you are giving until it hurts.

wannabeups

Ummmm, as far as remembering and driving down to the charity. That doesn't work (especially with my forgetful mind). That is what bill pay online (where money can come directly from your account) is for.

TmsterHardliner

I choose to give to my own charities. We had our drive recently and they badgered and complained and wouldn't stop. A bunch of us filed over-supervision and harassment grievances. They shut up after that.

They have a right to ask you to donate, not intimidate or coerce you.