United Way Intimidation

tieguy

Banned
Yes, my charity has plenty of funding and greatly impacts the local community in which they operate. They do not receive any United Way support, and I don't see where you made that connection. They do not need "massive funding", because there isn't a massive corrupt administrative organization with bloated salaries (and a limo & fine dining slush fund like UW) to pay for. It's people helping people directly, with faith and a high moral standard guiding their way (sorry if that's a foreign concept).

here is your post again. anytime you're ready to produce.

tieguy

Banned
Surprisingly, my charities do quite well both in donations and serving the local community. They don't have any advertising or solicitation at all, and certainly none at UPS.
It seems like every charity except one seems to exist without forced donations from UPSers.

this is my favorite post of yours. Care to produce or slink away in the shadows caught in a lie?

tieguy

Banned
Crickets-chirping.JPG

bham brown

then you won't mind sharing the name of this miracle organization that is so well funded without any fund raising support?
Tie, maybe he wants to give HIS money to who ever he wants. When you give through UPS, although admirable, you are helping pay salaries at UW as well. When you give to most non profit local charities 100% of your money actually goes to help people. I find it amazing how every member of management is so enthralled with UW. I am not saying UW is a bad organization but UPS is pushing a little too hard. When I was presented with my UW donation card my sup also presented me with a piece of paper with an amount written on it that he wanted me to give..Charity donation is something that should come from the heart, not something you feel pressured to give because you have management breathing down your throat.

tieguy

Banned
Tie, maybe he wants to give HIS money to who ever he wants. When you give through UPS, although admirable, you are helping pay salaries at UW as well. When you give to most non profit local charities 100% of your money actually goes to help people. I find it amazing how every member of management is so enthralled with UW. I am not saying UW is a bad organization but UPS is pushing a little too hard. When I was presented with my UW donation card my sup also presented me with a piece of paper with an amount written on it that he wanted me to give..Charity donation is something that should come from the heart, not something you feel pressured to give because you have management breathing down your throat.

I'm not arguing that point . you guys really should try reading what I say.

crowbar claims his charity raises a lot of money without the help of any professional fund raising organization like united way and without doing any advertising or fund raising of its own. I'm excited to hear who this miracle organization is.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

Don't kid yourself. Almost all charities have people on the payroll and they ALL have some overhead expense. Many charities use commission paid "sales people" to solicit funds. Non-profit just means they spend all the money and retain no profit at the end of the year. Paid employees are expenses. They profit from donations.

just interested

Tie - it's not just about how much funding comes in, but what you do with that funding. I support Food For The Poor, because they have an impressive 96% going directly to the poor. Less than 4% overhead
http://foodforthepoor.org/

Here is an interesting article about United Way and how it operates. It is a "franchise-like" atmosphere. I personally choose not to support United Way because there are too many instances of them supporting abortion funding and contraception practices indirectly (sometimes also blatantly). Also, a quick bit of research showed the lowest overhead I could find was 11% in some New York area, 12% in a Minnesota area, but I was surprised to find that upwards to 30% overhead is an accepted number! I think it's a crime to create that much unnecessary overhead.

http://www.all.org/article.php?id=10106

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Tie - it's not just about how much funding comes in, but what you do with that funding. I support Food For The Poor, because they have an impressive 96% going directly to the poor. Less than 4% overhead
http://foodforthepoor.org/

Here is an interesting article about United Way and how it operates. It is a "franchise-like" atmosphere. I personally choose not to support United Way because there are too many instances of them supporting abortion funding and contraception practices indirectly (sometimes also blatantly). Also, a quick bit of research showed the lowest overhead I could find was 11% in some New York area, 12% in a Minnesota area, but I was surprised to find that upwards to 30% overhead is an accepted number! I think it's a crime to create that much unnecessary overhead.

http://www.all.org/article.php?id=10106

How many UPS managers or supervisors have you seen and known, that are actually criminals themselves, stealing from other UPS'ers? 11-30% sounds about right. UW is perfect.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

First why is this thread still alive and kicking? there is a similar thread with the same arguments... umm err debates in it by the same people.

(@ Tie) Not really, because all of my $$ go directly to my favorite charity instead of being filtered through the United Way. It's not as if I were to give $1 to UW it would magically become $100 to my particular charity.

Whatsa matter Tie? I promise to keep all of your personal information private, because unlike management I have integrity.

Hey I have integrity, not all of us on the darkside are bad.... LOL

Seriously though if Tie feels that giving to UW is best then that is his opinion, just like it is your opinion that your charity that you donate too is the best for you.

Hey there are a lot if people in my hub including me who are the exact opposite. My best friend and I was just talking about this today after work and I brought up the debate here. And for his reasons, mainly how UPS has taken away a lot of things from management and then try to and in some instance make PT Management staff donate $150 in one lump some or $3 a week which equals $156 for the year.

One point he did make which I feel is valid, is though UPS is using strong arm tactics to get use as a whole management and hourlies to donate, but at the same time, it is UPS Policy to not allow solicitation due to the fact they do not want their employees to feel pressed into doing things and buying things they do not want or believe in.

If you ask me this whole UW thing is the very thing UPS policy was made for.

Last edited:

Toshiro Hitsugaya

same guy that expects us to believe a hub manager was stupid enough to say he would fire you if you did not give and that you were stupid enough to believe him?

I don't think so.

And your the one that blindly follows the heard, I am not hard to find, I am the multi-colored sheep in that flock of white you are use too.

tieguy

Banned
And your the one that blindly follows the heard, I am not hard to find, I am the multi-colored sheep in that flock of white you are use too.

no i blindly follow my conscience which tells me my good fortune in having a healthy body and a good paying job requires I help those less fortunate. I'm not here to cry and whine that someone expects me to help out my community.I'm not here to try to suck up to the company bashers by telling them what a great guy i am as you are trying to do.

and if that conversation took place with your boss as you claim i definitely would not be here admitting I was stupid enough to believe him.

Let me give you some advice as an alleged leader of this company. Stop whining , stop making excuses get off your ass and start leading someone.

P

pickup

no i blindly follow my conscience which tells me my good fortune in having a healthy body and a good paying job requires I help those less fortunate.

[video=youtube;OoqI5PSRcXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM[/video]

Obama and tieguy- the democrat's 2012 dream team. They're on the same page.

Last edited by a moderator: