united way... Turn the tables on them

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by happyboy, Aug 8, 2009.

1. happyboy

happyboy Member

When they approach me this year to collect money for their United way campaign i will use that opportunity to collect money for my own fund raising opportunity. I will inform them that i am collecting money for some group or charity and i am asking you to donate to me, when the say no thanks i will also say no thanks to the united way. Here is a krispy kreme form that i found http://www.krispykreme.com/generic_presell.pdf
    that i may use or i just may type up my own form on the computer.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I know you are a bit slow so I offer this advise:
    Make sure they know you are being a smart*** and not serious. UPS has a no solicitation rule.

3. FedEX 4 Life

FedEX 4 Life New Member

I thought this was a really good idea but then i remember about no soliciting rule.I'd probably get fired on the spot for this.

4. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Maybe we should remind them of their rule when they ask us to donate?

5. jimstud

jimstud Banned

red you are a steward, when have they ever followed the rules?

6. happyboy

happyboy Member

Smart *** lol i was serious. You contribute to mine i contribute to yours

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I don`t know what that rule is but we,CACH, have any number of banks,colleges,etc representatives standing at the exit doors on any given day to solicit employees.

8. ups767mech

ups767mech New Member

Slow I'd be careful, If your managment team is anything like mine youll be asking for donations at the unemployment office before you know it. Joking or not.

9. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

Just check I choose not to give at this time.... load me up for a couple months... whatever... doesn't matter the answer is still no. My arms don't twist.

10. upssalesguy

upssalesguy UPS Defender

don't contribute.

11. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Interesting, no solititation, huh?

Funny how all those drivers bring stuff to work to raise money for their kid's (you fill in the blank) fundraiser. You know, 3 buck candy bars that are so stale you could use it to scrape rust off the back bumper?

Happens here all the time.

As for the united way campain, shame on both sides for making this such an issue.

Giving to charities is a personal choice. The company can offer and encourage, but needs to stop there.

And those that can do nothing but find fault with the United Way.......

d

12. Monkey Butt

I can only speak for my experience ... I have never pressured anyone to give to United Way and I have never been pressured my self.

Usually, people come down off their soapbox and give at least a dollar for their annual gift.

Their was one person that never gave and there were a few here and there that refused to give because someone in their family or a friend was refused help.

OF COURSE, there are some people that would claim pressure and harassment if the UW coordinator said something along the line of, "Come on man, can't you at least give 1 dollar as an annual contribution?"

13. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

14. Monkey Butt

15. QKRSTKR

QKRSTKR Active Member

One time I had girl scout cookies with me and a sup. I was in a tiff with said " you know you can be fired for selling and distributing cookies on your rte." I said " I don't know anything about distribution, these are for consumption." :happy2:

16. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Maybe the minimum "one time" donation is $50. Last year I gave $26.00 taken out at the rate of $.50 a week. This gives me the opportunity to tell anyone else soliciting me for "charity" that I gave a work.

17. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Nice "Days of Thunder" reference.

19. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Slow Driver I am more than willing to donate $1 a week (even though I take home 4 figures a week, and I am punishing people that need true help cause it's an alleged management cause...) to what ever charity you chose. I will also let your charity know that the donation will be in your name cause your are to cheap to help anyone or my favorite one (I already give alot outside of work - then I go get in my Lexus/BMW/Range Rover to head to my favorite alleged charity to do volunteer work). Fill in the blanks that apply to you.

20. Highwayman

Highwayman Member

I would rather give to some one on the street, than hear UPS crow about how much THEY gave to UW.