united way... Turn the tables on them

happyboy

When they approach me this year to collect money for their United way campaign i will use that opportunity to collect money for my own fund raising opportunity. I will inform them that i am collecting money for some group or charity and i am asking you to donate to me, when the say no thanks i will also say no thanks to the united way. Here is a krispy kreme form that i found http://www.krispykreme.com/generic_presell.pdf
that i may use or i just may type up my own form on the computer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When they approach me this year to collect money for their United way campaign i will use that opportunity to collect money for my own fund raising opportunity. I will inform them that i am collecting money for some group or charity and i am asking you to donate to me, when the say no thanks i will also say no thanks to the united way. Here is a krispy kreme form that i found http://www.krispykreme.com/generic_presell.pdf
that i may use or i just may type up my own form on the computer.

I know you are a bit slow so I offer this advise:
Make sure they know you are being a smart*** and not serious. UPS has a no solicitation rule.

FedEX 4 Life

I thought this was a really good idea but then i remember about no soliciting rule.I'd probably get fired on the spot for this.

I know you are a bit slow so I offer this advise:
Make sure they know you are being a smart*** and not serious. UPS has a no solicitation rule.

I don`t know what that rule is but we,CACH, have any number of banks,colleges,etc representatives standing at the exit doors on any given day to solicit employees.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Interesting, no solititation, huh?

Funny how all those drivers bring stuff to work to raise money for their kid's (you fill in the blank) fundraiser. You know, 3 buck candy bars that are so stale you could use it to scrape rust off the back bumper?

Happens here all the time.

As for the united way campain, shame on both sides for making this such an issue.

Giving to charities is a personal choice. The company can offer and encourage, but needs to stop there.

And those that can do nothing but find fault with the United Way.......

d

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Giving to charities is a personal choice. The company can offer and encourage, but needs to stop there.

d

I can only speak for my experience ... I have never pressured anyone to give to United Way and I have never been pressured my self.

Usually, people come down off their soapbox and give at least a dollar for their annual gift.

Their was one person that never gave and there were a few here and there that refused to give because someone in their family or a friend was refused help.

OF COURSE, there are some people that would claim pressure and harassment if the UW coordinator said something along the line of, "Come on man, can't you at least give 1 dollar as an annual contribution?"

705red

Browncafe Steward
I can only speak for my experience ... I have never pressured anyone to give to United Way and I have never been pressured my self.

Usually, people come down off their soapbox and give at least a dollar for their annual gift.

Their was one person that never gave and there were a few here and there that refused to give because someone in their family or a friend was refused help.

OF COURSE, there are some people that would claim pressure and harassment if the UW coordinator said something along the line of, "Come on man, can't you at least give 1 dollar as an annual contribution?"[/QUOTE]
No actually you can't, the minimum yearly one time donation is $50. Nothing like telling someone what their minimum gift is.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

OF COURSE, there are some people that would claim pressure and harassment if the UW coordinator said something along the line of, "Come on man, can't you at least give 1 dollar as an annual contribution?"[/QUOTE]
No actually you can't, the minimum yearly one time donation is $50. Nothing like telling someone what their minimum gift is.
My pledge card use to have it ... anyway, it use to have an open amount on the pledge card and many people gave $1. Maybe that's why they removed it.

I've given stock for the last 15 years so it could be I am out of date. If so , then I am sorry for the misinformation. $50 is a much harder sell - I agree.

QKRSTKR

One time I had girl scout cookies with me and a sup. I was in a tiff with said " you know you can be fired for selling and distributing cookies on your rte." I said " I don't know anything about distribution, these are for consumption." :happy2:

bluehdmc

Maybe the minimum "one time" donation is $50. Last year I gave $26.00 taken out at the rate of $.50 a week. This gives me the opportunity to tell anyone else soliciting me for "charity" that I gave a work.

My pledge card use to have it ... anyway, it use to have an open amount on the pledge card and many people gave $1. Maybe that's why they removed it.

I've given stock for the last 15 years so it could be I am out of date. If so , then I am sorry for the misinformation. $50 is a much harder sell - I agree.
On the last UW campaign here the blank line was still on the form, no minimum amount required. What I give is as personal to me as why I give so I won't say here what it was. But the blank line was still on there.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Slow Driver I am more than willing to donate $1 a week (even though I take home 4 figures a week, and I am punishing people that need true help cause it's an alleged management cause...) to what ever charity you chose. I will also let your charity know that the donation will be in your name cause your are to cheap to help anyone or my favorite one (I already give alot outside of work - then I go get in my Lexus/BMW/Range Rover to head to my favorite alleged charity to do volunteer work). Fill in the blanks that apply to you.