United Way

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I just completed my online donation. I donated significantly less than this year's amount due to the fact that the company pushed our start time forward to 9:30, effectively taking 1 hour per week out of my paycheck. First time in a long time that I have not donated at the Leadership Level or higher.

dont feel bad, i made up for your short comings , i did a one time donation of 1 dollar, i figured ups will match it and some scumbag can buy a can of beans

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

dont feel bad, i made up for your short comings , i did a one time donation of 1 dollar, i figured ups will match it and some scumbag can buy a can of beans

I went from $50/week down to $10/week. I didn't want to do it---I would have loved to have stayed at the $50/week but my last paycheck had guarantee pay, which I have not had in a long, long time.

I just completed my online donation. I donated significantly less than this year's amount due to the fact that the company pushed our start time forward to 9:30, effectively taking 1 hour per week out of my paycheck. First time in a long time that I have not donated at the Leadership Level or higher.

9:30? How long does it take you to get to your route? I have a 30 minute drive to and from the route and if they started me at 9:30, I'd have late air every day.

trickpony1

I went from $50/week down to $10/week. I didn't want to do it---I would have loved to have stayed at the $50/week but my last paycheck had guarantee pay, which I have not had in a long, long time.

Wait a minute........

Weren't you the one that said, ".....money isn't everything" and;
"Some of the happiest people I know don't have a pot to piss in.".

I'm confused.

I've got my own reasons on why or why not I might or might not contribute. I will not share them here as others shouldn't either. This forum is a way to express ones self on how they feel on a certain subject. In the name of charity and good will I would keep your opinions to your self.

L

Loufan

haha wow, today we did United Way, and i said i'll do what i did last year. 50 bucks- One time payment.

"umm how about we do 250, we're asking for 250."

no.

"well we can do 200. i know you're not big on giving but this is for charity"

(held my mouth because i actually donate to local charities and that pissed me off"

"So 200?"

No

50 is all i'm doing.

They were asking for more, I guess they forget that they split our shift up and i'm getting 5 hours a week less than i was last year?

I hate the techniques UPS uses to get us to donate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've got my own reasons on why or why not I might or might not contribute. I will not share them here as others shouldn't either. This forum is a way to express ones self on how they feel on a certain subject. In the name of charity and good will I would keep your opinions to your self.
Mr. Aramony was one of the highest-paid executives in the charity field, earning an annual compensation package of more than $460,000. Yet, as federal prosecutors charged, he used United Way money to support a luxurious lifestyle that included craps games in Las Vegas, frequenting velvet-rope dance clubs and eating lobster dinners in tony restaurants.

In 1992, reports of Mr. Aramony’s excess by The Washington Post and Regardie’s magazine prompted the FBI and IRS to investigate his leadership at the charity.

Mr. Aramony contended that his lavish spending was a way to ingratiate himself with corporate executives to gain their trust and also their financial support.

United Way leader’s fraud scandal marred charitable legacy - The Washington Post

I don't see the difference from pocketing your money over to a union or other money grabbing entity.

Oops, you might want to ignore that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

9:30? How long does it take you to get to your route? I have a 30 minute drive to and from the route and if they started me at 9:30, I'd have late air every day.

9:30 starts means we don't leave until 9:35 at the earliest. Walmart used to be my first stop everyday--it is 10 minutes from the bldg--but my first stop now depends upon what NDA I have.

Our center manager used to talk about late air every morning---he hasn't mentioned it since the start time change but I know it is up dramatically.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait a minute........

Weren't you the one that said, ".....money isn't everything" and;
"Some of the happiest people I know don't have a pot to piss in.".

I'm confused.

"money isn't everything" means that there is more to life than work. I guess "work to live, not live to work" would be more accurate.

"Some of the happiest people I know don't have a pot to piss in" still applies.

What little OT I used to get is now gone. My check last week had guarantee pay--I have not had guarantee pay in a long, long time.

Charitable contributions come from discretionary income---less DI means less CC.

texan

I do not think UW is a scam and I contribute. I know the people and agencies
here in my location personaly. I know what help they provide first hand.

kingOFchester

CEO Brian Gallagher of UW.

Edit do to finding more accurate info from snoops:

Last reported income including bonus 717k and change.

Will not contribute.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/united-way-345301/#ixzz22aJmDoIM

9:30 starts means we don't leave until 9:35 at the earliest. Walmart used to be my first stop everyday--it is 10 minutes from the bldg--but my first stop now depends upon what NDA I have.

Our center manager used to talk about late air every morning---he hasn't mentioned it since the start time change but I know it is up dramatically.

I don't understand how pushing forward your start time would affect your overall hours worked?
For me it would mean more hours, as I would have to break trace for businesses and would struggle for a longer period of time during rush hour traffic.
It's because of guys like you who have their start time moved to later, yet still clock out at their usual time, that motivates the company to move start times in the first place.

We all know how they do it too.
They still come in well before the old start time and set up their truck.
They run through lunch and breaks and then collectively bitch about it.
Sadly these are the only collective thoughts these Me-sters ever have.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't understand how pushing forward your start time would affect your overall hours worked?
For me it would mean more hours, as I would have to break trace for businesses and would struggle for a longer period of time during rush hour traffic.
It's because of guys like you who have their start time moved to later, yet still clock out at their usual time, that motivates the company to move start times in the first place.

We all know how they do it too.
They still come in well before the old start time and set up their truck.
They run through lunch and breaks and then collectively bitch about it.
Sadly these are the only collective thoughts these Me-sters ever have.

Nobody Home
And I've got second sight.
And amazing powers of observation.
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
There'll be nobody home.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sad part is that you are giving the other $40 to UPS every week instead of United Way.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Don't give its a scam. Give to your church

a church isn't a scam?

LOL

1338788180764.jpg
1338788180764.jpg

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
The United Way in my area does excellent work for troubled and in need youths and families. I would rather spend a few bucks a week helping people and youths start and live better life at the beginning of there lives than thousands in prisons and crime when its to late.

Ends depend on beginnings. I for one want to be able to walk the streets in any town and city without worrying about being victimized by individual we decided to throw away.

Learn about what they do before you make a judgement.

Live United

United Way

Last edited: