unloading 1200 pph

browntroll

so now that its getting really light in my hub i get sent back to unload. pt sup i dont get along with tells me i have to be able to hit 1200 pph or else he is gonna write me up he doesnt care about the bulk or bags i have in the trailer. of course i laugh it off since 1200 pph is easy to me just wondering if anyone has actually ever seen anyone written up for this? not that i cant hit the number just last "conversation" i had with him ended with him telling me if i keep messing with him i would go on his :censored2: list and he will write me up for anything he can to try to get me fired.

rkctkc

In all seriousness, just let what he says goes in one ear and out the other. As long as you're not sitting down eating a bag of chips instead of unloading you'll be fine. yes supervisor can't do :censored2:, and if he does it'll just get thrown out

rkctkc

In all seriousness, just let what he says go in one ear and out the other. As long as you're not sitting down eating a bag of chips instead of unloading you'll be fine. your supervisor can't do crap and if he does it'll just get thrown out

browntroll

well ill see how it goes, not sure how he would explain writing me up for going 1200pph but most of the other guys
can barely do half that. only thing im worried about is him putting me in a bulk filled trailer then saying i didnt hit the number
specially in trailers that dont even have 1200 packages. im gonna ask where he got the 1200pph from, he said it was in the contract.

rkctkc

The union does not recognize time allowance. Just work safely and to the best of your ability. Sounds like the supervisor is pretty new and wants to feel like he's the boss.

SafeYARDdog

so now that its getting really light in my hub i get sent back to unload. pt sup i dont get along with tells me i have to be able to hit 1200 pph or else he is gonna write me up he doesnt care about the bulk or bags i have in the trailer. of course i laugh it off since 1200 pph is easy to me just wondering if anyone has actually ever seen anyone written up for this? not that i cant hit the number just last "conversation" i had with him ended with him telling me if i keep messing with him i would go on his :censored2: list and he will write me up for anything he can to try to get me fired.
I got in the same situation once, and all i did was slowing down by a half.
UPS first rule: Everytime supervisors yell, we have to slow down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
well ill see how it goes, not sure how he would explain writing me up for going 1200pph but most of the other guys
can barely do half that. only thing im worried about is him putting me in a bulk filled trailer then saying i didnt hit the number
specially in trailers that dont even have 1200 packages. im gonna ask where he got the 1200pph from, he said it was in the contract.
Lol in the contract. Sometimes I think these sups say it enough they believe it.

Had a center manager that swore stops per hour was recognized in the contract. Somehow those never got to panel like he swore they would.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Work at your own pace, not theirs. If he tells you to hurry up just say okay and keep doing what you are doing. If he writes you up, don't sign anything and get a union steward. You will be fine, PT sups are nobodies. They can't write you up anyways.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Basically the sup is a punk and should be spoken to as such...cuss him out and show him that union members run things
This is awful advice. If you cuss at a supervisor, and a union steward sees it, there is nothing he can do for you. You can't do that at all. Standing up for yourself and holding your ground is one thing, but you can NOT cuss out management.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Say yes and keep working at your pace. Ask lots of questions to slow things down. All bathroom visits are on the clock, not during paid breaks.

Work at your own pace, and remember: Safety First