Unloading one's truck a disrespect?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

[quote="Cementups, post:Now where is the primary?" (20 years and I never worked in that part of the building) It was a 5 minute drive around and a 5 minute walk back to the center. Easy money at that point.

Sad, this is why we should get rid of the off the street hire ratio. I know my building from top to bottom.[/quote]

Did you always know the building from top to bottom? No, your familiarity grew over time. It's no different with an off-the-street hire. I can recall the first time I was asked to bring my air directly to the air belt. I had to ask where it was. My on-car laughed at me and then told me where it was.

Sorry, but your comment struck a nerve with me.

Cementups

Box Monkey
[quote="Cementups, post:Now where is the primary?" (20 years and I never worked in that part of the building) It was a 5 minute drive around and a 5 minute walk back to the center. Easy money at that point.

Sad, this is why we should get rid of the off the street hire ratio. I know my building from top to bottom.[/quote]

Hey, maybe you should read more thoroughly. I never worked in THAT part of the building. I'm a large hub. I only ever worked in Preload for 2.5 years before coming a driver. preload is the very first part of our building when you walk in. I never HAD to go to the any other parts of the building. I put my 2.5 years in inside before I became a driver.

{Moderated: Please do not use profanity}

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey, maybe you should read more thoroughly. I never worked in THAT part of the building. I'm a large hub. I only ever worked in Preload for 2.5 years before coming a driver. preload is the very first part of our building when you walk in. I never HAD to go to the any other parts of the building. I put my 2.5 years in inside before I became a driver.

That's not an excuse, no offense. I just don't see how someone could work in a building for 2.5 yrs and don't know where the primary is. I guess you had it easy. nothing personal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cementups

Box Monkey
That's not an excuse, no offense. I just don't see how someone could work in a building for 2.5 yrs and don't know where the primary is. I guess you had it easy. nothing personal.

yup, super easy. preload and sorting are the hardest jobs in the building. Yup, I had it rough.
I stayed in my work area. Work as instructed. They never instructed me to wander around other parts of the building. The had this weird habit of making me do my job as a preloadedr. What were they thinking!?!?!?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
yup, super easy. preload and sorting are the hardest jobs in the building. Yup, I had it rough.
I stayed in my work area. Work as instructed. They never instructed me to wander around other parts of the building. The had this weird habit of making me do my job as a preloadedr. What were they thinking!?!?!?

Ok, I hear you.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Ok, I hear you.

shm.gif

Cementups 1 Troll 0

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dude really? Enough. I've been to your building twice....it ain't even that big. You have it hard?? You're a local sort monkey making what? 9.50 an hour and no benefits...you guys barely work more than your 3.5 hours on local sort...and rarely more than 6 hours even during peak I've heard. And despite what you say....there is no double shifting between preload and local sort. I guess you ain't even know that many upper management drones from your building...(one of whom I used to load next to...before he went to the dark side and know very well) rountinely come to my building for meetings....I asked about it.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Dude really? Enough. I've been to your building twice....it ain't even that big. You have it hard?? You're a local sort monkey making what? 9.50 an hour and no benefits...you guys barely work more than your 3.5 hours on local sort...and rarely more than 6 hours even during peak I've heard. And despite what you say....there is no double shifting between preload and local sort. I guess you ain't even know that many upper management drones from your building...(one of whom I used to load next to...before he went to the dark side and know very well) rountinely come to my building for meetings....I asked about it.

LMAO, little boy is busted.

Maybe he'll go back down to mommy's basement and pout.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You can indeed double shift, because I've done it many times. Maybe because I'm just the exception and not the rules, oh typical me! You're only right about the hours thing. Since you have the nerves to insult me on what I'm making? How about the fact that I'll be a driver while you're still slinging boxes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can indeed double shift, because I've done it many times. Maybe because I'm just the exception and not the rules, oh typical me! You're only right about the hours thing. Since you have the nerves to insult me on what I'm making? How about the fact that I'll be a driver while you're still slinging boxes.
The wait in your building is how many years?? I can't mention names on here but the preload manager in your building was in mine last week...he used to be a loader in my center....