Unloading one's truck a disrespect?

brownrod

I've realized that many drivers have the mentality that unloading anyone's trucks but theirs is a disrespect to them. When my sup is short on guys, he would ask some of the drivers if they would like to unload, the drivers would usually tell him that they won't unload anyone's trucks but theirs. Some would also joke with other drivers saying "I have seniority over you, go unload my truck". So is this mentality a culture nationwide at UPS?

I won't unload my own truck. No thanks!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm sure he wasn't a loader or a part time employee prior to that. No way they'll let a loader goes from loader to center manager. Just not happening.
My current center manager was hired off the street as a driver...then went into management. The guy from your building was a loader for a few months....pt sup for like a few years....then promoted to full time and transfered. Are you done arguing yet?

Xexys

Retired and Happy
My current center manager was hired off the street as a driver...then went into management. The guy from your building was a loader for a few months....pt sup for like a few years....then promoted to full time and transfered. Are you done arguing yet?

I worked alongside a person in preload that has become a senior vice president of UPS making over 2.7 million a year. Anything can happen in this company.