Unnecessary bid sheet bumped me out of work! No spots to fill

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 6 years, Apr 25, 2016.

1. 6 years

6 years New Member

Where to find article

2. Need more information than that

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wut?TM

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. In the newspaper?

5. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. 6 years

6 years New Member

My preload posted a bid sheet .. A guy with higher senority signed the bid from local sort .. Which is now present on preload an is currently bumping me out of work .. There was no spot for him to fill .. Management posted the bid because of call ins on preload an thought adding another guy an keeping me on call would help management from calling a driver in .. This is a small preload .. I need to know what article to research so I can file

7. 6 years

6 years New Member

Would like to know what article to read or some advice .. So I'll know what article that can support me when I file grievance papers

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Management created a new job and put the job up for bid. The job was filled by someone with more seniority and now you are being laid off for lack of work. You should be able to bump a lower seniority employee from another sort.

9. 6 years

6 years New Member

So management can creat another job when there is no jobs to be filled because of call in ?

10. 6 years

6 years New Member

So what this really means is that management has the right to mis manage anytime they want .. As long as the job get job get done

11. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Mismanage and manage are interchangeable. The job always gets done.

12. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

No, I'm pretty sure there's something in the contract about the position needing to be vacant for 30 days. But I can't think of which article that would be off hand.

Call your business agent.

13. 6 years

6 years New Member

That is true . So would I be fighting a losing battle an stay on call ..

14. 6 years

6 years New Member

Okay thanks bastiatian ..

15. 6 years

6 years New Member

One more question .. What part of the index would this be under ? Shift changes ? Preload to local sort ? Bid sheets ?

16. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Is this in a small center? or a center within a big hub?

Do you have seniority over other employees who are working in the center? (possibly on another sort also)

17. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Unfortunately, the index in my contract book doesn't have specific options like that. I have to learn by guessing which sections are applicable to what I want to know and reading through them.

Your business agent will be of a lot more help than any of us.

18. 6 years

6 years New Member

Business agent would be ? Steward or union rep ?

19. 6 years

6 years New Member

It's almost like both union rep an steward is playing the ol buddy buddy system with the guy bumping me from my preload .. Gonna fight this :censored2:

20. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

BA is a union guy who comes around maybe every 6 months to shake drivers hands.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List