Unread

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I absolutely love how the new board software automatically remembers your last read/unread post serverside so you just click on the thread and it brings you to the right post whether you're on your laptop at home or your phone, etc. Very cool...but must make the sql database huge ;)

oldngray

nowhere special
I had unread before. That is how I have always kept track of new posts to read. It might be slightly different now but pretty much the same to me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I use Safari. The thread title is bold if there are new posts since your last visit. I think it was the same with the old software.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
On the old board you would have to click the page numbers and try to remember where you left off. With this xenforo you just click the link for the thread and it brings you to where you left off without clicking on the page numbers. Very cool. With the old mobile app there was an "unread" option but it was often wrong or out of sync if you view from mobile/home.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
On the old board you would have to click the page numbers and try to remember where you left off. With this xenforo you just click the link for the thread and it brings you to where you left off without clicking on the page numbers. Very cool. With the old mobile app there was an "unread" option but it was often wrong or out of sync if you view from mobile/home.

I always just clicked on the thread title and went to the newest post. What browser are you running?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
So, how does it work on their stuff?

You have me curious.

Edit:I just noticed the related thread at the bottom of this page. That's how I used to jump to unread posts.

But the bold thread titles now work for me.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
At least I'm not still on Windows!
I run one machine with Windows 7 Ultimate primarily for compatibility reasons. I like Linux and Android when possible to use them. I hate Apple...primarily due to how restrictive they attempt to be and more recently because of some of the weenies who use their products.