Unreported Accidents

oldngray

nowhere special
Unreported accident is impossible to predict. Depends on work history, moods of people and maybe even the phase of the moon. Good work history might be termination then getting job back with loss of pay. Might be terminated for good but most people get a second chance. I knew a driver who had an unreported accident ( hit a brand new car on a dealer's lot) and got his job back and is now the BA at the local union (but few people know about his work history - I was in his center when it happened though ).

Buck Fifty

The more this driver thinks he deserves his job back, the worse his chances are. Tell him to play it accordinally and he'll be fne. Good Luck to him.

Buck Fifty

Honesty is the best policy. The more the driver tries to jerk around about it the bigger the hole he will dig himself.

There is nothing to lie about now, he has to be honest. You have to let the company throw a little dirt in that hole, as it will be easier to climb out. All about attitude from here on out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^ that may be but I've seen plenty of drivers lie about an accident and then a few not getting their jobs back. But I've seen guys have an accident and then be totally honest about it and get a day or three on the street and then come back to their job the following week.

jaker

trolling
First why is a PT driving off property , second u are not giving any good info

and third why would you not report a accident , I dont care if I hit a trash can I call it in

​my boss makes the biggest deal when I make a year safe driving

PT Car Washer

First why is a PT driving off property , second u are not giving any good info

and third why would you not report a accident , I dont care if I hit a trash can I call it in

​my boss makes the biggest deal when I make a year safe driving
PT Saturday air driver or PT air exception driver maybe? Had a few incidents myself that was not enough to bother the boss with. No damage, no accident.

sigreq

I was at a auto shop delivering one day, flashers on double parked at the edge of the lot. Dish network guy backs down the side of my bumper, tears the side of his truck up pretty good, not a scratch on mine. I was a new driver and didn't wanna do anything to mess up my job. Guy runs around and tells me it was his fault and please don't say anything. Never said a word about it, not sure if I would do anything different if it happened now.

Buck Fifty

I was at a auto shop delivering one day, flashers on double parked at the edge of the lot. Dish network guy backs down the side of my bumper, tears the side of his truck up pretty good, not a scratch on mine. I was a new driver and didn't wanna do anything to mess up my job. Guy runs around and tells me it was his fault and please don't say anything. Never said a word about it, not sure if I would do anything different if it happened now.

Lalalalalala......... I didn't hear that.

542thruNthru

I tell every new driver. You get in an accident CALL IT IN! We have had a few guys Fired and not get their jobs back because of this. I tell them. You could drive thru a house and tell your on road "It was pretty cool" and only get a slap on the wrist. Good luck to whoever it was. When your a new driver you make mistakes. Hopefully he/she learns from it quick.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All accidents regardless of severity must be called in.

In the future you should at least take a cellphone pic of the damage to the other vehicle.

S

serenity now

Unreported accidents : How many drivers do you suppose are in the Circle of Honor even though one or both of the following situations are true?

A. At some point in their career, had a minor accident that was not reported and got away with it.
B. Had a minor accident, reported it, and for whatever reason the management person on duty that day let it slide.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unreported accidents : How many drivers do you suppose are in the Circle of Honor even though one or both of the following situations are true?

A. At some point in their career, had a minor accident that was not reported and got away with it.
B. Had a minor accident, reported it, and for whatever reason the management person on duty that day let it slide.

I'll let you know in 3 years.