Unreported Injuries

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I guess I am lucky, according to a new sup,because I don't know the 8 keys to blah blah blah !! But I have never had a seriuos injury in 23 yrs, I have had slight twist and a few sprains,never anything that I know my body couldn't over come with time !!
If anything major happened ,I would tell them asap!! Some people I know would report any and everything !! I am probaly just "old school " and suck it up !!

Harlemgal

To All:

Have you ever been injured while working at UPS and have decided not to report the injury?

If you are willing please share the details of your story and the reason you decided not to report it.

Sincerely,
I
Hello,

I too, recently experienced an injury during peak season at UPS. I was asked to run for a driver, at the last minute, and it snowed.

You never know when you're going to be asked to help a driver. Although I wasn't wearing the right shoes for snow (had no idea it was snowing while in the dock) I offered to go.

In a nutshell, I managed to ravage a finger during work and am pretty sure it's fractured.
It was an hour after I started running for the driver so I just sucked it up.

The hand/finger 5 weeks later isn't healed correctly. I should go to the doctor, but am unsure now what my recourse is. No one saw me get injured and I never said anything, partly out of fear.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello,

I too, recently experienced an injury during peak season at UPS. I was asked to run for a driver, at the last minute, and it snowed.

You never know when you're going to be asked to help a driver. Although I wasn't wearing the right shoes for snow (had no idea it was snowing while in the dock) I offered to go.

In a nutshell, I managed to ravage a finger during work and am pretty sure it's fractured.

The hand/finger 5 weeks later isn't healed correctly. I should go to the doctor, but am unsure now what my recourse is. No one saw me get injured and I never said anything, partly out of fear.
5 weeks after the fact. should be about healed by now

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hello,

East Harlem?

Asking for a friend...

542thruNthru

Hello,

How long you been with UPS?

quad decade guy

Hello,

They fire people here for unreported injuries....accidents....

I would think your claim would be denied.

Why didn't you go and get it x-rayed? Urgent Care type of place.....here it would have cost $20.

Fear.....of what?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hello,

You have no recourse with UPS after 5 weeks but if you need medical treatment ...go to a doctor.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hello,

It’s only a finger. Ronnie Lott got his pinky ripped off in a helmet, did you hear him complain? No, just rubbed some dirt on it & kept playing

542thruNthru

You have no recourse with UPS after 5 weeks but if you need medical treatment ...go to a doctor.
Actually depending on the state he/she could have anywhere from 10 to 90 days to report a injury to UPS. UPS just likes to say 24 hours. After that he/she could file a work comp claim between 1 and 3 years depending on the state.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They fire people here for unreported injuries....accidents....

I would think your claim would be denied.

Why didn't you go and get it x-rayed? Urgent Care type of place.....here it would have cost $20.

Fear.....of what?
Fear of the UPS boogeyman??? You, out of anyone here, should be able to relate to that … but then again I don’t know you… but actually I do by all of the paranoid talk you spout off on this site old timer…