Update on Motorcycle Vs. FedEx Ground fatality

CharleyHustle

Hey, I'm as amazed as you if everything you ASSUME is true. I don't know why the AUTHORITIES haven't done anything yet. YOU have it all figured out. What's wrong with THEM?! And why aren't YOU asking the same question if you are certain of the facts?

The way things are today, the family of the cyclist will get a settlement from FedEx regardless of who the police say is at fault. That's why companies such as UPS puts such a premium on avoidance.

bbsam

Staff member
Just because somebody might sue doesn't me Fedex will roll, especially if an investigation does not find them at fault.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey, I'm as amazed as you if everything you ASSUME is true. I don't know why the AUTHORITIES haven't done anything yet. YOU have it all figured out. What's wrong with THEM?! And why aren't YOU asking the same question if you are certain of the facts?

He knows more than the CHP, he knows more than anyone and everyone at FedEx (combined, no less!). He doesn't think armchair quarterbacking the entire NFL is enough.

bbsam

Staff member
I think the insurance company pays. You are insured aren't you?
Yes. But Fedex would be the one paying and they are self insured. Why would they pay you ask? Because it is their DOT number on the side of my truck and their packages on the truck. If, however, the truck was not loaded, then it would be my "dead head" insurance that would pay. Didn't know that, did you?

CharleyHustle

I don't know a lot of stuff, and not just about FedEx. Like, I never knew you could take the truck and run errands on your break. Do you like set limits on how far an errand can go? (you can tell I don't know much because I ask a lot of questions.) Could I for instance, take groceries to my laid-up auntie Marge in the next county? Or haul straw to bed down the pigs I raise in my back yard? Do I have to cover up that FedEx # on the side when I'm hauling straw? What if a motorcycle slams into me on my way to auntie Marge's?

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know a lot of stuff, and not just about FedEx. Like, I never knew you could take the truck and run errands on your break. Do you like set limits on how far an errand can go? (you can tell I don't know much because I ask a lot of questions.) Could I for instance, take groceries to my laid-up auntie Marge in the next county? Or haul straw to bed down the pigs I raise in my back yard? Do I have to cover up that FedEx # on the side when I'm hauling straw? What if a motorcycle slams into me on my way to auntie Marge's?
Since it appears that you struggle, I will make this very,very clear. As long as there is at least one (1) Fedex package on the truck in the event of an accident, Fedex's insurance covers loss to the public. Period. If no such package is on the truck, then the ISP's dead head insurance covers the loss. Got errands to run? I don't care as long as the job gets done.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The bottom line is, we'll never hear any more about this accident on the news.
They never do follow-up shows.