*UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan Sou

siredline09

My sup told me not to come in Friday Dec, 24 I said ok didn't want to even argue about why i couldn't come anyway i got flooded with calls from UPS Air Drivers today from my building saying we all just got laid off on Dec, 24 which its about 50 air drivers without jobs on Christmas eve anyway management hasn't confirmed me i was laid off but they told one of the air driver to tell me i was laid off on Christmas eve now whats really going on ????? why is ups treating us so unprofessional ??

CFLBrown

Re: *UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan

Are you sure this isn't the UPS term 'lay off' for the purposes of you are not working today?

If your 50 jobs were eliminated, the union would have to be notified.

siredline09

Re: *UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan

CFL Brown will keep you updated once i hear more

tieguy

Banned

Sire this is very serious. Its clear ups is trying to throw the air drivers out on the streets and starve them at christmas. we thank you for having the courage to expose this evil plot.

have you met integrity? ( the guy in the yellow pajama's)

Integrity this is your chance to fight this evil. A few posts promising to fight hard on behalf of these air drivers and you too will finally have something to call a victory when they return to work next week.

UPSGUY72

My sup told me not to come in Friday Dec, 24 I said ok didn't want to even argue about why i couldn't come anyway i got flooded with calls from UPS Air Drivers today from my building saying we all just got laid off on Dec, 24 which its about 50 air drivers without jobs on Christmas eve anyway management hasn't confirmed me i was laid off but they told one of the air driver to tell me i was laid off on Christmas eve now whats really going on ????? why is ups treating us so unprofessional ??

They can't just layoff 50 Air Driver they have to lay off by senority meaning the lowest guys on the FT senority list go first. They can do a one day layoff without following senority. If they lay off all the Air Driver those who have senority over FT driver should be able to bump meaning that the last 50 or so driver on the senority list in your building would be laid off first not.

CACH laid off 378 feeder drivers today. We will file grievances to get our jobs back on Monday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

I laid myself off this Monday, I don't like to run two or three routes thrown together.

brownrod

no reason to use air drivers on xmas even when 99% of businesses are closed. Just sayin...

I bet you will have your air routes back when people are shipping air again.

siredline09

Sire this is very serious. Its clear ups is trying to throw the air drivers out on the streets and starve them at christmas. we thank you for having the courage to expose this evil plot.

Integrity this is your chance to fight this evil. A few posts promising to fight hard on behalf of these air drivers and you too will finally have something to call a victory when they return to work next week.

Thanks man I'm trying to let everyone know what goes down even if its good or bad news. I will keep you guys updated after XMAS Enjoy

siredline09

I was laid off today.

Are you a air driver and do you know the reason why you was laid off ? i have guys callin me left and right saying they got laid off today from work including me. But not really sure why and if so for how long. And the part that really kills me is why tell us on Xmas eve. not right .

Signature Only

Blue in Brown

A suitable case for treatment: (Excess hexavalent chromium in diet)

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Are you a air driver and do you know the reason why you was laid off ? i have guys callin me left and right saying they got laid off today from work including me. But not really sure why and if so for how long. And the part that really kills me is why tell us on Xmas eve. not right .

You called yourself to tell yourself you were laid off? That's going off the deep end a bit..

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I am an air driver and worked happily December 24th. Infact, had a bunch of overtime and barely did any work.

Returntosender

no reason to use air drivers on xmas even when 99% of businesses are closed. Just sayin...

I bet you will have your air routes back when people are shipping air again.

This plan was in the works for a while. Atlanta set up a pilot program in another center. Earlier in the year someone mention that grd,1st 2nd,day were all loaded in one truck. That center made it work, got rid of the next day air drivers. Now one guy in one area does all service levels. At the begining of the new year there will be more postings at other centers mentioning the exact same thing. Now would be perfect time for Atanta to release the plan. Volume is down and will down for a while. Atlanta wants the drivers to get acclimated to this new enviorment. When volume does pick up again in the spring, what's left of the drivers are going to get killed on there routes. The drivers I talk to tell me last year I used to touch 300 packages a day now I'm touching 500+ packages a day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find it alarming that people are calling sired for information--truly a case of the blind leading the blind.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."