*UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan Sou

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Re: *UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan

This plan was in the works for a while. Atlanta set up a pilot program in another center. Earlier in the year someone mention that grd,1st 2nd,day were all loaded in one truck. That center made it work, got rid of the next day air drivers. Now one guy in one area does all service levels. At the begining of the new year there will be more postings at other centers mentioning the exact same thing. Now would be perfect time for Atanta to release the plan. Volume is down and will down for a while. Atlanta wants the drivers to get acclimated to this new enviorment. When volume does pick up again in the spring, what's left of the drivers are going to get killed on there routes. The drivers I talk to tell me last year I used to touch 300 packages a day now I'm touching 500+ packages a day.

That plan has been in place here for 20 years. We only use an air driver in an emergency and that's like pulling teeth.

UPSGUY72

Re: *UPDATE UPS LAYS OFF ALL AIR DRIVERS IN MANHATTAN 43RD St building and Manhattan

Are you a air driver and do you know the reason why you was laid off ? i have guys callin me left and right saying they got laid off today from work including me. But not really sure why and if so for how long. And the part that really kills me is why tell us on Xmas eve. not right .

No not an Air driver. Was Laid off becasue of Volume and no pickups.

siredline09

Lol are you really this stupid or have you been drunk for a month???
407 steward if you were only laid off you would understand but since your not, you talk too much trash. Karma is a bitc* thats all am saying! and you call yourself a steward talking negative on your members from another city.

tieguy

Banned

Sired with all due respect you set yourself up for some of those shots. The lay off process is what it is and the stewards like 407 have dealt with it for years and understand better then you ever will.

As such your posts reek of ignorance. if in your ignorance you asked for knowledge or help they would break their necks to do so. Instead you come on here with your ignorance posting as if you have it all figured out. Time to step back.

siredline09

Sired with all due respect you set yourself up for some of those shots. The lay off process is what it is and the stewards like 407 have dealt with it for years and understand better then you ever will.

As such your posts reek of ignorance. if in your ignorance you asked for knowledge or help they would break their necks to do so. Instead you come on here with your ignorance posting as if you have it all figured out. Time to step back.
hater

EyesLookingIn

Lets all not forget that because Christmas and New Years Day fall on a Saturday we get a day during that week ( yes i know about the floating ) in NYC 43rd st management tired to lay-off the 22.3 drivers for next week ( week after Christmas ) but the Union stepped in and stopped it. So UPS next step will be to lay-off the part time air drivers (the little that are left ) first.

EyesLookingIn

I think this should be in LABOR ISSUES ,, O sorry Union Issues LOL

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

I am amazed every once in a while and have to say this is one of those times. Somebody write this down. Tieguy and I agree on something!!!

siredline09

Lets all not forget that because Christmas and New Years Day fall on a Saturday we get a day during that week ( yes i know about the floating ) in NYC 43rd st management tired to lay-off the 22.3 drivers for next week ( week after Christmas ) but the Union stepped in and stopped it. So UPS next step will be to lay-off the part time air drivers (the little that are left ) first.

yea i kno last week they were talking about making them part time and i saw all of them go to the shop steward danny. the day after that i saw all the union guys on the 4th floor their at the same time i was like shi** that means there going to mess with the part timers if they put them back to 8 hours sure enough they laid us off. I heard some guys are coming back fri for new years then lay them off again lol these guys are crazy

407 steward if you were only laid off you would understand but since your not, you talk too much trash. Karma is a bitc* thats all am saying! and you call yourself a steward talking negative on your members from another city.
The first four years I was full time I was laid off about two and a half years so I bumped. The key is I was full time and you are a part timer. You should only drive if a full timer isn't available period. .......Sorry if I hurt your feeling calling you an idiot but your post seem kind of goofy.

Ps I know I'm not the only one

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

We haven't had a.m. air help in months. Most of them were given two inside jobs.