UPS — Pre-load

Lol

I started my 4 AM - 9 AM shift this morning and it wasn't all that bad. I just have to get accustomed to waking up and memorizing colors of the packages I scan quicker. One downside is when the packages get backed up. I was in the front of the belt and I did very good for my first day my sup said. I know that I will become better as time goes by just like everything else in life. I plan on staying as a pre-loader until January 2015 and applying for a driver position because I am 20 years old right now. Does anyone know if you can choose where you work as a pre-loader besides unloading trucks and loading trucks. If I can scan packages throughout my shift everyday I'll be happy. Thanks!

Lol

It's not just scanning packages, there's more to it. I'm scanning the packages, and lifting them up and down to the correct belt colors at a very fast pace.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's not just scanning packages, there's more to it. I'm scanning the packages, and lifting them up and down to the correct belt colors at a very fast pace.
Yes...we know. Chances are...you will be moved around to whereever they need bodies. Simply put, you are a wedge...you exist to fill attendance gaps.

Lol

There's no point proven here.... If I'm good at sorting, why not assign me there everyday? I'm going to report to the sorting isle everyday unless they tell me other wise.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There's no point proven here.... If I'm good at sorting, why not assign me there everyday? I'm going to report to the sorting isle everyday unless they tell me other wise.
Assign you? You're thinking too much....you work as directed...meaning you go where they tell you. End of story.

After you have been here a little while you will understand that what makes sense doesn't always happen at ups. Logistics comes into place.

Lol

After you have been here a little while you will understand that what makes sense doesn't always happen at ups. Logistics comes into place.
Exactly, first day; Plenty more to come. What I'm trying to state here is that I really enjoy sorting / scanning so why not work it every time.

Exactly, first day; Plenty more to come. What I'm trying to state here is that I really enjoy sorting / scanning so why not work it every time.
Re read my post three months from now if you are still employed at United Parcel service. Then you will understand. It's kinda like when your parents used to say to you when you were a kid " you'll understand when you get a little older".

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Because the cold, hard reality which you will come to learn is that UPS management doesn't give a flying rat's :censored2: what you enjoy doing. Shocking, I know. Ahh...newbies...lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After just one day? You will report where they tell you to report and like it.

Resident know-it-all.

Lol

Re read my post three months from now if you are still employed at United Parcel service. Then you will understand. It's kinda like when your parents used to say to you when you were a kid " you'll understand when you get a little older".
Will do sir

Lol

Btw, I did not clock in today I was just assigned to positions. Will I obtain a user ID to clock in? How does UPS clock in system work. My sup knows I did work however 4 hours and so does HR. I just don't want them not counting my work just because I wasn't assigned an ID and wasn't put into the system right away