UPS — Pre-load

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Btw, I did not clock in today I was just assigned to positions. Will I obtain a user ID to clock in? How does UPS clock in system work. My sup knows I did work however 4 hours and so does HR. I just don't want them not counting my work just because I wasn't assigned an ID and wasn't put into the system right away
You will receive a 7 digit employee ID number. You go to the computer....it'll say Package Timecard Web. Type in ID # where it says ID #. Then under it where it says Password...type the last 4 digits of your ID #. Hit Enter, then hit Enter key again. Done. Repeat same process when punching out.

Lol

You will receive a 7 digit employee ID number. You go to the computer....it'll say Package Timecard Web. Type in ID # where it says ID #. Then under it where it says Password...type the last 4 digits of your ID #. Hit Enter, then hit Enter key again. Done. Repeat same process when punching out.
Thanks man! They should give me it soon. I'm hoping tomorrow.

CHALLY9TX

I started my 4 AM - 9 AM shift this morning and it wasn't all that bad. I just have to get accustomed to waking up and memorizing colors of the packages I scan quicker. One downside is when the packages get backed up. I was in the front of the belt and I did very good for my first day my sup said. I know that I will become better as time goes by just like everything else in life. I plan on staying as a pre-loader until January 2015 and applying for a driver position because I am 20 years old right now. Does anyone know if you can choose where you work as a pre-loader besides unloading trucks and loading trucks. If I can scan packages throughout my shift everyday I'll be happy. Thanks!

You should probably apply for driver now and not wait.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browntroll

everytime i see i a newhire get an "easier" position regardless of them being better at it then me i complain to a sup.
im not the type to hate because someone is better but i do feel they need to suffer like the rest of us did. i had a guy with 1 year
take my pickoff spot one day obviously i have way more seniority so i didnt complain but i stopped his belt for 2 minutes just so
he would get a jam since he looked so relaxed(end of the shift). he still hates me for this its been a year.

CHALLY9TX

How can the OP be sorting on the 1st day? Isn't that a preferred position that should go to a senior employee?

Sent using BrownCafe App

CHALLY9TX

everytime i see i a newhire get an "easier" position regardless of them being better at it then me i complain to a sup.
im not the type to hate because someone is better but i do feel they need to suffer like the rest of us did. i had a guy with 1 year
take my pickoff spot one day obviously i have way more seniority so i didnt complain but i stopped his belt for 2 minutes just so
he would get a jam since he looked so relaxed(end of the shift). he still hates me for this its been a year.

Why did you let him take your pickoff spot?

Sent using BrownCafe App

J

jibbs

obviously i have way more seniority so i didnt complain but i stopped his belt for 2 minutes just so

That sounds exactly like something I'd do.

R, man, you made it sound like you only scanned packages at work, which, in my center, is something they only have people do when there's extra bodies and we've got more work coming in than what was forecast. Scan-checking trucks is the easiest job on the preload in terms of physicality. There's not much accountability, either. Those guys basically go over other people's work looking for mistakes.

Saying that that's what you want to do until January 2015 is a bad sign but it seems that you were on the sort aisle scanning, and not inside trucks that other people were loading. Sort aisle and unload are no jokes, man, don't let people make you feel any sort of way about preferring that to loading. Running scan-checks all day will definitely make some coworkers in your hub/center start to resent every time you come around, though, if that's what you were talking about when you described your first day.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Should I really? I thought you need to be 21 in order to apply
Would you mind sharing why you want to become a package slave for the remainder of your life? You're only 20..surely you have better aspirations than this?

And don't call me Shirley.

J

jibbs

What does it matter?...

Bruh, with that response you might want to get with a union steward tomorrow and go over some things with him or her. Be sure to bring up Chally's question that you seem to think is irrelevant. :happy:

Lol

That sounds exactly like something I'd do.

R, man, you made it sound like you only scanned packages at work, which, in my center, is something they only have people do when there's extra bodies and we've got more work coming in than what was forecast. Scan-checking trucks is the easiest job on the preload in terms of physicality. There's not much accountability, either. Those guys basically go over other people's work looking for mistakes.

Saying that that's what you want to do until January 2015 is a bad sign but it seems that you were on the sort aisle scanning, and not inside trucks that other people were loading. Sort aisle and unload are no jokes, man, don't let people make you feel any sort of way about preferring that to loading. Running scan-checks all day will definitely make some coworkers in your hub/center start to resent every time you come around, though, if that's what you were talking about when you described your first day.
Yes, I'm in the sort isle where the unloaders are unloading the packages and placing them onto the belts for us sorters to scan and put into the right colors. But sorting is most difficult in my opinion. Than unloading the 18 wheelers.