UPS 20 yrs from now!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What do you think UPS will look like 20 yrs from now. Larger/Smaller. Union/Non-union. Will it go the way of REA and cease to exist?
Less US drivers but larger workforce Internationally.
Logistics will be a larger revenue generator than US Ground Small Package.
UPS will have a different makeup in regards to which units generate revenue and profit.
UPS will have many business units providing goods and services that don't even exist today.

I will have invented the teleporter which will transmit all packages directly to the receiver. It will make me fabulously wealthy and you will all be my brown suited minions. Except for a select few of the most eligible females which will be welcomed into my harem. Tryouts begin immediately,please forward your applications and photos.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
1. PAS/EDD will finally be fixed.
2. DIAD 10 will be in use.
3. Stock will still be under $65 a share
4. The drivers will finally get new uniforms
5. The airline mechanics will still be without a contract
6. My Package Car will finally get washed
7. Only a few P-800s will still be left in service

over9five

Staff member
1. PAS/EDD will finally be fixed.
2. DIAD 10 will be in use.
3. Stock will still be under $65 a share
4. The drivers will finally get new uniforms
5. The airline mechanics will still be without a contract
6. My Package Car will finally get washed
7. Only a few P-800s will still be left in service

8. The "scheduled for repair" day will arrive.

Sick of Intimidation

Robots will deliver the packages and we will just drive eliminating workers comp claims. Drivers will be micro-chipped and monitored during the day from a satellite in space with building penetrating gyroscopic visual radar.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
all parcels will be picked up / sorted/ loaded/unloaded / sorted again/ preloaded and the cars will be driven by a workforce of trained monkeys, a sup's job description will be re-classified as animal handler.

dave991

Lead, don't follow.
Fed EX will be eliminated due to bad business practices and a political backlash of their business exemptions when brought to the public attention. The USPS will be delivering 5 days a week with minimal parcel capacity due to demanded tracking requirements, UPS will command a 70+ share of the market. The Government will step in and call us a Monopoly, just because we are better than the competition. UPS Corp will sell the package division, (eliminating 65% of their current mgmt) to maintain their logistics operation, and the core reason UPS was able to become the company they are will be divided to numerous regional operations that will have their own self interest at heart. In the end the company as we know it will splinter and shatter into something we will no longer recognize.

tieguy

Banned
What do you think UPS will look like 20 yrs from now. Larger/Smaller. Union/Non-union. Will it go the way of REA and cease to exist?

More options in the design and color of cardboard

the development of a load retainer that secures the load and can not be removed.

A teamster hall of fame honoring teamster presidents who were not indicted sits empty....:happy2:

deepsouthmamaw

ups will reap the harvest from the seeds they sew. ups is not sewing any seeds now. so they will not be harvesting. drivers are only being dispatched to cover current deliveries with just enough time to do deliveries. we are not allowed to sew any seeds. so i predict if this current trend continues and we are continually harvesting and not sewing, we will not have any thing to harvest in the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with Hoax in that parcel delivery will be just a small part of the overall business plan for UPS. SCS, logistics, UPS Capital and development of international volume will all be key players in our success.

JustTired

free at last.......
UPS will lobby the Chinese government that FedExs' sponsorship of the Capitol building in the US province is a violation of fair trade laws. The Chinese govt. will respond with "What is fair trade? Back to work!!"