UPS 2013 = General Motor1989!!!!

BMWSauber1991

Roger & Me

220px-Roger_and_me.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This documentary is not about GM going broke, it's about putting 30,000 hard working people out of employment to make even more profit when they where the biggest and most profitable company in the world.

In case nobody has told you, Mr. Moore has an agenda. Anti-big business agenda. I did see Roger and Me and saw the slant. True, the execs at GM were out of this world crazy, but I don't see this as a comparison to UPS.
And by the way, on the picket line in 97, I heard guys saying that we were killing the goose that lays the golden egg. What has UPS done since 97? Exactly.

BMWSauber1991

In case nobody has told you, Mr. Moore has an agenda. Anti-big business agenda. I did see Roger and Me and saw the slant. True, the execs at GM were out of this world crazy, but I don't see this as a comparison to UPS.
And by the way, on the picket line in 97, I heard guys saying that we were killing the goose that lays the golden egg. What has UPS done since 97? Exactly.

How about UPS making record profits and trying to give us the shaft? Is that a comparison?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How about UPS making record profits and trying to give us the shaft? Is that a comparison?
Hey, I am voting NO on this baby. But even I don't think that UPS is trying to give us the shaft. I think they are trying to give us the least that they can under the circumstances. Doesn't every company do that?
Also, the TEAMSTERS have unanamously endorce this deal. I would love nothing better than this TA to fail big. But it will probably pass. The union has done a great job growing mushrooms and sheep.

purplesky

Mr. Moore IS PRO- WORKER.:wink2: The guy made a great film about corporate greed and how they screwed alot of middle class workers. Thats a fact. Not a slant.

If UPS could outsource its workforce they would. Good thing we dont make cars. The irony now is the American car industry seems to be making a come back and jobs are being created.

BMWSauber1991

Hey, I am voting NO on this baby. But even I don't think that UPS is trying to give us the shaft. I think they are trying to give us the least that they can under the circumstances. Doesn't every company do that?
Also, the TEAMSTERS have unanamously endorce this deal. I would love nothing better than this TA to fail big. But it will probably pass. The union has done a great job growing mushrooms and sheep.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from when you say that every company tries to give as little as possible. They're in the business to make as much profits they can and we are in the business to survive at the most comfortable level we can. I think everyone can agree though, it's very disappointing to see both UPS and IBT lookout for themselves and not us the people that truly make there money.

BMWSauber1991

Mr. Moore IS PRO- WORKER.:wink2: The guy made a great film about corporate greed and how they screwed alot of middle class workers. Thats a fact. Not a slant.

If UPS could outsource its workforce they would. Good thing we dont make cars. The irony now is the American car industry seems to be making a come back and jobs are being created.

I think UPS would consider robots to load/unload trailers. Think about it, a robot doesn't need to rest, eat, sleep, get paid, and doesn't ever talk back or ask for better working conditions.

I worked for Kroger for a while and read that they started deploying robotic systems to start building orders on pallet for shipment instead of having order selectors doing it. Makes sense when you truly want to maximize profits.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Its the nature of all business operating in a capitalist market economy to reduce cost and labor is its highest cost. Automation and technology has reduced the need for workers in the US and around the world, even in China. My father always tell me stories, he's 78, about the shoe industry he worked in during the 1950's early 1960's. He waxes on and on about how three jobs where lost when they got a machine that could do them all and 3x faster.

​Facts of life.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I think UPS would consider robots to load/unload trailers. Think about it, a robot doesn't need to rest, eat, sleep, get paid, and doesn't ever talk back or ask for better working conditions.

I worked for Kroger for a while and read that they started deploying robotic systems to start building orders on pallet for shipment instead of having order selectors doing it. Makes sense when you truly want to maximize profits.

They have been trying to configure robots to unload and load since at least 1980. I worked on that project for a while. Every year, the capabilities of robots get closer and closer. And why not? Unloading has to be the most mindless job on the planet. Next to being a finance beancounter, of course.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pump out junk cars like the Vega, and you will lose future customers. This is what happened to GM.

Leadfarmer153

I have no doubt that one day a machine will load trailers. I think that will come first. In 30-40 years part timers will cease, till then press them for higher wages and better benefits.