UPS Again Achieves Perfect Score on Corporate Equality

Discussion in 'UPS Pressroom News' started by cheryl, Sep 18, 2009.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

For the third consecutive year, UPS has achieved a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
  2. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

About the Corporate Equality Index Survey and Report

The HRC Foundation's CEI report, released each fall, provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees

I would be more impressed if UPS could win an award pertinent to the treatment , practices and working conditions for all of their employees.
  3. storm4

storm4 New Member

Yes, it would be good to put the policies into practice and have them across the board. I believed this to be the way it was prior to joining the company because the drivers were always so nice and helpful. It's not what I've heard about inside though. Perhaps in Atlanta things are better and they way they should be throughout. I hope so.

I'm also glad to see that UPS does have good policies. Perhaps one day they will be honored as they should be. I can't imagine the chaos at companies that don't even have policies in writing; especially when they are large organizations.

Go UPS!
  4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Amen satellite!
    I wasn't going to say anything until someone else did.

It's amazing this company will coddle people who chose to live what some people might consider an alternate lifestyle while treating the remaining majority like crap.
  5. Joseph Grimm

Joseph Grimm Member

We have a so called Christian Feeder Driver (who beat his daughters with a strap), go on and on about the company sending a letter out extending benefits to same sex life partners. I ignored his rhetoric, until he baited me for a response at the checkout counter. I said, "Jim Casey said that he wasn't the brightest, but he always hired the best.(paraphrased) If the best people are gay, and that is what it takes to keep them UPSER's, then so be it. He did not respond.