UPS Aid to Haiti

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I heard on the radio while I was driving home tonight, that UPS is donating a million dollars for earthquake victims in Haiti. I think this is a good thing.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
maybe we can offer some airlift capability, or logistics help. we sure know how to get stuff from here to there.

d

whiskey

There's a Haiti thread already in current events...
Very sad to watch this tragedy unfold.
In recent years I have been tracking Volcano's and earthquakes. I just happened to click onto the USGS recent earthquake site 25 minutes after the initial shock. I called my son into the room to look at the large red square indicating a 7.0 earthquake within the last hour. And it was only 6 miles into the earth.
As a nation, along with the rest of the world, we will all mobilize with support.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I sponsor a kid down there and a group from our church is down there as we speak delivering gifts. All are OK from what I hear.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When I was a small child, my family went on a cruise and one of the ports we stopped at was Cap-Haitien. I can still remember the extreme poverty I saw like it was yesterday. It still amazes me that this was so close to our country and that for some reason all the other ports were like paradise. The people seemed very nice, I hope they get all the help that is possible and let the rebuilding begin.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
scratch

like so many of the other places we send money, the place is run by a dictator. he takes all he wants, and leaves the rest for his goons. the people that the help was to go to, either dont get it, or pay what little they have for scraps.

its the same story, different setting in too many places on earth. throwing money at a bad situation never makes it better.

maybe the people got lucky, as i heard the palace was demolished.......

d

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
In our area we have a medical team that responds to major disasters around the world. I send donations to them all the time knowing my money is going to something directly and not some "who-knows" who's asking the public for money.

Disasters bring out the scammers in droves, be careful where you decide to contribute.