UPS air maintenance workers vote 98 percent to authorize strike

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS air maintenance workers vote 98 percent to authorize strike - Reuters

Air maintenance workers at United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) have voted overwhelmingly to authorize a strike against the world's largest package delivery company as contract talks remained deadlocked over health-care benefits, the workers' union said on Monday.

Teamsters Local 2727 said 98 percent of those who took part in a mail-in ballot voted to authorize strike action. Eighty percent of the local's 1,200 members participated in the ballot.

Contract talks have been ongoing for three years. If they remain deadlocked Monday, union representatives say they will begin the process that could lead to a strike within 60 days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So last 3 ups contracts. Pilots authorize a strike. Airline mechanics vote to strike. And more supplements than ever before voted down during the NMA negotiations.

2018 should be fun.

MAKAVELI

So last 3 ups contracts. Pilots authorize a strike. Airline mechanics vote to strike. And more supplements than ever before voted down during the NMA negotiations.

2018 should be fun.
Just wait till the republicans dismantle the NLRB. Then fun really begins.

rod

Retired 22 years
The opening page on my MSN screen reads---UPS Workers Vote to Strike. The average Joe Schmuck is going to take that as UPS package drivers. I wonder how many shippers are already in a panic. I bet this gets settled QUICK.