ups air package driver

khaled

i need an advice ,,i am so confused.i have two interviews on monday at the same time,one for the ups air package driver part time ,and fedex part time driver .they both at the same time and i need to choose one of them ,,,any one can recommend witch one is better
thank you

PT Car Washer

Don't know about FedEx, but chances are the UPS Air Driver job is doing letter box pick ups in the PM. Really easy job. Starts at $11.50 an hour and moves up to $12.50 after gaining seniority. 24 month progression to top rate. Todays top rate $24.74 plus the $.70 raise when the contract is settled. Good chance for extra hours on Sat. unless the job is Tues thru Sat. Benefits after 1 year. including paid Holidays and paid vacation. If you stay long enough you can also collect a pension.

khaled

thank you,,,but 11.50 sounds very low,,,i was offered 15.75 for the fedex part time job,,but the problem is not enough hours,,from 6am to like 10 am or 11am
its very hard to choose

PT Car Washer

All UPS jobs start off low on the pay side. FT package car drivers start at $16.10 an hour. Our PT air drivers days usually are 3-4 hours long. Not going to make a living on a PT job. Just a chance to make some extra money. Not bad money after the 2 year progression. Ask FedEx if they can match that. Plus the free benefits.

upschuck

Can you change one of them? Have you read some of the FedEx forums posts? I know you probably not getting the true picture, but you can deem some information from them. If you can make it at the lower pay for a while, I think UPS would be the wiser choice. The UPS job is also probably part time too, but advancement possibilities are better with higher earnings potential. Good luck in your decision.

MAKAVELI

You might start off at a higher wage but there is no such thing as wage progression at FedEx. As the UPS guys have said that position tops out at more then $24 an hour after 2 years. Which is more than FedEx drivers after 15 - 20 years make. UPS has a real benefits package with no monthly premium. We pay over $400 a month (family) for health ins that will bankrupt you if you have a serious injury or illness. I could go on and on but the bottom line is if you put your time in at UPS you will have a very good paying career vs a dead end job at FedEx.

opie

thank you,,,but 11.50 sounds very low,,,i was offered 15.75 for the fedex part time job,,but the problem is not enough hours,,from 6am to like 10 am or 11am
its very hard to choose

Simple. Work for Fedex in the AM, and UPS in the PM, lol.

PT Car Washer

How do you figure? I am missing something? Top rate right now is $24.74 plus $.70 raise when contract is settled is $25.44 plus the rest of the yearly contractual raises should be close to $30 an hour.

BrownChoice

Go with UPS 100%. This is the wisest career choice you can make given the choice you have to make.

Ever heard of UPS ft drivers making as much or more than someone with a masters degree? Well they do, about 1/4 the drivers made at least 100k last year and 1/2 made about 80k, where Im at.