UPS Aircraft Maintenance

ThyDevourer

Does anyone know where to find any information regarding UPS' aircraft maintenance jobs? I know they are local 2727 but I cannot find their contract or any real information about it. I'm interested in gaining some experience and possibly applying. Do they tend to hire from within the company? I'm a part timer who just completed and passed driver training with about 2 1/2 years seniority in the central U.S. Any real pertinent info would be appreciated. Thanks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anyone know where to find any information regarding UPS' aircraft maintenance jobs? I know they are local 2727 but I cannot find their contract or any real information about it. I'm interested in gaining some experience and possibly applying. Do they tend to hire from within the company? I'm a part timer who just completed and passed driver training with about 2 1/2 years seniority in the central U.S. Any real pertinent info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you have your A&P certification?

ThyDevourer

Do you have your A&P certification?
I do not, I have seen in some job posting that a that a Airframe and Powerplant license is a prerequisite, as well as 3 years of large jet maintenance experience. I would just like to gain some more information before I commit myself to obtaining them. I have contacts with Boeing so I imagine gaining the necessary experience is quite doable.

rod

Retired 22 years

I would get a job at one of the major carriers before I would UPS. I'm sure the pay and benefits would be about the same but at a major carrier you and your family would be qualified to fly for free or greatly reduced rates. A fiend is a mechanic at American and he is always flying his family somewhere.

ThyDevourer

I would get a job at one of the major carriers before I would UPS. I'm sure the pay and benefits would be about the same but at a major carrier you and your family would be qualified to fly for free or greatly reduced rates. A fiend is a mechanic at American and he is always flying his family somewhere.
Thanks for the reply, I've read UPS maintainence employees are some of the highest paid technicians in the industry. Although I think Southwest isn't too far behind. I would like to stay within the company. I'm skeptical seniority or vacation weeks accrued would carry over but that would be nice. Here is one piece of information I was able to find with some pay figures, (although a bit outdated).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-16-03-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-16-03-21.png
    145 KB · Views: 820

rod

Retired 22 years
Thanks for the reply, I've read UPS maintainence employees are some of the highest paid technicians in the industry. Although I think Southwest isn't too far behind. I would like to stay within the company. I'm skeptical seniority or vacation weeks accrued would carry over but that would be nice. Here is one piece of information I was able to find with some pay figures, (although a bit outdated).

Before you make commitments be sure to actually talk to some UPS air mechanics. The grass might not be as green as you think.

ThyDevourer

Before you make commitments be sure to actually talk to some UPS air mechanics. The grass might not be as green as you think.
Couldn't agree more, and that was the intention with this post, I know its a pretty small union so gaining some insight from current or former employees isn't easy. Hoping somebody will chime in with some real world experience.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They aren't going to hire you without an A&P. If you have IA authorization even better.