UPS Alumni

tarbar66

My wife says I should sign up.

I think she wants me out of the house 18 hours of the day instead of 10. My retiree schedule is a full time thing in the summer. In December I might have time to fit UPS in!

It has been 7 years since I have had Peak experience. Would my skills still be needed?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I think she wants me out of the house 18 hours of the day instead of 10. My retiree schedule is a full time thing in the summer. In December I might have time to fit UPS in!

It has been 7 years since I have had Peak experience. Would my skills still be needed?
Women like money better than husbands.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would go back for peak but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy with my production-----then again for 30 years they weren't happy with it so why should things change?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I let my DOT card expire and when I renew my DL in December, it won't be a class A anymore. That is for a reason. I never want to drive a commercial vehicle again. 38 years is enough for me, brother.

Packmule

I let my DOT card expire and when I renew my DL in December, it won't be a class A anymore. That is for a reason. I never want to drive a commercial vehicle again. 38 years is enough for me, brother.
When I retire in a few, I am totally in agreement. I'd flip burgers before I'll deal with commercial driving again! And at peak! Ever heard of winter driving? No thanks!

Nope. They don't translate. Stay home with the family and enjoy life. This place made decades of Decembers suck. Isn't that enough?

upschuck

I knew a couple of sups that came back and they were given helper coordinator. They said if that was their FT job they would of stayed a while longer. A lot of free time in that job, and only PT hours.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our local/pension fund has waived suspension of benefits if any of us old farts want to work peak (Aug 1 to Jan 31).

Riiiight!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I find it very interesting UPS is desperate enough to take the risk on old geezers that would file a workman's comp claim in a heartbeat ( what do you have to lose, everything to gain) on any injury sustained while performing in the worst time of the year for production and weather. I mean what are they gunna do, make you do DOK and have a ride along?

NM, get that knee fixed on UPS's dime.

I find it very interesting UPS is desperate enough to take the risk on old geezers that would file a workman's comp claim in a heartbeat ( what do you have to lose, everything to gain) on any injury sustained while performing in the worst time of the year for production and weather. I mean what are they gunna do, make you do DOK and have a ride along?

NM, get that knee fixed on UPS's dime.
Or have a teir 3,just for the hell of It.
Not like they ever pissed an employee off!