UPS; American Dream or evidence of the corrupt hearts of Americans today?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

Nice contribution.

I am flattered that you make everything about I but you really need to start contributing more up to your potential.

I think you are capable of much more.

Sincerely,
I
I'm just a driver, not a self proclaimed Internet superhero. I do contribute in threads that are worth a discussion when both parties are willing to give examples of how the topic relates in their own life. I won't participate in a lecture from someone who isn't forthcoming with their own examples and wants to speak at people, instead of with.

It reminds me of sups who want to tell drivers how to do the job and knowing deep down they can't perform at the levels that their employees do, instead they act as though they have all the answers, when really they don't. Arguing with them gets no where, so you allow them to live in their fantasy world, oblivious to what really goes on. I think this might have something to do with the reason your threads lack much participation about the topic.

Just a blue collar driver opinion of course.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I said it before, I'll say it again. UPS only abuses those people who allow themselves to be abused.
oldupsman,

Did you read the document and view the video?

I think you are over simplifying this issue to avoid really talking about it.

Your statement is like saying that bullies only abuse people who allow themselves to be bullied, victims of domestic violence are only victims because they allow themselves to be victims, abused children are only abused because they allow themselves to be abused...add your own.

This is not true.

The sick, sinfulness, depraved nature of the American culture has an impact on people and how they respond or fail to respond to things that happen to them.

To discount this fact would be denying the truth.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm just a driver, not a self proclaimed Internet superhero. I do contribute in threads that are worth a discussion when both parties are willing to give examples of how the topic relates in their own life. I won't participate in a lecture from someone who isn't forthcoming with their own examples and wants to speak at people, instead of with.

It reminds me of sups who want to tell drivers how to do the job and knowing deep down they can't perform at the levels that their employees do, instead they act as though they have all the answers, when really they don't. Arguing with them gets no where, so you allow them to live in their fantasy world, oblivious to what really goes on. I think this might have something to do with the reason your threads lack much participation about the topic.

Just a blue collar driver opinion of course.
Jackburton,

?

Sincerely,
I

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I just find it hard to believe when people think earning a paycheck equals loving money !!!

Do I love money? says (I)diot

To answer your question, I love what I can do with money !

I can afford to live in a nice house. I can afford to drive a nice SUV. I can afford to pay the tab for my friends at dinner.
I can afford to tithe at my church. I can afford tip the waitress 25%. I can afford to give to charities at my own will.

People that ask the question "Do you love money?" usually are jealous of people richer than them or handle their money poorly !!

If you want to start quoting bible verses like "money is the root to all evil", let me tell you something. The Good Samaritan didn't help the beat-up traveler on the side of the road with good intentions, he helped by paying for his stay at the inn and paying for his care. He needed to have wealth to help him.

To insinuate earning a paycheck with greed is disgusting.

Your beef with UPS also is wrong because they provide a service for a price. People have other choices but if they choose UPS, UPS makes money.
To clump UPS with payday lenders, loan sharks, credit card companies, subprime mortgage lenders and big banks too big to fail is also despicable!!!

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

?

Sincerely,
I
I think that's a post I'd like to see more from you. I hope you aren't getting emotionally upset with me. I really want to continue our dialogue back and forth so we can solve some of these issues together, such as the burning question, How to report egress issues to the appropriate people.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think that's a post I'd like to see more from you. I hope you aren't getting emotionally upset with me. I really want to continue our dialogue back and forth so we can solve some of these issues together, such as the burning question, How to report egress issues to the appropriate people.
Jackburton,

No, I am not emotionally upset with you.

Since you brought it up.

How would you recommend reporting egress issues to the appropriate people?

Let's say the egress issue is in a feeder during the unload of a preload operation.

Who would you report it to?

Exactly what would you say?

What would you expect the response to be from this person?

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jackburton,

No, I am not emotionally upset with you.

Since you brought it up.

Let's say the egress issue is in a feeder during the unload of a preload operation.

Sincerely,
I
Once again, I refer you to your own thread. http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087427

It still seems you can't carry on a conversation when answers are given to you. Instead of solving the issue, you once again ask how to do it. The same questions over and over, the same answers are given, start another thread and repeat. The act is old, played out, and to some I can see how it's annoying. Your posts of answering questions with questions are easy to deal with, especially when you ask the same questions in a different format. Once again I stand by what I've said, your act is old, played out, and its time to think of something new.

As a side note, it's interesting to see how your effort in posts goes unnoticed since people have started to catch on and not take you seriously.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Since you brought it up.

Sincerely,
I

Once again, I refer you to your own thread. http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/s...-who-suggested-348405/index4.html#post1087427

It still seems you can't carry on a conversation when answers are given to you. Instead of solving the issue, you once again ask how to do it. The same questions over and over, the same answers are given, start another thread and repeat. The act is old, played out, and to some I can see how it's annoying. Your posts of answering questions with questions are easy to deal with, especially when you ask the same questions in a different format. Once again I stand by what I've said, your act is old, played out, and its time to think of something new.

As a side note, it's interesting to see how your effort in posts goes unnoticed since people have started to catch on and not take you seriously.
Jackburton,

?

Sincerely,
I

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Posting an old opinion piece from a bias source and tossing reckless judgment, on my fellow UPSers, in this self-serving thread, in which, in my opinion, is a cloak for insecurity and "I" guilt...

I resent the calloused way you dismiss Hef's responses and our common link to each other, our employer, UPS.

If this hits you so freaking strongly, QUIT!!

I personally cannot wait for your "required" self-righteous response to my post on this thread.

Do not attack America.
Do not attack the American Dream.

Every day, we can make a difference in the life of others.
WE make those choices.
Working hard for a good paycheck is one of those choices.
Working two jobs, JUST TO MAKE IT, is a choice some of us needed to live and some of us still do live.

Choices.

I - please watch my video and tell us about how this nine year old boy will become a corrupt employer of the future with his selfish greed....
[video=youtube;faIFNkdq96U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIFNkdq96U[/video]

Last edited:

Returntosender

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it” Charles Swindoll
You psycho analyze a lot things Interigty. Take a break live life.

InsideUPS

To all, For Discussion: Please read:Corruption In America

Please view video:

I often ask myself: Am I more part of the problem at UPS or am I part of the solution at UPS. I only come close to an answer when I break down the walls of denial in myself and reach for my inner Intetgrity. What about you? Sincerely, I

Heffernan states: "As for myself, I signed up to work late and get paid great !! I started at 9.50 an hour and worked my :censored2: off to my $32 plus.

It pays for my mortgage, car, lights, heat, beer, food, baseball tickets, etc !!"

Heffernan states: "To answer your question, I love what I can do with money !

I can afford to live in a nice house. I can afford to drive a nice SUV. I can afford to pay the tab for my friends at dinner.
I can afford to tithe at my church. I can afford tip the waitress 25%. I can afford to give to charities at my own will.

FIRST: Integrity, that was an extremely powerful, meaningful, and emotional video that you posted. Very much in line with Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle":

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say "I'm gonna be like you dad
You know I'm gonna be like you"

BTW.....The article was also very telling about greed in our country today.

The question that you posed to yourself, "Am I more part of the problem at UPS or am I part of the solution at UPS?" is one that only you can answer. As for me, I believe that most all Teamster members as well as morally righteous management are more part of the solution than the problem. I believe that the concept of "Ying and Yang" follows closely in our UPS work environment. Wikipedia Definition: In Chinese philosophy, the concept of yin-yang (simplified Chinese: 阴阳; traditional Chinese: 陰陽; pinyin: yīnyáng), which is often called "yin and yang", is used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another

For example, I believe that the (I)ntegrity, service, and dedication of the hourly workforce prevails in the day to day contact that each and every customer of UPS. It is the hourly workforce that will stop the belts when packages are being crushed from over demanding corporate production standards. In simple terms, the "greed" that I believe you portray in Corporate America is countered by the service minded, dedicated, and middle class workforce of UPS. Our Teamster representation is an excellent example of how we....the bargaining unit workforce are MORE part of the solution to corporate greed than contributors to the problem.

SECOND, Heffernan: I totally respect your strong work ethic and many of your beliefs. I quoted you only for the reason that I did not see that you mentioned any type of family or relationship. The video posted by Integrity was a portrayal of how we are sacrificing family for the sake of work. Sometimes, I'm not sure why we get off on "bashing" some lifeless entity known as a Corporation. From reading all the posts, I believe that there is miscommunication between yourself and Integrity. I am much like yourself when it comes to the concept of "MONEY".... It's what you can do with money that defines you. UPS along with many other corporations such as Bill Gates/Microsoft are extremely philanthropic.........

In summary, Corporations are lifeless...legal..business entities that do not and can not contribute to any human trait. Corporations simply provide the opportunity for people such as you and myself to contribute to ourselves, our families, our charities, etc. It is what we as people do with our money that defines the type of human beings we are. The fact that Heffernan contributes to charities, etc....speaks well of his character. The fact that Integrity raises the question about greed is not something I find offending. I actually enjoyed the video and the reflection on what is truly the precious gift of all......which is our family and friends. The sacrifices we have to make for them are not always easy. Not being able to provide for them however is much worse IMHO..

BTW.... My daughter was the recipient of the James Casey Scholarship..... worth.. a net amount of $24,000 at The Ohio State University....now working on her Ph.D. a NCU (Go Tarheels)..so.....although I have had more than my fair share of issues at UPS....I still appreciate all the opportunities they have provided for both my family and myself....

P.S. Also (I)ntegrity.......you will be happy to know that I just fed the birds today (in snowy Ohio) with money I made at UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
HEFFERNAN,

Do you love money?

Did you even take the time to read the article or view the video?

UPS is a huge American Company.

You can defend it all you want but denying that UPS isn't part of the culture in America would be simply denying the truth.

Sincerely,
I

Just as you can't defend that you and Indecision are part of the culture in America.

I am always amazed at the greedy drivers that just want more and more! :wink2:
Note: This does not apply to part-timers or anyone living in California, Chicago or the big cities on the Northeast Coast.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I am always amazed at the greedy drivers that just want more and more!

Sounds like management! Easy to point at someone else. How big was ur last bonus? From the service Providers hard work. You made ur money because u pushed the drivers more and more. Any way congrats on ur retirement. Thank ur work forces. U couldn't Do it itself.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I am always amazed at the greedy drivers that just want more and more!

Sounds like management! Easy to point at someone else. How big was ur last bonus? From the service Providers hard work. You made ur money because u pushed the drivers more and more. Any way congrats on ur retirement. Thank ur work forces. U couldn't Do it itself.

Read the post you are mocking and notice the smile icon.

You should learn sarcasm and notice that we post using full words instead of text.
And some how you know Hoax retired but yet fail to understand that he was far removed from the Service Provider world.

And let me tell you that Hoax can do anything he wants and never needed your help because he has Super Seniority.

Love ya Hoax, AJ