UPS ..an American Disgrace for worker safety

U

upsdude

bob sled......
"reform and public rebuke will come in time."

At least 2 people a day ask me how they can get a job at UPS. In my 15 years of employment Ive yet to have anyone stop me and ask how I can work for such an evil empire.

I did notice that you are an unregistered guest. Do you also walk into peoples homes and tell them what you dont like about it ?

U

upsdude

Tieguy.....

"This issue raises it head all the time and I don't understand the point being made. Trade unions litter the board of top PAC contributors. Why would anyone begrudge UPS for participating in the same process?"

I agree. Take a look at the numbers and the first thing that jumps out is the way money is distributed. The Teamsters almost exclusively give their money to democrats. UPS has a better balanced distribution of funds. Humm, maybe that explains why UPS seems to have a more successful lobbying effort.

D

dannyboy

Maybe that is why some of us teamsters Are pulling some of the support of the way the money is given away.

d

T

tieguy

"I agree. Take a look at the numbers and the first thing that jumps out is the way money is distributed. The Teamsters almost exclusively give their money to democrats. UPS has a better balanced distribution of funds. Humm, maybe that explains why UPS seems to have a more successful lobbying effort. "

Dude,
it does make you wonder if the democrats take the union support for granted.

D

dannyboy

The Union Vote, the Black Vote, etc. They have taken it for granted, and done as they pleased.

You know, I have been around a few years here at BIG Brown. EVERY time someone tries to hurt the company, it ends up hurting the very people that ostensibly were to be helped.

Take my years of service that dont count for retirement. I dont blame the company, the UNION agreed to the language that screwed me and many more just like me. THEY are the ones that have been taking out dues to "protect" me from the "evil" brown machine.

During the DEMOCRAT controled gooberment, they passed laws that strip my rights under the fair labor act, and claim to make our roads safer, that those labor laws dont apply to me. Now how is that furthering my best interests?

d